Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic catastrophic failure and fly off
3347 13 2016-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user2f0e32bab9
New
Flight distance : 97940 ft
Australia

Anyone havd a similar issue? I had multiple warnings on its first flight before a catastophic failure.

WARNING - Abnormal compass function or GPS signal detected, aircraft switched to ATTI mode.
WARNING - Sattelite positioning off. Fly with caution
WARNING - Command timeout
WARNING - Weak signal. Adjust antenna and avoid signal block
WARNING - (compass) magnetic interfered (in flight) please switch to ATTI mode if craft behave abnormally (using).

These flashed on multiple times, lost connection with the controller and video feed and flew off at full speed and is gone. I have emailed DJI support but have had no response as yet. The drone was 8 minutes old. I had done the firmware update and software update as requested before flying. I've also had both a two Phantom 4s and plenty of flying experience, I'm not a beginner and this wasn't pilot error.

The Mavic was pre-ordered through Apple here in Australia, I spoke to Apple straight away and they said that I had to speak to DJI. There is no DJI store in Australia and have yet to have a response from DJI SUPPORT.
The flight tracker is saved to my phone luckily showing the multiple failures before losing signal at 8 minutes.

2016-11-17
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow that is super sad to hear.... sorry for your loss
hope you get some help from DJI
Rich
2016-11-17
Use props
Mooney
lvl.4

United States

Did you find it?

Last position on your map?
2016-11-17
Use props
user2f0e32bab9
New
Australia

No, I didn't find it. It lost signal and gps tracking and is not at the last known position
2016-11-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about that, our e-mail team will reply you soon during working hours.
Please provide us your flight records, we'd help you analyze that and let you know the details.
2016-11-17
Use props
user2f0e32bab9
New
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-18 10:14
Sorry to hear about that, our e-mail team will reply you soon during working hours.
Please provide  ...

Thanks Natalia,
I will. Could you please tell me the best way to go about that.
2016-11-17
Use props
fans6a365e94
Banned
Flight distance : 284491 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-11-17
Use props
AYA74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2002713 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

My Mavic got persisting compass magnetic interference warnings while grounded and despite all the attempts to calibrate it (firmware downgrade/upgrade, install/reinstall DJI Go, move to different open fields, etc.), I never managed to fix the calibration (it is the compass 2 failing) so I decided to send it back to DJI for repair as I even didn't want to try to fly it.
Good luck with your problem and hope that DJI will replace your Mavic.
2016-11-17
Use props
sanuk
Second Officer
Australia

user2f0e32bab9 Posted at 2016-11-18 13:12
No, I didn't find it. It lost signal and gps tracking and is not at the last known position

How far away did it fly?  
And out of curiosity what was the environment you were flying in? Centre of an urban area? Rural paddock? On a boat?
2016-11-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

user2f0e32bab9 Posted at 2016-11-18 10:37
Thanks Natalia,
I will. Could you please tell me the best way to go about that.

You could sync flight records through dji go APP, please refer to this tutorial, then reply e-mail with your account username and time when it happened.
2016-11-17
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839633 ft
United Kingdom

No Home Position located before fly?  I had an incident yesterday when I lost signal out of blue with no warning and Go app turned black and white. At the moment I thought the Mavic's gone,  but after few panic minutes wait, the miracle happed as the drove hovered 30m above my head trying to land.

It is always a good idea to set RTH altitude first before fly, in case it hit something when RTH.
2016-11-18
Use props
Kevin16
lvl.4
Flight distance : 353642 ft
Australia

Wow that's bad luck.  I got mine yesterday (also from Apple Australia) and it is my first drone.  Had a moment of total panic when I tried the RTH on the first flight.  It decided to rise instead of come down.  I thought I was going to lose it.  I had control of it though and could bring it down manually.  Then I was reading the controls and it was set to rise to about 30m when RTH is triggered for obstacle avoidance and then return.  

Still too scared to use RTH though.
2016-11-18
Use props
MikeQView
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Kevin16 Posted at 2016-11-18 10:14
Wow that's bad luck.  I got mine yesterday (also from Apple Australia) and it is my first drone.  Ha ...

Its only doing exactly what its told to in this case,  all my multirotors do this, and i am glad i have set the height for this to happen,   i have often used RTH just for practice,  luckily never needed it for real yet !
2016-11-18
Use props
chris.sproul
New
Australia

It lost all gps, RTH was set but it didn't work, the controller also lost signal and all control including the H button wouldn't work. DJI have my flight log and are looking into it further
2016-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules