860 3 2016-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jjphoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 640203 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thinking back through the Inspire 1 history just remember all of the issues, faults, upgrades, updates that have happened and for a lot of people the Inspire 1 is still full of problems.  I've not encountered to many issues myself but the thought of going through all of that again must make the "new and better" Inspire 2 less than attractive for a lot of users.  Can you imagine the forums once the new drone is out in the wild,  it will be here we go again.  Loss of signal, loss of transmission, fly-aways, sensor malfunctions, RTH fail, faulty batteries, less than perfect images and the list goes on.  When will it all stop ?  Here is an idea.  Qualified UAV pilots have to go through training,  in the UK you have to have CAA qualifications,  likewise in other countries.  Full size aircraft have to go through such strict safety checks before being granted license to fly and operate.  Isn't it about time UAV/Drones themselves, not just the pilots went through such strict checks before they are allowed to be sold.  Maybe if DJI got the firmware right with all the features working and safety checked in the first place there wouldn't be the need to update everything every five minutes.  Do the drones have to go through similar safety checks that full size aircraft have to go through before being allowed to be sold ?  Us qualified pilots have to.  Would't it be great if we could buy a drone and it really, really did work how it was supposed to out of the box !  No need for firmware updates. Any firmware updates should have to go through the same checks before they were allowed to be released.  It won't happen though.  I just hope & wish that DJI could get it right straight out of the box for once so that the UAV did everything it should do without the need for the constant updates.  DJI are not alone in this,  Apple do the same.   they treat us all as BETA testers and we pay a lot of money to sort out their problems.
I hope you will tell from the tone of this message that I am CAA qualified and fairly happy with my Inspire 1 Pro,  still a few issues,   I use an OSMO which has been fairly trouble free but then it's not likely to crash from the sky and I am waiting for a Mavic (not holding my breath) so like others I have bought in to the DJI world.  Such a shame that nothing from the two Inspire models is interchangeable but I suppose that's business,  big business.
Forgive the rant.

2016-11-16
Use props
Salty777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

Sounds sensible to me.....
2016-11-17
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

There will be some type of adjustment to the regulations in the USA.  As it stands now models over 55 lbs must be inspected and a special license is required .  When under this 55 lb rule it is for the most part considered a toy  ,an expensive toy , but none the less this is the classification .  I see with the ability around the corner to use Cell signals for The Inspire 2  going to open a whole new world for deliveries and thus the need for some type of regulations  and more gov. oversight  ( Yuk )

With technologies changing at such a rapid pace, these updates are inevitable , I do agree that they should have them perfected before releasing them  as some have been ridiculous and the frequency in the past has been silly .  Updates about every 4 months, but due the Due Diligence  FIRST to perfect them .

Forgive me rant also ..... and I do agree with the original Poster ( OP ) as well JJphoto,  Here- Here

donnie

2016-11-17
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

I've had pretty much the same thoughts about the I2.  For me, once bitten twice shy!
2016-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules