o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-19 13:52
Aloha Bullflyer,

Patience my high flyer Bull.  As DJI continues down it development path, yo ...

Not correct, the GL300F has the 5.5 tablet built into the RC and it is not removable.
The CrystalSky tablets will not work on the P4 Pro+.
They are a stand alone tablet and used in the P4 Pro, Mavic, Inspire.
2016-11-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-19 14:00
Aloha Ken,

Can you confirm what I said in post #39?  

Question answered, and it is post 41, not 39
2016-11-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-18 21:25
Question answered, and it is post 41, not 39

Aloha Ken,

Oops, if you look again, I was writing about the P4P, not the P4P+, so you are actually agreeing with me.  I think I need to start spelling out the "+" (plus) because the "+" is not noticeable enough.  Thor missed it once to.  We got to cut you guys some slack, DJI is working you guys too hard.  

I like the way you write it "P4P" and "P4 Pro+" but to be clear and avoid confusion, maybe "P4 Pro Plus" (at least I will).  You might suggest something like this for DJI to because it does cause a lot of confusion.  If the DJI Team wrote the name the same way, it would really help with consistency and avoid some of the confusion.  If you look at my posts for the last two days, I have been trying to explain the inconsistencies for half of the posts.

Also:

"Not correct, the GL300F has the 5.5 tablet built into the RC and it is not removable."

The P4 Pro SPECs say about the Remote Controller;

Video Output Port                  GL300E: HDMI,USB
                                           GL300F: USB
Mobile Device Holder             GL300E:Built-in display device (5.5 inch screen, 1920×1080,
                                                      1000 cd/m2, Android system, 4G RAM+16G ROM)
                                           GL300F:Tablets and smart phones

I have seen it written both ways, like you wrote it and like the SPECs say.  If the SPECs are wrong, it really needs to be corrected ASAP.

Hey, with all the new introductions, I am going cross-eyed!  But, right-on for DJI!  I love it!  These are all great.  It just makes it hard to figure out what is what.  But, I will keep trying because it is worth it by a long shot!

Aloha and Drone On!
PS: Apparently, the number displayed for post listings while I was writing my post was later changed because two posts were made while I was writing.  I checked it at the time, but I am sure, like you said, it is the later number.  Oops, we are both wrong.  On the previous page it is listed as #43.  Now, look at this post number?
2016-11-19
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-19 09:36
Aloha Ken,

Oops, if you look again, I was writing about the P4P, not the P4P+, so you are act ...

The only video output port on the GL300F, is an USB ?
We'll need to convert USB into HDMI
2016-11-19
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bullflyer Posted at 2016-11-19 06:07

Aloha Bullflyer,

This is where it gets interesting.  The screen on the GL300E is too thin to put in the HDMI socket like the CrystalSky 5.5" display will have.  So DJI put an HDMI module like you can get for your P3P, P3A or P4 remote controller and put it on the P4 Pro remote controller (GL300F) and turned it into the GL300E remote controller.  (You can look at the pictures of the controller in the DJI Store.)  This allows the non-removable screen of the P4 Pro+ (plus) to have HDMI.

So, if you choose to buy the P4 Pro with the GL300F (without the built-in screen), you should be able to also buy an HDMI module and install it on your P4 Pro remote controller.  This will allow you to use your tablet with the P4 Pro and have HDMI goggles or a second display (monitor).  Best to check with DJI in a week or two though.  Things are really busy right now with so many new introductions (over 5 new products!).

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Bullflyer Posted at 2016-11-20 00:07

Yes, if you want HDMI out on the GL300F you need to purchase and install a HDMI module.
2016-11-19
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-17 19:44
Aloha 007,

Thor's answer was correct in both cases if you look at the DJI web site (sorry tr ...

Hi do you or does anyone know if the crystal sky monitor will fit in the mavic display holder as the crystal sky monitor looks fat and i have a hard enough time fitting the i phone 6 with the thinnest case into the mavic rc.
I realize it states its compatible but as a side monitor? just not attached....
2016-11-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Visual Air Posted at 2016-11-20 17:52
Hi do you or does anyone know if the crystal sky monitor will fit in the mavic display holder as t ...

Aloha Vis,

You and I are in the same boat.  We have surmised as best we could.  However, the 5.5" CrystalSky display is way smaller than the promotions would leave you to believe - at least that is my opinion.  The 7.85" version is hardly imaged at all.  The photo I have posted is the only one I could find.

DJI is normally good to their word, so I would think that if it comes out and may not work, they will offer a fix.  At least I hope so!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-20
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481988 ft
Australia

Sorry if i missed this answer to the OP's question, but it is still not clear to me; Will we be able to install 3rd party apps such as litchi on these DJI monitors seeing as they are running android?
2016-11-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

C_LUU Posted at 2016-11-20 20:10
Sorry if i missed this answer to the OP's question, but it is still not clear to me; Will we be able ...

Aloha LUU,

The P4 Pro will have two remote controllers.  One with a built in screen (GL300E) and one without a built in screen (GL300F) and very much like the current P4 remote controller.  Therefore, you should be able to run your third party software with your current device on a GL300F Remote Controller.  This is a minimum.

Now, on the other hand, DJI has gone to extensive effort to strip the Android Operating System's open source software of problem causing functions so that the new CrystalSky displays will operate seamlessly with DJI products.  This very well invested effort may preclude certain levels of third party software from operating with the CrystalSky display.  Functionally, though, the Android operating system in the CrystalSky displays should still be able to operate as seen previously with other displays and handle third party software.  This has yet to be determined, but be prepared for it.  However, you still have the GL300F Remote Controller option mentioned above.

Honestly, it is really too early to tell what will end up on our plates as DJI chefs work hard in the kitchen.  But, whether it is in a kitchen or an electronics laboratory, the marketing principles are still the same - give the customer what they want if you possibly can.  Sometimes it is not possible, sometimes it is possible and as you well know DJI proposes the Future of Possible.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-21
Use props
Revs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73514 ft
United Kingdom

I'm wondering what panel type is used. Is it NT, IPS, OLED?
2016-11-21
Use props
XoR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94738 ft
Romania

Revs Posted at 2016-11-21 19:09

Probably an IPS as TN have lower brightness with lower response time and OLED it's quite expensive. It will be nice to have OLED though .
2016-11-22
Use props
RolandM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29902 ft

In this video is has been stated that on the P4P+ built-in screen you can install 3rd party apps e.g. Litchi - I'm not sure if we can thrust him?
2016-11-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

RolandM Posted at 2016-11-23 01:24
In this video is has been stated that on the P4P+ built-in screen you can install 3rd party apps e.g ...

Yes, you can trust him.
But as DJI has not yet made any SDK available for the P4 pro, there is no compatible version of Litchi yet.
Hasn't that been said already in this thread?
It's all over forum posts about this issue.
2016-11-22
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

Revs Posted at 2016-11-21 09:09

CrystalSky specs

Perhaps they just added that, but the first line says IPS.  So it'll consume some serious power when it's at max brightness!
2016-11-22
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

RolandM Posted at 2016-11-22 06:24
In this video is has been stated that on the P4P+ built-in screen you can install 3rd party apps e.g ...

Yea I heard him say that, also.  I, too, questioned that hahaha.

DJI-Ken stated that the on-board USB (not micro USB used for updating) can be used to plug in another device like an iPad.  Then the built-in display gets overridden by the iPad (which could have Litchi installed onto it).  

We'll know soon enough!   
2016-11-22
Use props
Revs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73514 ft
United Kingdom

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-11-22 15:57
CrystalSky specs

Perhaps they just added that, but the first line says IPS.  So it'll consume som ...

Cheers buddy. If it was there I missed it...
2016-11-23
Use props
fansce3b84f6
lvl.1
United States

Does the built-in display connect with a cable run up through the bracket, similar to adding a device but with an integrated connection? Or does it receive the signal directly from the aircraft similar to how the goggles have been advertised to work?
2016-11-24
Use props
Oleksiy
lvl.3
Switzerland

I ordered the P4PRO+ with an integrated display. I learned from a post in this thread that it has a WiFo connectivity to cash a map.
Can I cash a map say a day before the fight in an office or at home? How can I do it?
2016-11-24
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Does this mean that the integrated device option will be lag-free and pixelation free?  or will those issues  still be plaguing the P4P, even with the integrated device?

I guess we will know as soon as the first beta testers start posting here.
2016-11-24
Use props
fans69eac72c
New
Flight distance : 147772 ft
Brazil

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-19 16:49
Aloha Bullflyer,

This is where it gets interesting.  The screen on the GL300E is too thin to put in the HDMI socket like the CrystalSky 5.5" display will have.  So DJI put an HDMI module like you can get for your P3P, P3A or P4 remote controller and put it on the P4 Pro remote controller (GL300F) and turned it into the GL300E remote controller.  (You can look at the pictures of the controller in the DJI Store.)  This allows the non-removable screen of the P4 Pro+ (plus) to have HDMI.

I would like to put an ipad on the GL300E radio, how do I do it?
2017-1-16
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans69eac72c Posted at 2017-1-16 05:39
I would like to put an ipad on the GL300E radio, how do I do it?

Aloha fans69,

The GL300E has a built in screen but it is small (5.5").  In theory, which means it may not work, at one time, DJI said if you use a USB cable to attach an iOS or Android device to the GL300E remote controller, that it would disable the built-in screen and allow you to use the attached device instead.  At the time, this was seen as a way to use third party software with the new P4 Pro + (plus).

In your case, it would be a simple experiment.  With "DJI GO 4" already installed on your iPad, use a short (1 foot) data USB cable (Lightning Cable for iOS) and connect the iPad with the remote controller.  Start up your system and see if it works.

No one has reported back, as far as I know, on this Forum if this will work but it was what was described by DJI at one time.  Be sure the iPad is on and connected before start up the remote controller.  Good luck!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-16
Use props
fans55741af1
New

United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-1-16 13:47
Aloha fans69,

The GL300E has a built in screen but it is small (5.5").  In theory, which means it may not work, at one time, DJI said if you use a USB cable to attach an iOS or Android device to the GL300E remote controller, that it would disable the built-in screen and allow you to use the attached device instead.  At the time, this was seen as a way to use third party software with the new P4 Pro + (plus).

Has any one tried this is in possible??
2017-1-29
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans55741af1 Posted at 2017-1-29 17:44
Has any one tried this is in possible??

Aloha fans55,

No one has ever gotten back to me whether this works or not.  I do not have a P4 Pro + (plus).  I bought the P4 Pro and will wait for the 7.85" CrystalSky device/display.  Meanwhile, my Android nVidia Shield K1 provides 1080p Camera View with live feed from the P4 Pro.  It really is amazing.

BTW, if you do try this bypass to the built-in screen, be sure you try to have a device that can connect with USB-C.  This is the new format that will eventually replace HDMI.  The USB port on the P4 Pro + (plus) is a USB-C port but the port will "Step-Down" to USB 2 or USB 3 if such cables and devices are used.  You will be able to see right away that the USB port for USB-C plugs are very different, but not all of them.  We have a significant future ahead of us to see how this will turn out.  Right now it is all a mystery.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-30
Use props
fans55741af1
New

United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-1-30 01:17
Aloha fans55,

No one has ever gotten back to me whether this works or not.  I do not have a P4 Pro + (plus).  I bought the P4 Pro and will wait for the 7.85" CrystalSky device/display.  Meanwhile, my Android nVidia Shield K1 provides 1080p Camera View with live feed from the P4 Pro.  It really is amazing.

I actually just received my p4p plus in the mail today, it does not work trying to hook a controller up. It is also not a usb c port it is just a standard mini usb and a usb 2.0 port. I am having the screen glitch issues when filming 4k, the drone can be right in front of me and the screen glitches and pixalates. Do you have any problems running your android tablet and filming 4k?
2017-1-31
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans55741af1 Posted at 2017-1-31 15:54
I actually just received my p4p plus in the mail today, it does not work trying to hook a controller up. It is also not a usb c port it is just a standard mini usb and a usb 2.0 port. I am having the screen glitch issues when filming 4k, the drone can be right in front of me and the screen glitches and pixalates. Do you have any problems running your android tablet and filming 4k?

Aloha fans55,

No, the P4 Pro works very well in 4K.  I would be lost without it since I use screen captures from the 4K video for high resolution images.  Much easier than taking "snapshots" in video editing software with enough quality for most of the applications that I have.  The nVidia Shield K1 is an amazing tablet.

Have you tried any work-arounds for the greenscreen and pixelations?  Usually, you can go into the HD settings and change to Custom.  From there you can change to 5.8 GHz and reduce bitrate or keep it on 2.4 GHz to also change channels for a more stable and strong signal.  Meanwhile DJI is working feverishly trying to address some of the issues like yours being discovered.  Similar issues like yours with the P3P and P3A are almost non-existent anymore.

Unfortunately the specs do not list the USB port, but DJI has said previously (not able to find where) that the USB port is USB-C.  USB-C and USB 3 will both step down to USB 2 during the handshake.  The USB-C has a number of plug heads including the one with the power wires in a separate, side mounted head.  But USB-C also comes with a standard micro USB plug.  Even the standard micro USB plug has changed so it can be plugged in up-side-down.  (Took me a while to adjust to that!)

BTW, if your aircraft is closer than ten feet, the proximity cause interference with your live view.  You may want to try the same test but with a larger distance.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-31
Use props
tuna66
New

United States

Has anyone tried to connect a thirdparty DJI app that uses the mobile sdk while maintaining use of on-controller display/android device? I want to connect a second device to the controller to monitor flight data while i fly...but still keep the DJIGo capability.
2017-7-26
Use props
fansbb93b3b3
New
Flight distance : 348199 ft
South Africa

Aloha Bullflyer,

Can you please tell me if the HDMI output is digital or analog. Thanks !
2017-9-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fansbb93b3b3 Posted at 2017-9-22 06:34
Can you please tell me if the HDMI output is digital or analog. Thanks !

Aloha fansbb93,

It is digital.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-22
Use props
fansfb219523
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54813 ft
Sweden

Aloha Bullflyer,

The latest firmware for GL300E is  a disaster
No way to download and save local maps annymore
The new map is also covered with clouds
No way to change map settings
the map download menu has been removed
The map button at the remote has been
inactivated
No way to downgrade the firmware

Örjan from Sweden

2018-4-16
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fansfb219523 Posted at 2018-4-16 09:11
The latest firmware for GL300E is  a disaster
No way to download and save local maps annymore
The new map is also covered with clouds

Aloha fansfb,

The best thing to do then is to refresh the firmware and restart the complete system.  Keep doing this until it starts working as designed.  And then do it one more time.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-16
Use props
djiuser_H3Ob4Wpexjex
New
Flight distance : 42910 ft
United States

Aloha Bullflyer,

What version of Light Bridge does the GL300E use v1 or V2?
2019-6-15
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_H3Ob4Wpexjex Posted at 6-15 12:56
What version of Light Bridge does the GL300E use v1 or V2?

Aloha H3O,

LightBridge is used with the GL300E, OcuSync is used with the V2.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules