3149 15 2016-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey - We received a review model of  Phantom 4 Pro to Review and I put togther some basics in this article:

Also, here is the basic unboxing and comparison to regular P4.

2016-11-15
Use props
Sam999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20856 ft
Greece

thanks....
2016-11-15
Use props
fansafeb4016
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

How did you get yours when this product was released yesterday.
2016-11-16
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansafeb4016 Posted at 2016-11-16 20:41
How did you get yours when this product was released yesterday.

They're a company, they got a unit to review.
2016-11-16
Use props
Sky Mike
lvl.3
Flight distance : 357503 ft
United Kingdom

You keep propping the camera up as if your trying to get it to stay where it is
2016-11-16
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1606201 ft
United States

Are you able to fly it indoors and if so how stable is it and what mode settings would be the best to use?
2016-11-17
Use props
fansbda0f61d
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sky Mike Posted at 2016-11-16 23:26
You keep propping the camera up as if your trying to get it to stay where it is

He keeps grapping the camera because the camera is not looking him in the eye when he's speaking. Lol
2016-11-19
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

fans6bd3057e Posted at 2016-11-17 13:53
Are you able to fly it indoors and if so how stable is it and what mode settings would be the best t ...

I'm sorry but why on earth would anyone want exactly THIS camera to fly indoors ??  I mean there are other drones much more suited to indoor flying and at a much lower cost.
The phantom is a great camera in the first place and it happens to be able to fly too. But why spend money on features as a range of 7 km's, sophisticated GPS-functions etc when you're never going to use them ?
2016-11-26
Use props
robble
lvl.2

United States

PhanFran Posted at 2016-11-26 12:35
I'm sorry but why on earth would anyone want exactly THIS camera to fly indoors ??  I mean there a ...

Do you really think someone asking how it does indoors means they'll never take it outside?

wow.
2016-11-26
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

drones are used indoors all the time. real estate, movies, tv commercials, when its raining outside and /or you are too lazy to go outside.. :p I mean lots and lots of reasons....

i mean, cats buy cars that do upwards or 200+ for on-road /daily driving yet the speed limits here in the US dont allow one to legally go 200MPH on the roadways, yet people still purchase such cars.

don't have such a narrominded view of a product's potential....
2016-11-26
Use props
gvgeorge
lvl.2
United States

PhanFran Posted at 2016-11-26 15:35
I'm sorry but why on earth would anyone want exactly THIS camera to fly indoors ??  I mean there a ...

No need to feel sorry, that's a reasonable question albeit based on limited experience.

A flyer might want high res shots from near the peak of the equipment shed. I won't , but he or she might.

Multiply that by many thousands of what ifs and we will understand the value of flexbility.
2016-11-26
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

marctronixx Posted at 2016-11-27 01:38
drones are used indoors all the time. real estate, movies, tv commercials, when its raining outside  ...

Hehe, what a simple question can provoke :-)

I guess you guys didn't remark the emphasis on the word 'THIS' which was in capitals for a reason. The point is that, with the lack of upward sensors which would be incredibly useful for indoor flying, THIS camera is very expensive and still not the best for indoor flying.
But hey, this is a free world, if you want to take a swim in your bathtub, be my guest , by all means !
2016-11-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

PhanFran Posted at 2016-11-27 09:35

"I'm sorry but why on earth would anyone want exactly THIS camera to fly indoors ??"

For some photographers, probably because of the camera.
If you were wanting to produce quality results in a cave, a cathedral or lots of other enclosed spaces you wouldn't want to waste your efforts on a lesser camera.
This model offers the very best camera available in a compact ready-to-fly drone.
Your much cheaper drones much better suited to indoor flying just aren't going to cut it for photographers.
2016-11-27
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I didn't fly it inside - but my assumption is that between the VPS, the computer vision and the new infrared side OA, it would be the best DJI craft for this purpose.
Customers are starting to receive them now so there should be some indoor examples soon.
2016-11-27
Use props
MaxDroner
lvl.1
United States

Problem for P4P indoors is lack of upwards avoidance (which I2 has now).  But I agree it is better than any other drone due to the 5 way detection it does have.
2016-11-27
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1606201 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2016-11-27 19:11
"I'm sorry but why on earth would anyone want exactly THIS camera to fly indoors ??"

For some pho ...

Thanks for your comment and understanding on why someone may want to fly a drone with a superior lens indoors as compared to flying a mavic or other smaller drones that may be easier to fly indoors. Kinda like asking a large format photographer "why would you waste the time to work with sheet film when you can easily use a less expensive digital camera." Been a photographer and film maker for decades always looking to get the most out of any equipment I have on location, if I have a drone with good optics like the phantom 4 pro I will surely put the questions forward to someone that may have had the experience of flying it indoors.
I have flown the Phantom 4 indoors as a test and yes it can be done but it takes a lot of concentration and skill and is fairly difficult and the lighting has to be perfect and you have to be dead on the settings and a knowledge of what your limits are. I had hoped maybe the gentleman I put the question to had some experience flying the 4 pro indoors so he could give me some advice. I no doubt will have success with flying the 4 pro indoors and out , I was just hoping to get some pointers from someone who may have already tested the indoor limits that one may be up against with a 4 pro. Always looking to get the best value and usage out of any equipment I own and I looking forward to using the phantom 4 pro both indoors and out. If anyone out there gets a phantom 4 before I get the one I ordered on the 15th and flie it indoors please let me know how it went , if not I will surely on a rainy day where I cannot fiy outside I will test with caution the pahtom 4 pro and see how it flies and films  indoors.
2016-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules