Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 FAQ
3911 36 2016-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GabeZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

I thought I would kick this off by creating a FAQ thread.  Not only will it help build excitement, but it will clarify many questions.  Here are few basic ones to start:

1.  What colors does it come in?  The preview shows more of a silver.

2.  There appears to be a circular sensor in front of the infrared sensors on top of the aircraft.  Is that a different sensor, or do all three work together?

3.  Will it fly with a single battery, or are two required?

4.  Will any of the Inspire 1 camera's fit, or is it required to have the new camera's under accessories?

5.  Which carriers support the 4G LTE feature?

6.  It seems like the controller still needs a stronger GPS.  Will the GPS accessory be necessary to achieve basic functions like follow me?

7.  Do you have to insert the battery inside the aircraft to check its battery level?

**Mods, Please move this to Inspire 2 section when it becomes available**

2016-11-15
Use props
DJI LA Support
Captain

United States

Just the metallic gray for now.

2.  There appears to be a circular sensor in front of the infrared sensors on top of the aircraft.  Is that a different sensor, or do all three work together?

Maybe you're looking at the battery release button?

3.  Will it fly with a single battery, or are two required?

2 are required, but in case of catastrophic failure, 1 will be enough for an emergency landing.

4.  Will any of the Inspire 1 camera's fit, or is it required to have the new camera's under accessories?

Totally new camera system.

I don't know this information just yet. Sorry. I know there was one carrier already with a drone plan, but I don't remember which.

6.  It seems like the controller still needs a stronger GPS.  Will the GPS accessory be necessary to achieve basic functions like follow me?

No

7.  Do you have to insert the battery inside the aircraft to check its battery level?

Each individual battery has the normal indicator lights!
2016-11-15
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
United States

Thanks DJI LA.  Very quick answers indeed.  I'll have more questions shortly
2016-11-15
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI LA Support Posted at 2016-11-15 20:43

Just the metallic gray for no ...

One of your answers was a little cloudy to me, can you use the inspire 1 x3 or x5 on the inspire 2?
2016-11-16
Use props
Barney2k
lvl.4
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-11-16 12:15
One of your answers was a little cloudy to me, can you use the inspire 1 x3 or x5 on the inspire 2 ...

No this has been answered in another thread.

The mounts are completely different - only the X5S and X4S can be used on the Inspire 2.

Probably because they're the only ones that support the new processing unit.

The new cameras aren't cheap either so keep that in mind!
2016-11-16
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

DJI LA Support Posted at 2016-11-15 19:43

Does the Inspire  2 come with a standard camera or  a-La-Carte .

Donnie
2016-11-16
Use props
Barney2k
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-16 12:48
Does the Inspire  2 come with a standard camera or  a-La-Carte .

Donnie

The standard package doesn't include a camera.

You'll have to buy the X4S or X5S separately depending on your needs.
2016-11-16
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Barney2k Posted at 2016-11-16 07:47
The standard package doesn't include a camera.

You'll have to buy the X4S or X5S separately depen ...

Thanks Barney , that is a pretty steep price if you ask me .  I will have  this in my future but only after things settle down a bit .

donnie
2016-11-16
Use props
rj74
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-16 15:03
Thanks Barney , that is a pretty steep price if you ask me .  I will have  this in my future but o ...

By which time Inspire 3 will be released with a whole new improved camera design with a whole new mount. No compatibility folks!
2016-11-16
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
United States

I have an all new set of questions:

1.  Will the accessories be added for hand catching or guiding the aircraft? (similar to your demonstrations)

2.  For the FPV camera, it was mentioned that it had 2 degrees of motion, but it looks to only have one (vertical).  Does it indeed pan as well?

3.  For one of the public demonstrations, a controller with a built in display was shown.  But I don't see in currently available in your accessories list.  Will this be available in the US?

4.  For the controller with the built in display, what OS is it running?  Is it proprietary to DJI, or is running something more native like Android?

5.  What is the screen size of the controller with the built in display?

6.  Will there be larger capacity batteries, or is 27 minute dual configurations be the only option?

7.  Per the demonstration, the FPV display, map display, and video display all showed on the screen at once.  Is this natively possible, or do you have to toggle between two?

8.  On the Phantom 4 Pro, there is side to side infrared sensors for collision avoidance.  Is the Inspire 2 absent of these sensors?
2016-11-16
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
United States

Mods, any chance of moving this back to Inspire 2 section.... it was there and then it moved again.... not sure why.
2016-11-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

GabeZ Posted at 2016-11-17 10:21
I have an all new set of questions:

1.  Will the accessories be added for hand catching or guiding  ...

1.  Will the accessories be added for hand catching or guiding the aircraft? (similar to your demonstrations)
I'm pretty sure DJI does not want you hand catching the Inspire so I wouldn't think they would offer that
2.  For the FPV camera, it was mentioned that it had 2 degrees of motion, but it looks to only have one (vertical).  Does it indeed pan as well?
The 2 axis gimbal allows the fpv camera to stabilize both tilt and roll. Tilt will have a fixed attitude whereas roll will follow the craft's roll (only stabilizing vibrations and movements that interfere with flight). It will not yaw.
3.  For one of the public demonstrations, a controller with a built in display was shown.  But I don't see in currently available in your accessories list.  Will this be available in the US?
Will have to get back to you on that one
4.  For the controller with the built in display, what OS is it running?  Is it proprietary to DJI, or is running something more native like Android?
The P4 Pro+ ha a monitor built in and it's uses Android
5.  What is the screen size of the controller with the built in display?
The P4Pro is 5", I have not seen one on the Inspire, again will have to inquire about that.

6.  Will there be larger capacity batteries, or is 27 minute dual configurations be the only option?
Do not know if larger batteries will be offered down the road
7.  Per the demonstration, the FPV display, map display, and video display all showed on the screen at once.  Is this natively possible, or do you have to toggle between two?
Again, I do not know
8.  On the Phantom 4 Pro, there is side to side infrared sensors for collision avoidance.  Is the Inspire 2 absent of these sensors?Yes it is.
2016-11-16
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
United States

So none of this then?  I saw many instances of this in the demonstrations of both videos DJI endorsed and demonstrated.
Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG
2016-11-16
Use props
snath
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-16 19:23
1.  Will the accessories be added for hand catching or guiding the aircraft? (similar to your demon ...

Question for DJI-Ken:

When will we need to buy the Inspire 2 - CINESSD (120G/480G)?

If we buy the camera (Zenmuse X4S), will the microSD card work or do we need to buy the CINESSD to support capturing the video/images? Where will the video/image be stored if the CINESSD is not purchased

Is the microSD card for the FPV camera only? Does the Aircraft have 2 slots?

Lastly is the FPV camera part of the Aircraft?

Sorry a bit confusing

Thanks
2016-11-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

GabeZ Posted at 2016-11-17 12:10
So none of this then?  I saw many instances of this in the demonstrations of both videos DJI endorse ...

That was possibly all custom made, But don't worry as their will be companies out there making hand holds.
2016-11-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

snath Posted at 2016-11-17 13:18
Question for DJI-Ken:

When will we need to buy the Inspire 2 - CINESSD (120G/480G)?

Yes you can record onto the SD card ( lower resolution, bitrate) so you don't need the SSD unless you require the high bitrate.

The Micro SD is for the main camera, the FPV camera cannot record. And yes, the SSD and SD are in the aircraft.

Yes, the FPV camera is attached to the aircraft,
2016-11-17
Use props
fansf70c4325
lvl.1
Flight distance : 901506 ft
United States

As for the handholds... I believe those in the picture are actually the brackets they used to fixmount the inspire 2 when filming their "short film" there are other pics and video of them using those brackets with the inspire mounted to the side of a car similar to how some use the osmo...lol
2016-11-17
Use props
fansf70c4325
lvl.1
Flight distance : 901506 ft
United States

But yea... they use the hand holds a ton here...
https://youtu.be/7IFRuz9qM-g
The poor guy catching and releasing is wearing gloves and a helmet the whole time too...lol

They also have a couple scenes with the inspire attached to pullies
2016-11-17
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
United States

I have another question!  Because the batteries have heating elements on them, what happens on a hot summer day?  Will the batteries get even hotter, or do you have the ability to turn off the heating elements via the app.  Does the aircraft intelligently manage these since the go app typically knows the temperature of the batteries?  Also, if you can turn of the heating elements, or they are intelligently managed, how is the battery life in cold weather as opposed to warm weather?  I suspect those heating elements draw a certain percentage of power.
2016-11-17
Use props
DJI-ZT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 411411 ft
Hong Kong

GabeZ Posted at 2016-11-18 10:43
I have another question!  Because the batteries have heating elements on them, what happens on a hot ...

The battery will heat itself automatically  if the cell temperature is lower than 15 degree celsius after powering on the inspire2. and keep the temperature between 15-20 by adjusting the heating power. if the battery temperature is higher than 20.  the heat element will stop heating. so don't worry about summer.

and also you can warm up the battery manually by pressing the battery button for 3 second. without the need to insert the battery into inspire2, for preparation.
2016-11-18
Use props
DJI-ZT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 411411 ft
Hong Kong

GabeZ Posted at 2016-11-18 10:43
I have another question!  Because the batteries have heating elements on them, what happens on a hot ...

the heating element draw 70W power for each battery. 5C/minute warming rate. if warm from -20C, need 7 minutes to 15C. and consumption about 8.2Wh energy(about 9% capacity).
The flying performance will be similar to fly in warm weather.
2016-11-18
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
United States

Really great answers from DJI.  Thanks for the quick responses.  As I cook up more questions, I have already preordered mine.  One thing I did have a question about is the possibility of using Inspire 1 controllers.  I understand that the new ones add the dual video link as well as improved GPS.  It might be wishful thinking, but any chance of making use of Inspire 1 controllers?
2016-11-18
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-17 15:42
Yes you can record onto the SD card ( lower resolution, bitrate) so you don't need the SSD unless  ...

Please can you confirm that 4K H.264 and H.265 at 100mbps (all frame rates) can be recorded on micro SD cards with both cameras?

Thanks.
2016-11-19
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-17 15:42
Yes you can record onto the SD card ( lower resolution, bitrate) so you don't need the SSD unless  ...

Please can you confirm that 4K H.264 and H.265 at 100mbps (all frame rates) can be recorded on micro SD cards with both cameras?
2016-11-19
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
United States

DJI, any answers to the latest questions?
2016-11-24
Use props
fansafe0f622
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14255190 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anymore info on projected ship dates .  . December (pre-orders) is kinda broad.  Two weeks later and no more info . . . I certainly can't be the only pre-order wondering.  I'm glad you've had my money for two weeks, but I'd be more glad to have an estimated ship date ;)
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

GabeZ Posted at 2016-11-19 13:12
Really great answers from DJI.  Thanks for the quick responses.  As I cook up more questions, I have ...

Hi GabeZ, they are not exchangeable because of the different transmission protocols.
It will not link to the aircraft, so it's impossible to use Inspire 1 controller.
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

JerryLaurence Posted at 2016-11-19 16:41
Please can you confirm that 4K H.264 and H.265 at 100mbps (all frame rates) can be recorded on mic ...

Yes, that can be recorded on micro SD card with both cameras.
2016-11-29
Use props
fans694dfe25
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does inspire 2 use lightbridge 2?? Can it connect to a lightbridge 2 basestation for a director screen?
2016-11-29
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
United States

Does DJI have any size comparison photos showing the difference between the Inspire 1 and 2?  I saw a brief YouTube video that showed it, but I think it would really help buyer choice.  For example, I drive a sports car and my Inspire 1 case barely fits in the trunk.  However, it's only recently that discovered how much bigger the Inspire 2 really is.  I'm visual.... what can I say?
2016-11-29
Use props
edaniels
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3436519 ft
United States

DJI LA Support Posted at 2016-11-15 20:43

Absolutely unreal that the Inspire 2 does not support any of the Inspire 1 cameras.  I have an Inspire Pro Black with the X5 gimbal.  I have upgrade 25mm and a 45mm lenses as well as a brand new  Z3.  I think DJI MUST COME UP WITH A FIRMWARE UPDATE TO SUPPORT THESE CAMERAS.  I would definately be interested in an Inspire 2 but not at the cost of having to scrap all my camera equipment.
2016-12-1
Use props
055Inspire2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2176499 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Is the shipprocess started for the Inspire2? And is it also started for the Inspire2 without Combo?
2016-12-7
Use props
fans8d0fbd82
lvl.1

United Kingdom

In response to edaniels, I suppose it is a bit surprising that the Inspire 2 is not backwards compatible with the Inspire 1 cameras, but then the whole point of moving up to an Inspire 2 is to improve on what you had before surely. The Zenmuse cameras that are compatible with the Inspire 2are far superior and to use anything else would be doing the whole setup a disservice in my opinion.
2017-11-28
Use props
erickgraphs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1430236 ft
Dominican Republic

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-17 07:42
Yes you can record onto the SD card ( lower resolution, bitrate) so you don't need the SSD unless you require the high bitrate.

The Micro SD is for the main camera, the FPV camera cannot record. And yes, the SSD and SD are in the aircraft.

a question...
If I install the ssd system with the x4s can I get better image quality?
2017-11-28
Use props
fans12078c8e
lvl.1
Spain

https://easywayaerial.com/blog
2018-3-3
Use props
fans12078c8e
lvl.1
Spain

good drone for video and movies
2018-3-3
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Number 5 of the original Q&A:

Does anybody have information on how 4G LTE support works with the Inspire 2? Obviously there are unlimited plans now, but how does the actual connectivity work? It's my understanding there is a USB dongle that presumably has SIM Card port that connects to your 4G LTE smart device navigating the Inspire. Hence, a phone call from the Inspire to your smart device that would provide longer range and better image transmission, correct?

I ask this question because there's much speculation that an upcoming drone, planning to be introduced by DJI at their July 18th launch event, may be possibly a Mavic Pro II equipped with this same or similar type 4G LTE technology, and therefore inquiring minds want to know?
2018-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules