1452 3 2016-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drac0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 314564 ft
United States

Hey all,

I've had my Phantom 4 for about 3 weeks now. I've managed to log about 4.5 hours of flight time and covered a distance of about 26 miles flown.

This has me thinking about maintaining my Phantom 4 as best as I can. Parts wear out or may fail over time, but I'd like to help prevent that as much as possible. So far, the most I've had to do is clean off dead bugs that have been splattered on the body of my drone.

What preventitive maintenance needs to be done to ensure my Phantom 4 gives me the most flight time possible?
2016-11-17
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

just a few things I do. about every 5 flying hours, check the three mounting screws under each prop for tightness, not over tight but good and snug. takes a 1.5 mm hex allen wrench.
check aircraft arms real close for stress cracks, especially towards the end of the arms. check all props after each flt for fitness,wear, and nicks. check each battery using the dji go ap aircraft and controller on check the battery cells that way. they all should be close in volts. other than that I don't know of much else there is to check. Happy Flying.
2016-11-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Here is a video tutorial for battery use and maintenance.

Also if the propellers are scratched or damaged, please change it.
And do not put the aircraft to moist place.
If there's anything wrong, DJI GO app will prompt you with error message.
2016-11-17
Use props
Drac0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 314564 ft
United States

Thanks Grizz 1 and DJI Mindy.
2016-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules