Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ZENMUSE X5S Compatible with the Inspire 1?
14380 47 2016-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf73cc4d1
lvl.1

United States

There are a lot of companies about innovation. I don't mind when Canon comes out with a new 5D body because I know future lenses will be compatible with my older 5D. If I had to buy a new camera body everytime a new one came out I would switch to a different company. Obviously it is what it is, my inspire pro black does get the job done. I don't love warming batteries in my arm pit after a long hike, I wish I didn't have to use a 3rd party front facing camera, but most of all I wish my 6 month old inspire wasn't stuck with the same camera until I buy a whole new drone. It's just disappointing.
2016-11-20
Use props
fans073349b1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9447198 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the wonderful world of DJI.. They stick it to you at every upgrade.
2017-2-28
Use props
Memmi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324108 ft
  • >>>
United States

Astonished at the level of whining going on here. As an owner of an inspire 1 + x3/x5 I'm not upset about the incompatibility as I understand the rational behind the change. Moving the storage solution to the aircraft makes a great deal more sense. While  dji could have consen to make the mounts compatible but at the expense of the design and performance of the I2.

I've heard every version of this argument (thanks for repeating them in this tread) framed with apple (or insert tech company here). Getting upset about the evolution of product in a market space is silly. If dji (or apple or x) doesn't evolve their product, a competitor will and there will then be no more company to produce product.
2017-2-28
Use props
Sestaceans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Memmi Posted at 2017-2-28 16:04
Astonished at the level of whining going on here. As an owner of an inspire 1 + x3/x5 I'm not upset about the incompatibility as I understand the rational behind the change. Moving the storage solution to the aircraft makes a great deal more sense. While  dji could have consen to make the mounts compatible but at the expense of the design and performance of the I2.

I've heard every version of this argument (thanks for repeating them in this tread) framed with apple (or insert tech company here). Getting upset about the evolution of product in a market space is silly. If dji (or apple or x) doesn't evolve their product, a competitor will and there will then be no more company to produce product.

I definitely would not say this is whining.  I can totally understand people with a film background wondering why they can't use their "lenses" for a new (drone) body which looked like the direction DJI was going with the Inspire 1 (hence the multiple cameras that you can use with it).  It would be nice if DJI continued to support the Inspire1 or at least let 3rd party companies do so.  This reminds me a little of the 35mm adaptor (redrock adaptors etc) craze when people were trying to find a way to  keep their gear relevant in the early Digital Camera days..
To say people are "whining"  when they find out that their gear is no longer going to be supported is pretty cold.  I think you may even change your tune in time, perhaps when a client wants 4k/60fps and your Inspire 1 doesn't quite cut it.
2017-2-28
Use props
fans3ab0bca4
lvl.1
Singapore

Is there internal RAW recording in X5s??
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans3ab0bca4 Posted at 2017-6-15 08:23
Is there internal RAW recording in X5s??

Do you mean without the ProRes or CinemaDNG codecs activated?
2017-6-16
Use props
fansaf26b13a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95886 ft
  • >>>
United States

AlaskanTides Posted at 2016-11-17 23:32
The UAV market is changing very fast..Computer processing, camera and battery technology are changing even faster. http://theemergingfuture.com/speed-technological-advancement.htm
The inspire produced 5 years from now will be 16X more advanced then the I2 is today.
Most folks in this market are geeks and tech heads….They demand radical advancement.  In my opinion it is asking a lot, to ask such a tech based industry to stay backwards compatible…..

As far as I am concerned .....all DJI is concerned about is selling$3000 to $6000 equipment....... the I1 was great when it came out and with all the fw updates and limits dji has put on the user DOES make us do what you want....... YES you are APPLE....... just enough changes to BUY new..... Legacy investment is good policy and customer respect.......... We the USEr made DJI by sales...... YOU DIDNT MAKE US......
2017-10-3
Use props
fansdaa0fe70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75256 ft

I have a zenmuse X5 and I broke the gimbal happy mounting point. Does anybody have any ideas about fixing this.? Also is the x5s gimbal Mount the same way as the X5?
2018-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules