This time an actual problem with my Mavic.. "Connecting"(Solved)
1071 3 2016-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CanadianDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10889 ft
Canada

Okay so sorry for creating yet another topic.

I've updated my Mavic and remote to the latest firmware, but I for the life of me can't get the controller to link with the Mavic.  I turn both on and it just says "Connecting".  I connect my phone to the remote and did the 'Link RC' option and pressed the button the side of the Mavic for 5 seconds until the light turned red, then it went green again, but still my controller only says "Connecting".

I'm assuming there is something wrong with one or both devices?
2016-11-16
Use props
CanadianDrone
lvl.2
Canada

Please ignore this thread..  Apparently there is a switch on the Mavic that toggles between wifi and RC.  I didn't see this mentioned anywhere in the manual.
2016-11-16
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

CanadianDrone Posted at 2016-11-17 03:33
Please ignore this thread..  Apparently there is a switch on the Mavic that toggles between wifi and ...

I guess you missed page 8 and 44 then...
2016-11-16
Use props
CanadianDrone
lvl.2
Canada

Nees Posted at 2016-11-16 23:39
I guess you missed page 8 and 44 then...

You sound just like my wife.

I searched through the manual, but I honestly didn't see anything about it.  In my defence, on page 8, "control mode switch" doesn't really stand out when I'm not able to connect my remote control.  Maybe it means sport mode or something like that.

Also, on page 44 it talks about how to use your mobile phone, which I had no interest in doing.  I'm not saying I'm not at fault here, but when I have a specific problem, I wasn't able to find a solution.

I guess it would have been nice if there was a troubleshooting section that said "hey if you can't connect your remote controller, ensure the control mode switch is set to RC"
2016-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules