Home wifi cuts out
893 5 2016-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tgs3838
lvl.3
Flight distance : 213957 ft
United States

Hello everyone. Maybe this is a dumb question. But i did a quick google  search and couldn't find anything. But every time i turn my drone on  inside my house my wifi cuts out. Seems like i remember reading that the  drone runs off the same frequencies(not a computer expert so forgive me  if im wrong) as the wifi? Not that its a huge deal i guess. But i was  wanting to watch some youtube videos and try to get some tips for the  camera settings and stuff like that. And i don't believe you can change  the setting without the drone on. But is there anyway around this? Or  just something i have to deal with? Thanks.

2016-11-15
Use props
fans4247cd6d
New

Canada

bump... It does the same thing here at home, why?
2016-12-3
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Because it is using the 2.4Ghz band, just like your wifi. Because it is more powerfull then your router, it "screams" louder on the same band, so your other devices don't hear the wifi singal anymore.

This is quiet normal. On custom firmware, you can boost your wifi signal (TX Power) so you can annoy your neighbours, but yourself, have a more powerfull connection and more speed. Because the drone is on the same band but has a much more powerfull output (ever seen your wifi connection at 7KM?) it just "blocks" your wifi.
2016-12-3
Use props
fans4247cd6d
New

Canada

Nees Posted at 2016-12-4 02:28
Because it is using the 2.4Ghz band, just like your wifi. Because it is more powerfull then your rou ...

Is there a way to overcome this?
2016-12-4
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

fans4247cd6d Posted at 2016-12-4 07:36
Is there a way to overcome this?

No it is an inherent issue because the Mavic uses the 2.4ghz band for RC. If your router has a 5ghz option you should still be able to see that signal while the Mavic is in use
2016-12-4
Use props
fans4247cd6d
New

Canada

dotfiles Posted at 2016-12-4 09:59
No it is an inherent issue because the Mavic uses the 2.4ghz band for RC. If your router has a 5gh ...

Allright, thx guys.
2016-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules