Price drop on Inspire 1 cameras, etc ???
1607 7 2016-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solarscar
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Being that a $3000 drone has tons of new and better capabilities along with a camera that smokes even the aftermarket ones for the inspire 1, I would assume a large price drop.

It would be ridiculous to buy an inspire 1 at 2000 dollars then spend 1000 on a better camera and the whole system would not be as good all around then the new inspire 2

The features are nice on the inspire 2, but not enough for me to jump to it. I would like to purchase inspire 1 accessories at a big price reduction.

Is this going to happen? I know they are wanting us to say not worth it, just spend 1000 more on a more advanced system. I don't want to do that right now.

2016-11-15
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Would be nice to get some upgraded batteries with longer duration for the Inspire1 -

DJI don't forget about the Inspire 1 owners who were at the forefront of this from the early stages, keep up the support.

2016-11-17
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

They will certainly keep providing batteries, X3 and X5/R cams - but I wouldn't bet the farm on anything new or improved for the I1.
Doing so would rob sales of the new platform at a significantly reduced margin.

Time to pick up a spare 2nd hand Inspire 1 from one of the 'Must have it NOW!!!' set - still an excellent ship.
2016-11-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with you, being a long time DJI investor I'm not spending 5800 dollars on a quad that within a years time will be replaced with a cheaper quad with the same camera specs and more features . I'm now sitting on an inspire 1 pro with the x-5 that will very soon be outperformed by a 1400 dollar phantom 4 pro. I paid 4300 hundred for the inspire pro 6 months ago and now I dought I could get 200 grand for it
2016-11-17
Use props
Powerguy50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1234 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I assume its safe to say there will be no new accessories for the I1 going forward. No X4 for the I1 or any other camera's that will work. We should all just buy a 4 Pro to get a better camera, longer flight times, and avoidance software.
2016-11-18
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yah our Inspire 1's are like used cars and will not get much love from DJI moving forward. The new shinny models will get all of the attention.

Most of us bought the Inspire 1 V1 or V2 before they dropped to the current price, so we got the double hose job

Still love the way the Inspire 1 flies .... its a keeper.

PS  the Inspire 2 at $3K doesn't come with a camera:
X4S USD $3,598.00
X5S USD $4,898.00

Rich
2016-11-18
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

My Inspire 1 V1 is a keeper, too. Having invested in the X5, X5R and the XT (just released in Europe not a handful of weeks before the Inspire 2 release), I will not buy the Inspire 2 anytime soon. I got too much money in the cameras, and they are not transferable to the Inspire 2.

I understand DJI needs and wants to more forward, but in my humble opinion, they should have made the Inspire 2 compatible with the X5/X5R/XT. I understand that it would have made life more difficult for DJI (hardware/software and support), but it would have encouraged people to upgrade the drone itself. The higher end cameras are more expensive than the drone itself . Also, it would have left fewer loyal customers feeling kicked in sensitive body areas.
2016-11-21
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Rob W Posted at 2016-11-21 06:18
My Inspire 1 V1 is a keeper, too. Having invested in the X5, X5R and the XT (just released in Europe ...

Yeah, I dont like gettin kicked in sensitive areas .......that hurts enough all on it's  own .

donnie
2016-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules