Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motor Failure?
4990 17 2016-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
whoisjason
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone had any issues with motors on your Mavic? I was filming kite boarders over the bay today and had a motor failure and lost my Mavic.... {:4_154:}

(This is not my video, but this is exactly what I saw before it fell to the bay)

2016-11-16
Use props
Nees
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80988 ft
Belgium

Didn't record your phones screen i guess? Might have been nice proof. Sucks.

When flying above water, attaching a buoy might sound like a good idea, just large enough to keep it floating.
2016-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft

Did you contact our tech support and send it in for evaluation?
2016-11-16
Use props
PAYBACK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623140 ft
South Africa

Seriously thinking of canning this Mavic order now. Not comfortable spending $1299 on this product anymore. If DJI Care refresh was an option it might have put my mind at easy but it is not available on in my Country.

Forum is plagued with Mavic issues. DJI can sugar coat as much as they want but proof is live and direct for all to see. Considering the sample size out there currently, it is even more worrying!

Sorry for your $1000 loss!
2016-11-17
Use props
Travis199
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144039 ft
United Kingdom

Do you not have some cached video of it?
2016-11-17
Use props
Travis199
lvl.4
United Kingdom

If I'm recording on the Mavic. I have cached videos (lower res) available on my iPhone in DJI go
2016-11-17
Use props
freddyms
lvl.3
United States

Nees Posted at 2016-11-16 20:59
Didn't record your phones screen i guess? Might have been nice proof. Sucks.

When flying above wat ...

how do you actually do that? I see people posting the video as it appears on the phone when flying?
2016-11-17
Use props
Travis199
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I think thats done with a third party app mate
2016-11-17
Use props
sanuk
Second Officer
Australia

Are there any videos out there testing the Mavic's flyability with just 3 motors working?

I get the feeling watching videos like the one below that it still might fly, or at least limp along, with one dead motor.

2016-11-17
Use props
Nole4life80
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298737 ft
United States

That happened to my P3A. It was the ESC (electronic speed control)..... all of a sudden it just fell out of the air from 200ft. Luckily it fell thru trees that slowed it down and it didn't get damaged AT ALL! DJI sent me shipping labels, fixed it and sent it back to me within 10 days..... their customer service used to be pretty good.
2016-11-17
Use props
whoisjason
lvl.1

United States

I did contact Tech Support and sent over the logs, they're working with me now. Does the phone cache video? If so, How do I pull it off?

I went looking in the bay for it this morning, and will continue to look again at low tide tonight. I have the GPS coordinates of where it fell, so I am hoping that I can find it and recover the sd card. It may no longer work, but it's worth a try. If I do find the Mavic, I'll also send it back to DJI for analisys if they'd like.

Since there was no objects near me and I was over water, getting all of the messages saying object avoided, then motor obstructed tells me something happened with the motor or ESC in flight.

Here's a video of my saddness:

2016-11-17
Use props
whoisjason
lvl.1

United States

Travis199 Posted at 2016-11-17 04:04
If I'm recording on the Mavic. I have cached videos (lower res) available on my iPhone in DJI go

This is great news, I'll look tonight to see if I have the footage.
2016-11-17
Use props
whoisjason
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-16 23:37
Did you contact our tech support and send it in for evaluation?

Yes I did, I sent over the logs. Thank you Mindy.
2016-11-17
Use props
Mir
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1333839 ft
United States

Damn! Sorry for your loss. Let us know if you found it? At least it was over water.. and not people/property

Also, another bay area mavic owner here, but I'm out in the valley, maybe you'll recognize this area
DJI_0009w.jpg
2016-11-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

whoisjason Posted at 2016-11-18 03:27
Yes I did, I sent over the logs. Thank you Mindy.

You are welcome.
Our engineers will help to analyze the flight data.
If there's anything I can help you with, please feel free to let me know.
2016-11-17
Use props
whoisjason
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-18 09:58
You are welcome.
Our engineers will help to analyze the flight data.
If there's anything I can hel ...

Hi Mindy - I have been emailing back and forth with support for a few days now about my issue. As of recently we're trying to extract the data files from my Mavic remote, but the DJI Assistant 2 app keeps crashing on both Mac and Windows computer when trying to export the files. I have also tried with a friends Mavic controller and it does the same thing.  So I am unable to get the files off my remote to send to tech support. Do you have any other suggestions of what I might be able to do?  I have sent over my Flight Log and records already.

Thanks again
Jason
2016-11-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

whoisjason Posted at 2016-11-25 16:31
Hi Mindy - I have been emailing back and forth with support for a few days now about my issue. As  ...

Hi Jason, we failed to send an email to you.
Could you please provide me with another email address?
We will guide you to find the RC log file.
2016-11-25
Use props
djiuser_N1fJRsk7Qj8b
lvl.1

South Africa

I also had a motor failure on my mavic air
2019-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules