OSMO MOBILE long exposure blurred image
3353 5 2016-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
duke164
lvl.1
France

Hi

I've recently (4 days) bought an OSMO MOBILE.
I updated with the last firmware

Trying the gimbal with Samsung S7 edge and iphone 6s I confirm that it works quite well but it is not the case for the long exposure.
I've tried with lot of ways holding firmly the gimbal with my 2 hands,  holding down the trigger or not, during daytime or night, even standing the gimbal on a table.
The result are always the same : the image are blurred.
I have better result using the gimbal without the DJI GO program.

Of course I've balanced the gimbal+phone the best as possible and also focused before taking the photo.

here are joined examples with DJI GO and the same with same exposure time with the gimbal but using the OEM program to take photo (Samsung)

I notice also that I feel vibration when I hold the gimbal and don't know if it is normal.

what do you think about this problem ?

I add that during daytime, when I've tried the long exposure I've noticed that the live image become fuzzy

regards,

Stéphane

with DJI GO

with DJI GO

With Samsung Camera program and the gimbal

With Samsung Camera program and the gimbal
2016-11-17
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thank you for your feedback, we're working to improve the long exposure result.
2016-11-17
Use props
kFqQpvleL43x
New

United States

i've had similar problems - i am wondering if the built in stabilization on the phone causes problems when combined with the gimbal for long exposures. i am looking for a way to turn off the S7 stabilization but can not find out where those controls are.
2016-11-19
Use props
SemichCSC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 903904 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

this is normal in my opinion. put the osmo on this base to do such long expo. a long expo cannot move angle.
2016-11-19
Use props
duke164
lvl.1
France

AS written I've also try the long exposure in stable position (on  a table) It doesn't improve the result.
And surprisingly,  with the gimbal and the Samsung photo program I 've better result (as shown)
2016-11-20
Use props
AnyKill
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15968 ft
Brazil

Same results with osmo+ try to make a movie in stable position and you will see the osmo breathing... up and down... my osmo+ does.
2016-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules