Check your local Apple Stores! I bought TWO today!
12Next >
7298 41 2016-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MsSea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30344 ft
United States

I've been a long time lurker on here, looking for updates, but today I can finally contribute.
I was able to buy TWO Mavics today at two different Apple stores with no preorder and no wait, I was in and out.
I live in Florida and yesterday I started calling all the Apple stores in the state (despite online saying ALL stores wouldn't have them until January 13th) and found one in Miami that had just one in stock. I live 4 hours from Miami so with some haggling the employee agreed to hold it for me until today, so at 5am this morning I made the 4 hour trip to Miami and picked it up.
After I bought the first one I decided to check the Apple site while I was in my car and saw that the Apple Store outside Palm Beach had one available for pick up so I immediately bought it. I just left from picking that one up.

Some tips:
-Forget what it says online call the store directly. When you call you'll go to an automated system say "Manager" to talk to a person in the actually store and not someone in the Apple Call center.

-If the employee says they're going to check the computer, politely ask that they do a physical check because it seems stores are only getting 1 or 2 at a time so it's not registering in their computers. When I called to confirm my order at the second store the employee initially told me that they didn't have any.

-Keep checking online as well. The first store I went to never had any available online but the second store did show that there was one available. So the site is hit or miss it seems.
image.jpeg
2016-11-17
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Crazy. Wonder if it would be everywhere like that or just US
2016-11-17
Use props
Nole4life80
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298737 ft
United States

I don't want to buy yours but we should do business together.... let me know if you are interested.
2016-11-17
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

I hate scalpers...
2016-11-17
Use props
MsSea
lvl.2
United States

Schwavic Posted at 2016-11-18 03:26
I hate scalpers...

That's nice, but who said anything about scalping???
2016-11-17
Use props
MsSea
lvl.2
United States

Nees Posted at 2016-11-18 02:30
Crazy. Wonder if it would be everywhere like that or just US

Based on what I've read in other forum I know the Apple stores in Britain and Canada may carry them as well.
2016-11-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

MsSea Posted at 2016-11-17 20:56
Based on what I've read in other forum I know the Apple stores in Britain and Canada may carry the ...

Would you mind posting your receipts, not saying you didn't get them but might put pressure on dji to make a statement
2016-11-17
Use props
MsSea
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-18 04:49
Would you mind posting your receipts, not saying you didn't get them but might put pressure on dji ...

Sure. I have a paper receipt for the one I had held for me and an emailed receipt for the one I ordered for pick up this morning.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
2016-11-17
Use props
ErstO
lvl.1
United States

MsSea Posted at 2016-11-17 12:57
Sure. I have a paper receipt for the one I had held for me and an emailed receipt for the one I or ...

I just checked,  in all 10 Apple stores in SoCal they will not have any until Jan. 16
2016-11-17
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

Success!!!

I ended up walking into a local Apple store and unfortuantely they didn't have any stock but they checked their system and mentioned that a store about an hour away had some type of stock. They couldn't tell how many so I took a drive over and purchased the one that they had in stock

That was from the Rancho Cucamonga, CA store.

Happy to finally have this over with. Can't wait to get flying.
2016-11-17
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.3
United States

ErstO Posted at 2016-11-18 04:59
I just checked,  in all 10 Apple stores in SoCal they will not have any until Jan. 16

The Apple employee in Costa Mesa said the Pasadena shop looked like they had one or two in stock fyi.
2016-11-17
Use props
GREY C
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-11-17
Use props
fans80462522
lvl.1

United States

Thx, I just bought my mavic 20 mins ago, they said it is the last one. lol Thank you!!!
unnamed.jpg
2016-11-17
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

I am not an Apple person, but this reminds me of a Futurama episode.
2016-11-17
Use props
David Pumpkins
lvl.2

United States

CRAZY!!! i guess people got the jump on this
2016-11-17
Use props
echeng12
lvl.2

United States

I just bought another one 30mins ago in NorCal Walnut Creek store.  They only had one.  Initially emeryville store had one but when I got there someone beat me to it.  Luckily Walnut Creek was able to hold one for me.
IMG_7867.JPG
2016-11-17
Use props
ChaneRZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 171043 ft
United States

Nice one! I live in NorCal too.
2016-11-17
Use props
Awhat
lvl.1

Australia

Awesome! does anyone know if any Australian stores have had them?
2016-11-17
Use props
sevimli
lvl.2
United States

nothing in Chicago area!
2016-11-17
Use props
MavicPro?
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1058330 ft
United States

hahaha i literally was just saying this isn't possible, but sure enough i ended up getting one. Nothing online in MI said they had them in stock for pickup anytime soon. I called a few stores using MsSeas method (THANK YOU SO MUCH MsSEA!!!!!!!) and happened to get someone that said she remembers receiving one a few hours ago, but couldn't confirm whether or not it was purchased already, who knows why. I decided to take the chance and drive the 45 min our and ended up getting the only one they received! I was in shock! Saw one store model, but no boxes, so i asked a guy that ended up going to the back, sure enough he walks out with a freaking box lol.

Here's the question: What are the chances this happens to be one of the faulty Mavics? Do you guys think this is from the updated batch of fixed ones? Also, are we able to purchase the DJI warranty if we purchased it through apple?

Thanks,
-Tyler
2016-11-17
Use props
MavicPro?
lvl.2
United States

jvanderhoff Posted at 2016-11-17 16:09
Success!!!

I ended up walking into a local Apple store and unfortuantely they didn't have any stock ...

are you able to get a DJI extended warranty still if you purchased it through apple? Do you think we got one from the good batch of Mavics?
2016-11-17
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.3
United States

MavicPro? Posted at 2016-11-18 08:18
are you able to get a DJI extended warranty still if you purchased it through apple? Do you think  ...

Yes, you can still get the DJI Care-Refresh if purchased through Apple (I just did it). You just purchase the extended care online through DJI. They ask for your serial number and thats about it. You just have to do this within 48 hours of powering up the Mavic for the first time.

I didn't know there were "bad" batches. With that in mind I've done two short flights with great results including return to home (far improved from the Phantom 4 as far as landing exactly at the original home)

I did update the controller and Mavic firmware before my first flight.
2016-11-17
Use props
MavicPro?
lvl.2
United States

jvanderhoff Posted at 2016-11-17 19:28
Yes, you can still get the DJI Care-Refresh if purchased through Apple (I just did it). You just pu ...

AWESOME! Im so giddy right now haha. I think a big reason for the delay was so they could replace/recall the bad ones. Id assume they wouldnt want to give a bad batch to a supplier such as apple, so im gonna assume its good to go. Thanks for the quick response too! Wish it wasn't dark at 5pm, looks like ill be flying in the garage for now
2016-11-17
Use props
EricV NewJersey
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I HAVE ONE FOR SALE IN NEW JERSEY $1350 ON HAND
2016-11-17
Use props
fans3562e77b
lvl.2
United States

I wanted to thank everyone who has been posting in these forums.  I ordered my Mavic on the 12th of October and still have no update on when it will be shipped.  I was reading how a bunch of people were picking them up at their local apple stores.  So I called my local Apple store and they said they had only 1.  I asked them if I could buy it over the phone and they said no.  I was told I could only buy it on Apple.com or buy it at the store, but it is on a first come first serve basis (heard that before).  I tried to buy it online, but it showed a date of jan 14th for pickup.  So I jumped in the car and headed up there on the off chance they would have it.  When I arrived I did not see any on the shelves so I thought i would be out of luck.  I decided to ask just to see if maybe it was in the back and to my surprise they still had one.  I will be canceling my order with DJI.  I hope it helps get someone else get their drone sooner.
IMG_1824.JPG
2016-11-17
Use props
MsSea
lvl.2
United States

MavicPro? Posted at 2016-11-17 19:17
hahaha i literally was just saying this isn't possible, but sure enough i ended up getting one. Noth ...

No problem! I'm so happy to see that others were able to pick one up today! For those who didn't get one today keep trying! Call stores tomorrow. The majority of Apple stores receive shipments every day except Sunday and Monday.
I have 3 friends who work for Apple (2 in retail and 1 on the corporate side) so I know for a fact that Apple does not tell in store employees what's coming in the shipments, they don't know until the shipment arrives. So if you spoke to employees today and they said they aren't getting any until January disregard that and try calling again tomorrow.

-Also, once again when you call the store it is imperative that you say "MANAGER" and nothing else as soon as the automated system asks how it can help. If you do not you will be directed to Apple's call center and they know nothing that can help you.
-When you do call if the employee says their going to check the computer, asks you to wait as they load a page, you hear typing, or anything suggesting they are accessing the Apple site politely ask them to physically check. The site is unreliable even on their end.
-Apple employees really aren't allowed to hold items but if you tell them you are driving from far or way, or that the Mavic isn't showing as available for pick up on the Apple site so you cannot prepay (this is what worked for me), they may make an exception for you. Just remember to be very nice and polite, it goes a long way.
-If you live or work by an Apple store try just swinging in. As a person who once worked retail, employees are more likely to look in the back for an item if you talk to them face to face and not on the phone. And even if you don't see any on the shelf be sure to ask, a lot of stores are keeping them in the back.
-It seems like stores are only getting one or two at a time. Of all the stores I called and all the posts I've read no store seems to have more than two per shipment.
-Lastly, keep checking the site periodically, you might be able to catch one that's available for pick up. I got lucky with the second one by just checking the site. It wasn't showing as availbe all morning then randomly it appeared at 10:30am.

P.S. Sorry for the bad quality pics, I sent them from my phone and now that I'm home and on my Mac I see that they are horrible.

2016-11-17
Use props
TaylorGT
lvl.1

United States

Just to share my experience. Spent the last 3 hours driving around to 4 metro Atlanta Apple stores. No luck. Nothing on the shelves, nothing in the back. At each place they said that they had 1 or 2 and that they sold earlier today or yesterday.  Good luck to everyone else trying. Back to waiting for my Sept 28 order from B&H.
2016-11-17
Use props
MsSea
lvl.2
United States

I forgot to add, the Apple store at the Millenia Mall in Orlando has a BUNCH of propellers available. I bought two sets on my way back home but they had plenty on the shelves. Now I just need to find spare batteries. I haven't found any Apple store that has had those in stock yet.
2016-11-17
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

MsSea Posted at 2016-11-17 14:54
That's nice, but who said anything about scalping???

Will you marry me? I live in Parkland FL.
2016-11-17
Use props
vatogrande
lvl.1
United States

I am in norcal...  I walked into one of our local Apple stores.  Waited a long time, but the guy claimed that they "checked" and there was none in the back.  
He said that they sold 1 yesterday.  
They did have a floor display model, but I didn't feel like asking about that.   I picked it up and looked at it closely.  
Back to waiting for my fly more package.  Hopefully it might come this year.
2016-11-17
Use props
MsSea
lvl.2
United States

vatogrande Posted at 2016-11-17 21:21
I am in norcal...  I walked into one of our local Apple stores.  Waited a long time, but the guy cla ...

I feel like finding one in store in California is going to be hard. EVERY forum I looked through with threads about picking one up in store are filled with Californians and New Yorkers. It seems that drones are very popular there, so I guess there is more competition. But there have been many success stories with people in Cali, even in this thread so just keep trying.
2016-11-17
Use props
Wholagan
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone know if you bought online to pickup in store, do they call that list first when they get a shipment?  I know my local date for pickup is Jan 16 but the online rep said if they get a shipment in it could be sooner.  Seems to me if people are just picking them up, they completely ignore that pickup list.  
2016-11-17
Use props
ty5
lvl.1

United States

I figured I would post on this thread since this was the first one I read about the apple store and motivated me to try.  Like stated above, you have to pass through the automated system with MANAGER, and hopefully you get one who cares.  Called all three stores in North Central Ohio.  Two were clueless.  Luckily the third store manager knew what he was doing and checked todays shipment.  Sure enough he had one.  He was going to hold it until noon tomorrow because that is the soonest I thought I could get there.... but fortunately the parent teacher conference went better than expected so I took the three hour journey tonight.  Worth the trip.  I will be canceling my other orders tomorrow and hopefully spending some time with my Mavic tomorrow.  Good luck to all.

Thank you MsSea for the heads up.
2016-11-17
Use props
VirtualRain
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56604 ft
Canada

This is bizarre. Surely DJI would make more margin fulfilling their preorders direct vs having a lot of us go through Apple instead and then cancel. Maybe they have a contractual obligation with Apple? If not, they're just dumb. And what is Apple doing to fulfill their own pre-orders. Are they ignoring them too? Very unlike Apple if that's true.
2016-11-17
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I wonder if these are the demo models for the store and everyone forget the read the DJI memo that was sent tomorrow. Lol

Good find and bless you MsSea for this thread.

I will cancel my DJI order and catch the next 24hr flight to Murica's Apple stores
Apple stores downunder has none in stock and the online system says Jan next year =(
The biggest supplier in my state got 3 units from the 300+ orders.
2016-11-17
Use props
kopterbird
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193091 ft
  • >>>
Germany

In Germany, nobody got a Mavic from Apple...
2016-11-18
Use props
Bart - Mavic (p
lvl.2
United Kingdom

MsSea Posted at 2016-11-17 19:56
Based on what I've read in other forum I know the Apple stores in Britain and Canada may carry the ...

I have called already Apple Store in Edinburgh in Scotland - nothing
2016-11-18
Use props
CaptumLux
lvl.2

United States

I spent about 2 hours on the phone yesterday talking to different reps trying to find one in the Denver Metro area. 3 different reps told me that they weren't available until next year. Then I got Erica on the phone and she was nothing short of awesome! I told her about what I had read here on the forum about stores having stock despite the inventory listing zero... she was intrigued. This amazing lady went to work for me and tracked down what had to have been the LAST available unit in the Denver Metro area. Not only did she run it down for me, she also convinced the store manager to reserve it for me! Low and behold, I swung by the Flatirons Apple in Broomfield in between client shoots and walked out with this gorgeous piece of flying ingenuity. I owe Erica BIG TIME!

One of the reps that I spoke to did acknowledge that they had been trickling in and that they were "expecting" another shipment either today or tomorrow. Don't give up! Keep calling and don't take the "no inventory showing" as an answer. Politely ask them if they could physically check their inventory to be sure.

20161117_164900-01.jpeg
2016-11-18
Use props
Draxel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 402247 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Well this explains where all the Mavics are hiding.

How crazy is it not that people who ordered almost two months ago directly from DJI has not received it, but Apple stores just have them lying around - not registered as "In Stock"?
2016-11-18
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

MsSea Posted at 2016-11-17 21:09
I forgot to add, the Apple store at the Millenia Mall in Orlando has a BUNCH of propellers available ...

I am dying to try the follow me feature with my motorcycle and the Mavic. I have an extra helmet. You down?
2016-11-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules