ISSUE WITH MAVIC - DJI Mavic Pro will not land
6451 19 2016-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc6dfd741
New

Canada

Ok Guys,

I am having an issue with my Mavic and I am wondering if anyone else is having the same one.

I flew my Mavic almost every day for 3 days and had no issues.

I was out flying on the 3rd day, had no issues all day but did one last flight and found that my drone would not land... Instead of landing it looked like the downwards facing sensors/cameras were stopping it from lowering. I would attempt to lower the Mavic and then it would stop and just start going up. So the Mavic didn't just not land, but it would also start ascending and I wouldn't be able to lower it. I was able to land the Mavic with the Auto Land feature.

There was a firmware update that night so I updated the Mavic and I am STILL running into this issue.

I was able to find a workaround by turning off all object avoidance and downwards vision positioning.

Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Also, I made sure that I was calibratiing the compass before each flight.

Thanks,

Brayden Hall
Instagram: @braybraywoowoo
www.braydenhall.com
2016-11-15
Use props
phatee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36165 ft
United States

is there anything obstructing the bottom sensors?  curious cuz i read on another thread, someone landed on grass and when they took off again a leaf got stuck on the bottom messing up the sensors.
2016-11-15
Use props
fansc6dfd741
New

Canada

phatee Posted at 2016-11-15 15:07
is there anything obstructing the bottom sensors?  curious cuz i read on another thread, someone lan ...

There is nothing on the bottom sensors.

I even cleaned them with a Polar Pro lens pen that I have just in case and had the same issue.
2016-11-15
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

Seems like multiple people have recently been reporting this issue. Some said that holding the left stick down eventually made it do a controlled landing
2016-11-15
Use props
fansc6dfd741
New

Canada

dotfiles Posted at 2016-11-15 16:40
Seems like multiple people have recently been reporting this issue. Some said that holding the left  ...

Yup that is how I have been landing it.

I have been forced to disable the Downward Vision Positioning.

I am hoping that there will be an update that fixes this...
2016-11-15
Use props
fansae63899d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361188 ft
United States

This is not a bug, this is a 'feature'.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-72087-1-1.html
2016-11-15
Use props
fansc6dfd741
New

Canada

fansae63899d Posted at 2016-11-15 17:56
This is not a bug, this is a 'feature'.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-72087-1-1.html

Yes the auto land is a feature but the Mavic is unable to land even when it is no where near the ground.

It will be high above the ground with nothing obstructing it and once I start descending it just hovers and starts ascending again.
2016-11-15
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Can you film it? Manual says 1 second... before landing.
2016-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please make a video of this issue?
Also please sync your flight records and provide me with your DJI account email and the date this occurred.
I'll help to check it.
2016-11-16
Use props
WilliamDJI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 319514 ft
Canada

I have this exact same tissue - and this must be my 10th DJI product this year and my second Mavic.
2016-12-24
Use props
WilliamDJI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 319514 ft
Canada

I have this exact same tissue - and this must be my 10th DJI product this year and my second Mavic. I am not referring to the .5 m hover for a second before landing, but rather at heights of 100 feet etc the Mavic will NOT descend unless you turn off the downward VPS
2016-12-24
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

Theres a setting in the vps that it will check for ground smoothness before landing maybe try disabling that and see if it works
2016-12-24
Use props
fans7ee3c5a5
New

United States

I had the same thing happen to me today (12/30/2016). I put my Mavic up for a quick shot and it would not land. I got an obstacle warning but there was not obstacle. The LZ was hard packed clay. I moved the Mavic to a grassy area a few feet away and it still would not land. I flew it over some tarmac, still showed a warning. By this time the battery was critically low and I started to panic a bit and didn't think to turn off downward vision and the drone plopped to the grass when the battery died. The Mavic is okay but I worry about what that did to the battery. I hope this never happens again but after reading this thread, I have a feeling that it will. Thank you for posting and I hope DJI corrects this.
2016-12-30
Use props
fansd069a4f5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1436499 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans7ee3c5a5 Posted at 2016-12-30 11:39
I had the same thing happen to me today (12/30/2016). I put my Mavic up for a quick shot and it would not land. I got an obstacle warning but there was not obstacle. The LZ was hard packed clay. I moved the Mavic to a grassy area a few feet away and it still would not land. I flew it over some tarmac, still showed a warning. By this time the battery was critically low and I started to panic a bit and didn't think to turn off downward vision and the drone plopped to the grass when the battery died. The Mavic is okay but I worry about what that did to the battery. I hope this never happens again but after reading this thread, I have a feeling that it will. Thank you for posting and I hope DJI corrects this.

I've had several DJI drones including P2V+, P4, P4P, I1, I1Pro, I2 and now, Mavic. Mavic had its second outing today and wouldn't land. Kept trying to takeoff  into trees above. I'd lower it bit it wouldn't come lower than about 5 feet. Then it just started to climb again. I therefore hand caught it and tried left stick down, then CSC but it wouldn't stop. Eventially another version of CSC seemed to initiate a power down but not until after I'd spent an few minutes holding my very angry Mavic against its will. Time to take another look at the manual...
2017-3-6
Use props
fans273dbb88
New
Singapore

I have the same issue... landing becomes a problem as I try to land the mavic it will swing to the right.... is there any fix?
2017-4-29
Use props
peppeventura
New
Brazil

Hello, Brayden! Did you get a way to fix that? I've had the same problem. My auto land stop working, i always receive the same alerta "Not suitable for land". Thanks, Peppe
2017-5-21
Use props
peppeventura
New
Brazil

Hey! I've had the same problem. Did you see if that was fixed? Thanks.
2017-5-21
Use props
peppeventura
New
Brazil

WilliamDJI Posted at 2016-12-24 09:41
I have this exact same tissue - and this must be my 10th DJI product this year and my second Mavic.

Hey, William

Did you find a way to fix that?

Thanks a million
2017-5-21
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303219 ft
United States

fansc6dfd741 Posted at 2016-11-15 16:22
There is nothing on the bottom sensors.

I even cleaned them with a Polar Pro lens pen that I have just in case and had the same issue.

You say you cleaned it with a lens pen?  The ones that use carbon?

This may also be an issue. You see, the way the pens works is it uses carbon molecules.  These carbon molecules cover the surface sometimes of what you are trying to clean.  You can actually see the carbon sometimes when you clean a DSLR lens and do not do it properly.  This is also the reason why people wipe their windows on cars with newspaper.  The printing ink is also made with a carbon compound.  Anyone who has ever used newspaper knows what happens sometimes, the window takes the carbon and you can cleary see it.

I am not saying this is your case in particular, but be careful and double check those sensors and clean them with normal damp cloth.  Maybe some carbon is smeared on them and causing issues for those sensors.  They are very sensitive.  I can see a thin carbon film casuing these issues.  Carbon is dark and shows up in pictures as dark spots.  So, it is plausible they are causing a similar effect and making the drone think it's not safe to land or something.
2017-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules