5233 16 2016-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andy Sayle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3358875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I thinkI can tell from some of the images of the new Inspire 2, but is the camera mounting interface completely different to that of the Inspire Pro?  The reason I ask, is that I am wondering if the x5 camera from my Inspire Pro, will be usable on the Inspire 2?  Is there any intention to release an adapter to allow it to fit?
I'd really like the Inpsire 2, mainly for the pilots FPV view, and longer flight times.

Andy
2016-11-15
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Completely different cameras systems, Inspire 2 has the processing onboard the craft, X4S and X5S are for the I2 only, different connection as well.

the Older X series of cameras will not fit the I2 either
2016-11-15
Use props
DroneDelegation
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37789 ft
United States

That pisses me off beyond belief.
2016-11-28
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

DJI have moved on from the Inspire 1 and Zenmuse X3/5/5R/XT mount.
Not great news for many people who are heavily invested, but there it is.

They have even forked the DJI GO app, with a different/new version that doesn't support the I1 anymore.
Things change - very quickly in this industry!
2016-11-28
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

One can still do great work using the I1 platform and for quite awhile as well.
2016-11-28
Use props
Cornscot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 701207 ft
United Kingdom

DroneDelegation Posted at 2016-11-29 04:24

Yep, me too!
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-11-29 14:10
One can still do great work using the I1 platform and for quite awhile as well.

Agreed 100%, I really don't understand when a new aircraft is introduced some think their current one is useless and cannot work with it anymore.
What makes it useless, it's the same thing they've been getting paid to use since they first were working with it.
It's not like your clients are going to say they will not hire you anymore because there's a new version and you must use that.It's still the same aircraft that when you purchased it you were perfectly happy with it.
2016-12-14
Use props
ROGAT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62064 ft
Australia

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-1-19
Use props
fansc9df774f
lvl.2
  • >>>
Iran

I'm not sure , but there is a mount for z30 camera to mount on m210 , maybe it can fit on inspire 2 as well, so expensive to test
2017-11-29
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DroneDelegation Posted at 2016-11-28 20:24

That pii**es you off, try buying the inspire 2 which has all the cinecore and precessing inside and then they release a new camera + lens cost more than the drone itself... they are charging a fortune for a gimbal and sensor... not to mention the lens cost more than a Sony Batis 18mm... man oh man.. we need some competition for dji otherwise this will always happen..
2017-11-29
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

try buying a inspire 2 with all the cinecore processing inside it and thinking hey i now own the cinecore hopefully the cameras wont be that much.....then we get a camera and lens release that is more than the drone itself, charging so much for a sensor and gimbal. we need some competition for dji so the prices dont go through the roof.
The camera well gimbal and sensor is more than a sony a7r3... aghhhh
It is the most expensive lens I have ever purchased... its more than a Sony Batis 18mm... agghhhh

2017-11-29
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

At least the I1 camera owners have an Osmo to use should the bird wad up.  Nothing like that for the I2 owners, even with the expensive X7 either so the I1 owners still have one nice feature.

I agree with the X7 being over-priced compared to any other APS-C camera out there given the camera has much of the electronics within the I2 itself, maybe 3-4 times more than many other APS-C cameras according to DxOmark:  https://www.dxomark.com/cameras/ ... t&yDataType=rankDxo

Hopefully, the X8 will offer an Osmo setup once the imaging electronics and licensing go back into the camera body.  Probably full-frame by then too...maybe.
2017-11-29
Use props
fansaf26b13a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95886 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-14 08:49
Agreed 100%, I really don't understand when a new aircraft is introduced some think their current one is useless and cannot work with it anymore.
What makes it useless, it's the same thing they've been getting paid to use since they first were working with it.
It's not like your clients are going to say they will not hire you anymore because there's a new version and you must use that.It's still the same aircraft that when you purchased it you were perfectly happy with it.

typical industies that just want you to buy new equipment (overpriced equipment ) and then tell you where to fly and thnif your bird drops out of sky because you wondered into a NFZ or questionable are they say to bad buy a new one.........
2018-3-11
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can retrofit an FPV camera on the nose of the i1 making it a little more like the 2. yes the 2 is more powerful and more sophistcated, but it seems to me that it has it's share of issues also. I'm dealing with intermittent issues with my 1 that I have well over $3500 invested in, with similar occurrences in the 2 would be ready to shoot someone after getting myself likely over $7000 in the hole
2018-3-12
Use props
Advocate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1076909 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Skyris Posted at 2017-11-29 13:53
try buying a inspire 2 with all the cinecore processing inside it and thinking hey i now own the cinecore hopefully the cameras wont be that much.....then we get a camera and lens release that is more than the drone itself, charging so much for a sensor and gimbal. we need some competition for dji so the prices dont go through the roof.
The camera well gimbal and sensor is more than a sony a7r3... aghhhh
It is the most expensive lens I have ever purchased... its more than a Sony Batis 18mm... agghhhh

I think we'll see the benefit of the electronics being moved onto the craft once we get past the I2 and onto the I3 etc.  Imagine being able to take your sensor and lenses with you AND get an update for the electronics, just by buying a new craft!

If I could afford the I2 with an X5s I'd upgrade in a heartbeat.
2018-5-7
Use props
Advocate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1076909 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mixchief Posted at 2018-3-12 09:02
You can retrofit an FPV camera on the nose of the i1 making it a little more like the 2. yes the 2 is more powerful and more sophistcated, but it seems to me that it has it's share of issues also. I'm dealing with intermittent issues with my 1 that I have well over $3500 invested in, with similar occurrences in the 2 would be ready to shoot someone after getting myself likely over $7000 in the hole

Any idea how difficult it is to fit an FPV camera to the I1 as a DIY job?  Is it something I could attempt at home?
2018-5-7
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>

Advocate Posted at 2018-5-7 15:09
Any idea how difficult it is to fit an FPV camera to the I1 as a DIY job?  Is it something I could attempt at home?

I haven't done it myself , but there are a few YT videos on the subject, it looks doable, I might take the plunge, but first I want to get better more reliable antennas, then I'll tackle the fpv camera and end up with a more reliable Inspire 2 wannabe LOL
2018-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules