Groundstation question
1352 8 2015-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SavannahQuad
lvl.2

United States

Today I flew a Groundstation mission about 4000 ft total trip,  after the 5th leg it went into a hover.  Just sat there, I must have pushed something in the groundstation app to stop the programmed flight.  But since I am in Naza mode I just flipped my S1 to RTH then back to GPS and easily took command of the flight back from Grounstation.  And flew it back to my location.  

Can anyone tell what I may have pushed to halt the programmed flight?  I didn't THINK I hit anything, but I'm sure I did.

2015-2-8
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Possibly touched the on screen pause or brushed it by mistake ?
2015-2-8
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

Has anyone ever made their very first flight using waypoints?  I haven't made my first flight but I think about doing it that way.
2015-2-8
Use props
FlyingDog
lvl.2

Taiwan

If the Phantom lost GPS to <6, it will give up waypoint flight and hover, waiting for your command.  I ever encountered that once and just brought the bird back to HP immediately.  But I did get a warning message in the waypoint flight screen when it happened.  Perhaps you missed that warning message.
2015-2-8
Use props
ZippyZapp
lvl.2
United States

@SavannahQuad - as was pointed out you can accidentally hit pause. I find the gs screen to be touchy especially when trying to exit with the little return arrow thatbyou have to press perfectly to register without adding another waypoint instead.
Also what position do you flip the s1 switch in to cancel GS and resume control?  In phantom mode it is either of the other 2 then back to top.   Have you had any issues with waypoint flying in NAZA mode?

@capt. Bill - no, i thought about doing that but wanted to make sure my phantom was flying right and flying it well first especially understanding how to recover in a crisis.  My first few GS missions were all close by until i was comfortable with autonomous flying.  It still makes me a little nervous while it is doing the waypoints, especially when the fpv connection drops as it has for me a couple times...
2015-2-8
Use props
SavannahQuad
lvl.2

United States

ZippyZapp Posted at 2015-2-9 08:13
@SavannahQuad - as was pointed out you can accidentally hit pause. I find the gs screen to be touchy ...

Yeah, I think you're right I was trying to see the screen and keep track of the flight and must have touched some pause function.  I'll look again tomorrow.

You can flip the S1 switch to either the middle or the bottom setting then back to the top to regain control of the quad. I used the ATTI switch (middle).
(EDIT) I should say, this is while in NAZA mode.  NOT Phantom mode.
Thanks,

2015-2-8
Use props
SavannahQuad
lvl.2

United States

FlyingDog Posted at 2015-2-9 08:08
If the Phantom lost GPS to

Maybe I did miss the message, It had between 7 and 10 while I was paying attention but I know I didn't look at it when it happened.  I was mildly freaked out and wanted control back ASAP!
2015-2-8
Use props
Observer
lvl.1

Australia

I am confused now because I thought Ground Station did not work in Naza?
Let me rephrase that....Not recommended due to fly aways etc.
2015-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules