Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why the Mavic Launch Has Been Fumbled (Theory)
1367 7 2016-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
clarksbrother
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66824 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone browsing this forum would be hard pressed to not be bombarded by the flood of negative comments regarding delivery/malfunctions/etc.

As such, given the announcement today, I can't help but think that executives at DJI saw GoPro's announcement, and decided to play spoiler by moving up the announcement date of the Mavic, to steal presales that would have otherwise gone to GoPro (I know it worked in my case...). It would have made far more sense to announce it alongside the other drones, the Phantom 4 Pro and the Inspire 2 today, and I would bet that was the original plan.

This would explain the absolutely attrocious rate of delivery which is only now starting to ramp up (around today's announcement...) as well as the less than stellar QC of the initial batch as one would expect if a product was rushed out the door far sooner than anyone anticipated.

I don't think it's far fetched to think this was purely about stealing GoPro's thunder (and orders) and the chaos that has resulted is the result of rushed timelines that I'm sure no one on the manufacturing/engineering/software side for DJI ever would have imagined happening.

2016-11-15
Use props
trance728
First Officer
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds plausible to me.
2016-11-15
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.4
United States

trance728 Posted at 2016-11-15 12:37
Sounds plausible to me.

I agree that this scenario is plausible.
2016-11-15
Use props
trance728
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

No matter how many times they say it had nothing to do with GoPro, then why would you have it be a separate event? When they always do a November event and clearly they had no ability to deliver on the date they announced.
2016-11-15
Use props
Sgt_Throatpunch
lvl.1

United States

I am not much of a conspiracy theorist, but it does seem quite plausible that the Mavic, P4P and Inspire 2 were all to be announced today, and the GoPro announcement did alter the timetable. It makes perfect sense with the issues of shipping that the Mavic has had. I can't say I blame DJI, not wanting to lose out on the ultra-portable drone market.
2016-11-15
Use props
Draxel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 402247 ft
  • >>>
Norway

It'll be interesting to see how quickly the P4 Pro & Inspire 2 will ship!
Granted they won't have the same order volume for sure, but I have my doubts they'll be only sending "100 a day".
2016-11-15
Use props
XDfh2UKILeWX
lvl.1

United States

Greed before quality.
2016-11-15
Use props
trance728
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Draxel Posted at 2016-11-15 16:43
It'll be interesting to see how quickly the P4 Pro & Inspire 2 will ship!
Granted they won't have th ...

Well the Inspire 2 is pre-order so who knows for that.
2016-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules