Wifi connection issues
1920 10 2015-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Richard 174
New

United Kingdom

Hi I have recently purchased a phantom vision +
I got everything setup correctly checked for any firmware updates everything seemed to work fine I turn everything on connect my iPhone 5 to the wifi and everything seems fine, as soon as I start the motors the wifi connections fails saying (phantom connection broken).
If I fly the phantom it finds the connection but it seems to loose connection soon as I fly a few feet away.
I have re-downloaded the app changed tablet, I have binded the range extender. I fly the phantom in a middle of a field so no interference atall I have tried putting my phone into airplane mode still no better.
As a newbie to all this can anyone help
2015-2-8
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

If you have a chance try another mobile device from a friend or family member.
Could be a defective Wifi or extender module if none work with it.

2015-2-8
Use props
Richard 174
New

United Kingdom

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-2-9 02:33
If you have a chance try another mobile device from a friend or family member.
Could be a defective  ...

Hi I have also tried my iPad but does the exact same, do u know of anything else I can try?
2015-2-8
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

Richard 174 Posted at 2015-2-9 04:45
Hi I have also tried my iPad but does the exact same, do u know of anything else I can try?

nope,  you should contact your dealer you got the unit from and ask for replacement
2015-2-8
Use props
HKRyan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23465 ft
Hong Kong

I had this problem and it frustrated me to absolutely no end!!!  I found that it happened more often when there were other phones around me which makes me think it could have been other phones trying to latch onto the wifi signal.  It might have also been the insane amount of wifi routers in the mega apartment buildings near the RC airfield here in HK.   Whatever the case, I sorted the problem out by doing a couple of things.  
1.  I always switch my phone into airplane mode and then turn wifi back on.  (This sometimes helped, but I was still losing the connection)
2.  I downloaded a wifi extender app that allowed me to set a password to the phantom wifi and switch the wifi channel.  ( In the end, I think this is what helped the most).  I used "FPV Booster."  Its gotten some bad PR lately because it makes some pretty lofty claims about what it's actually doing.  But in the end, it does do what you need it to.  You can add a password, change the channel and (legitimately) boost the wifi repeater power output.  
Best of luck... I was ready to pull my hair out for a while there.
2015-2-8
Use props
HKRyan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23465 ft
Hong Kong

I should mention I was having the same issue with both my phone and my ipad.  I assumed it was a broken wifi extender... but I have had zero issues since doing the above mentioned things.
2015-2-8
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49009 ft
United States

Does anyone know if there is an issue with iPhone 5s and the wifi issue. When using ipad running the iphone vision app, I have no issue, but when I use my iPhone 5s sometime it works and then I will lose connection this has happen over the last few days. Both are running the same iOS version 8.1.3

I have do the binding 2 times, and I just got it back from DJI support repair center less then a month ago.
2015-2-21
Use props
pardobay74
New

United States

HKRyan Posted at 2015-2-9 00:52
I had this problem and it frustrated me to absolutely no end!!!  I found that it happened more often ...

Hello HkRyan, what is the name of the app you downloaded on your iphone?  Is been months since I flew my drone because until now I can not connect to the camera. I bought my drone thru amazon and not directly thru this guys and they don't help me as I would like. I dont know what else to do as I can't see anything else to make the camera connect to my iphone. Any advise would be helpful! and If anyone else has the same problem, please let me know what you did to make it work!  Cheers everyone!
2015-9-19
Use props
pardobay74
New

United States

skymaker6 Posted at 2015-2-21 10:11
Does anyone know if there is an issue with iPhone 5s and the wifi issue. When using ipad running the ...

Hello skymaker6. did you finally get to work your drone to connect with you iphone?  For me is been since beginning of the year that I haven't been able to fly my drone because no connectivity so I can not see where Im flying the drone, nor the camera records video or takes pictures.  any help will be appreciated!
Cheers
2015-9-19
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Closely inspect where all cables are connected to th exterior of the Phanotom, several have found the most minute disconnect caused problems..
Are your firmwares at least relatively current/compatible?

I was running 3.06 with no issue, skipped 3.10 then went to 3.12 and no issues with any of the firmware I have been or am on..also made sure corresponding RC and camera firmware were updated at those times.
I have not updated to 3.14 as no need as all is working fine otherwise,
2015-9-19
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Check the cable to the gimbel then if that doesn't fix it and you fill froggy pull the lid and check the video feed cable from the wifi transmitter in the bird. Wiggle it and make sure there is no corrosion and its tight. See the red arrow. If those. Two don't get it and you are sure you are properly bound to the wifi extender with the correct MAC address try connecting out in a field away from other wifi signals. If no go try another wifi extender.Thats the only sure way to tell.
2015-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules