DJI Go App 3.1 What Happened to Tripod Mode? Problem solved!
7055 35 2016-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi guys, Can anyone else shed some light on the Tripod mode on the Mavic?

I have recently updated to the latest FW version and the newest DJI Go App and today I was looking for the Tripod mode under general settings and it was gone!

Maybe I have missed the boat but please leave your comments on the missing feature

Thanks

Rich
2016-11-16
Use props
Homerlovesbeer
lvl.2

Australia

Hmm that's not good!
2016-11-16
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I think this has happened on the last DJI GO App update to 3.1    I also, noticed the gimbal speed adjustment has vanished from the remote controller page.

Anybody else confirm these items are gone with the GO App update?  Please list your comments and maybe DJI Ken can check into this for us too.   

Rich
2016-11-16
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

".....today I was looking for the Tripod mode under general settings and it was gone!"

- You'll have more luck if you look for it under the Intelligent Flight Modes Menu.  That would be the small drone icon on the LHS below RTH.

- Likewise if you want to adjust the Gimbal speed, try the Gimbal menu. It is in there under advanced settings..

BTW I also have DJI GO App 3.1 (android).

I cannot for the life of me find the new manual focus setting though.

Changelog:

Mavic:
- Added landscape and portrait display switch in the DJI GO app, available when the screen is unlocked
- Added Manual Focus
A2, N3:
- Added a notification for flight controller assembly status
General:
- Improved the UI of the attitude indicator in Sport Mode
- Improved the UI of notifications appearing when the aircraft approaches a No-fly Zone
- Fixed occasional crashing when sharing flight records

2016-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Here are the screenshots for your reference.
tripod mode.png
gimbal speed.png
2016-11-16
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-16 23:26

Hi Mindy
I saw your post and thought ..... oh you changed the location and I missed it... Nope, I do not have the Tripod mode listed in the flight modes.

I am on iOS 10.11 and DJI GO App 3.1 look at what I see:

IMG_8074.PNG IMG_8075.PNG IMG_8076.PNG

Please help

Rich
2016-11-17
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's possible that you're not in GPS mode, which is why it's not shown. Judging from your last shot where it shows OPTI mode
2016-11-17
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-11-17 21:01
Hi Mindy
I saw your post and thought ..... oh you changed the location and I missed it... Nope, I  ...

Try to downgrade the app and see if it is there again?
2016-11-17
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-16 23:26

Problem solved!

I reinstalled the remote controller FW and restarted the DJI GO App. Then connected the remote and Mavic again. Now this time everything showed up correctly.... see photos below

IMG_8077.PNG IMG_8078.PNG IMG_8079.PNG

I hope this helps others that might run into this problem. Go to the general page then look at about, if the remote is showing unknown (version of Firmware) then you should refresh the FW installation.

Thanks
Rich
2016-11-17
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-11-17 13:15
Problem solved!

I reinstalled the remote controller FW and restarted the DJI GO App. Then connect ...

Thanks for that Rich.  I wonder if this means that every time the DJI Go app is updated, then a corresponding FW update is needed as well?
2016-11-17
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mir Posted at 2016-11-17 12:08
It's possible that you're not in GPS mode, which is why it's not shown. Judging from your last shot  ...

Thanks, I saw that too but it is when I put my hand over the top of the Mavic while taking screen shots.

I refreshed the remote FW and that fixed it for me

Rich
2016-11-17
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nees Posted at 2016-11-17 12:11
Try to downgrade the app and see if it is there again?

Thanks for your thoughts!  I refreshed the remote FW and all is well!
Rich
2016-11-17
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Logger Posted at 2016-11-16 22:27
".....today I was looking for the Tripod mode under general settings and it was gone!"

- You'll hav ...

Hi logger,

Like the other things it was moved too.

Look under general settings; camera:
IMG_8081.PNG
Hope that helps you

Rich
2016-11-17
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Petroboy Posted at 2016-11-17 12:19
Thanks for that Rich.  I wonder if this means that every time the DJI Go app is updated, then a co ...

Hi Petroboy

Based on my other 4 DJI aircraft, this has only happened to me one other time. So this is most likely not going to happen every time  things are updated. I had 3 FW updates on my Mavic right out of the box. It was happening so fast I didn't catch the FW numbers from the start.  

I hope you are flying your Mavic ... it has been raining a lot but every chance I get I try to fly

Rich
2016-11-17
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-11-17 13:39
Hi Petroboy

Based on my other 4 DJI aircraft, this has only happened to me one other time. So thi ...

Been grounded as well so far from either rain or early darkness setting in at this time of year.  Plus, just to make it worse, the temperatures are dipping below the freezing mark now at night and light snow has been popping up.  Hopefully warm up a bit over the next week and I can let her rip.
2016-11-17
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Update, just flew my Mavic with the updated FW and everything worked awesome again. Tripod worked very well... super slowly as it should

Rich
2016-11-17
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Petroboy Posted at 2016-11-17 13:44
Been grounded as well so far from either rain or early darkness setting in at this time of year.   ...

Just got to fly ... yup it is cold outside and everything is working just great

Rich
2016-11-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-11-18 04:15
Problem solved!

I reinstalled the remote controller FW and restarted the DJI GO App. Then connect ...

Thank you for the update. :-)
2016-11-17
Use props
fansb797875e
lvl.2
Australia

Great!!! Everything's solved. Thanks a lot for help!
2016-11-21
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansb797875e Posted at 2016-11-21 15:19
Great!!! Everything's solved. Thanks a lot for help!

Good to hear you got it going.

Make you post what you found the issue was for others to learn what they should be looking for

Rich
2016-11-21
Use props
Marco Cantieni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1630453 ft
Germany

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-11-17 21:15
Problem solved!

How can I reinstall the controller firmware with the DJI Go App?
2016-12-2
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Marco Cantieni Posted at 2016-12-2 17:41

Connect to the aircraft as usual. If a firmware is required you will be notified on the App... Just follow the instructions. Make sure everything is charged up first.
2016-12-2
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Marco Cantieni Posted at 2016-12-2 09:41

Marco
Actually this is pretty easy to do. double tap your remote power button as you would to go fly. the remote will be searching for he aircraft but it not necessary to turn on the Mavic.  While the remote is turned on, go to the graduation hat for about 5 seconds on the Mavic home screen top right icon. Then you will get the firmware version information, you can select the firmware number from the center box and then run it from here. I can give you some screen shots if you get stuck, just let me know

Rich
2016-12-2
Use props
Marco Cantieni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1630453 ft
Germany

I've found it: I did the firware re-install on the controller and re-installed the DJI Go 4 App. Now Tripod mode can be seleted from the menu once the machine is airborne, has GPS and is not on sport mode. Thanks!
2016-12-2
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116165 ft
United States

How to re-install firmware on RC? I am missing tripod mode after updating firmware yesterday from the prompt on the app. I am using DJI Go 4 app

Thank you
2016-12-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wind Junkie Posted at 2016-12-4 10:07
How to re-install firmware on RC? I am missing tripod mode after updating firmware yesterday from th ...

Sorry you are having trouble. I cannot comment regarding the new DJI Go App 4.0 yet as this not available for iOS devices. I have the DJI Video below for how to upgrade and downgrade using the DJI Go App method.  If this does not work you may use the DJI assistant 2 method using your computer..

Be sure to reboot your device after the Go App was installed and make sure you have a solid GPS connection before tapping on the drone icon for intelligent flight modes.  I hope this helps you.
Rich

DJI GO App

DJI assistant 2

2016-12-4
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-4 14:26
Sorry you are having trouble. I cannot comment regarding the new DJI Go App 4.0 yet as this not av ...

Thanks Rich FYI DJI Go 4 app is available on iPhone iOS as I use it on my iPhone 6
2016-12-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wind Junkie Posted at 2016-12-4 13:12
Thanks Rich FYI DJI Go 4 app is available on iPhone iOS as I use it on my iPhone 6

Hey WJ
Thanks for getting back to me on this! I did not realize it was available for the iOS now. I wonder if both the DJI Go App 3.1 and the new Go App 4.0 can Coexist? I would like to try the new App without removing my old one (that I know is working)

I hope you got your Mavic remote straightened out.   Let me know if you got it going again and what you found out, so others can learn from this too.
Rich
2016-12-4
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-5 13:42
Hey WJ
Thanks for getting back to me on this! I did not realize it was available for the iOS now. I wonder if both the DJI Go App 3.1 and the new Go App 4.0 can Coexist? I would like to try the new App without removing my old one (that I know is working)

Hey Rich, without doing anything with firmware, the next time I went to fly yesterday evening Tripod mode was available to use. Perhaps my phone reboot that morning did something? I'm not sure. There was a firmware update I did on the fly (right before flying) the day before when the DJI Go 4 App displayed that there was an update. After the update the Mavic flew fine, but I did notice Tripod mode was missing. The next morning (yesterday morning) I rebooted my phone and then yesterday evening I noticed Tripod mode was available.

May have been a one off issue with my phone, but thought I'd share in case it comes up again.

Thanks
2016-12-5
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wind Junkie Posted at 2016-12-5 06:39
Hey Rich, without doing anything with firmware, the next time I went to fly yesterday evening Tripod mode was available to use. Perhaps my phone reboot that morning did something? I'm not sure. There was a firmware update I did on the fly (right before flying) the day before when the DJI Go 4 App displayed that there was an update. After the update the Mavic flew fine, but I did notice Tripod mode was missing. The next morning (yesterday morning) I rebooted my phone and then yesterday evening I noticed Tripod mode was available.

May have been a one off issue with my phone, but thought I'd share in case it comes up again.

Great news. Sometimes we can't explain all that happens and it could have been something simple as rebooting the device.  Report back if you have any other issues with Tripod mode.  DJI Ken told me that both Go App 3.1 and 4.0 can coexist on my device. I installed the new version 4.0 and will try some tests (when the weather is better)

Rich
2016-12-5
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

Newbie question: by 're-install' controller firmware does that mean 'downgrade and then upgrade again?

I installed the latest version on Friday.  Then, today, without any further updates Tripod mode disappeared even when in great GPS coverage.  Would love to fix this...
2016-12-18
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BuzzCut Posted at 2016-12-18 19:24
Newbie question: by 're-install' controller firmware does that mean 'downgrade and then upgrade again?

I installed the latest version on Friday.  Then, today, without any further updates Tripod mode disappeared even when in great GPS coverage.  Would love to fix this...

Hi BC
Either way would be okay ....  You can just install the same version again (refresh). It would not hurt to downgrade and then upgrade back to the highest level of FW also... but will take longer.  So, just try the refresh approach (reinstalls the same level of FW)  and you should be good to go again.

Edit: I didn't ask if you are using the Go 3.11 or 4.01 ?  Make sure you stick with one App when updating the FW and see if that will make a difference.  

Hope this helps you
Rich

2016-12-18
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

Thanks so much for the comprehensive answer, Rich!  I'm using Go v4.  The only other problem I had with it was a partial blacked-out screen on the first day, otherwise it's been great.

I'll try reinstalling (refresh) as you describe.

Thanks!

IMG_4419.PNG
2016-12-19
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BuzzCut Posted at 2016-12-19 02:42
Thanks so much for the comprehensive answer, Rich!  I'm using Go v4.  The only other problem I had with it was a partial blacked-out screen on the first day, otherwise it's been great.

I'll try reinstalling (refresh) as you describe.

I am posting some screen shots for others to follow too.  I have seen the video downlink issue before with my Inspire 1 and is usually caused by interference. You can switch the video HD to manual and pick a better signal.
Rich

IMG_8155.jpg IMG_8156.jpg
2016-12-19
Use props
Ramblingsheep
lvl.2
United Kingdom

It may be a bit late for this thread but...

I had a great deal of trouble finding Tripod Mode.  I found accidentally that I had to enter Multiple Flight Modes which concerned me a little as I was only operating in beginner mode but I went ahead and then I could see all the modes including Tripod.  I read a post in another forum where someone said you had to be in Multiple Flight Modes to call up Tripod Mode.  This was followed by someone else saying that they were NOT in Multiple Flight Modes and Tripod Mode was working.  The conclusion seems to be that you MUST initially call up Multiple Flight Modes to call up Tripod Mode for the FIRST time.  After that it is sort of activated and can then be used without Multiple Flight Modes in future.  This was certainly true in my case.  I guess that a future Firmware or App upgrade may mean going through the same process.  It seems very odd and not easily discovered.

I hope this may help someone finding the same problem.
2017-3-28
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ramblingsheep Posted at 2017-3-28 07:58
It may be a bit late for this thread but...

I had a great deal of trouble finding Tripod Mode.  I found accidentally that I had to enter Multiple Flight Modes which concerned me a little as I was only operating in beginner mode but I went ahead and then I could see all the modes including Tripod.  I read a post in another forum where someone said you had to be in Multiple Flight Modes to call up Tripod Mode.  This was followed by someone else saying that they were NOT in Multiple Flight Modes and Tripod Mode was working.  The conclusion seems to be that you MUST initially call up Multiple Flight Modes to call up Tripod Mode for the FIRST time.  After that it is sort of activated and can then be used without Multiple Flight Modes in future.  This was certainly true in my case.  I guess that a future Firmware or App upgrade may mean going through the same process.  It seems very odd and not easily discovered.

Thank you for sharing this is a good point.

DJI figures when you are a beginner that you should not be using the automatic flight modes. You need to learn how to fly or control the drone first, that way you can get out of trouble when turning on this feature....  if the flight mode messes up you will know what to do to save the drone from crashing.

Rich  
2017-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules