Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why is AUS continually ripped off with Price?
1247 6 2016-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
C_LUU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481988 ft
Australia

Why are the AUD prices so much more than anywhere else?

If you do the current conversion from USD to AUD we are upwards from $600AUD worse off? This does not make sense, even when you factor in GST of 10%, some australian retailers are already listing the P4 Pro cheaper than what DJI are listing it as????

Can a DJI representative please explain why we are continually screwed on prices here in AUS? Is Australia the joke of the global economy?

We are actually better off ordering to somewhere in US and onshipping from there, as local warranty is provided regardless of location and the exchange conversion are much better, like a lot better!

2016-11-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

'some australian retailers are already listing the P4 Pro cheaper than what DJI are listing it as???? '

Who? All the local prices for pre-order I can find are exactly the same as the DJI price.
2016-11-17
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-18 15:31
'some australian retailers are already listing the P4 Pro cheaper than what DJI are listing it as??? ...

Well, not sure if this is what is going on, but some eBay references to Phantom Pro are actually the standard Phantom when you read the description. As for AUS dealers being cheaper, I'd like to know who too, because when I do the $US conversion of the DJI shop price to $AUD, I'm horrified...
2016-11-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2016-11-18 16:01
Well, not sure if this is what is going on, but some eBay references to Phantom Pro are actually t ...

'I'd like to know who too, because when I do the $US conversion of the DJI shop price to $AUD, I'm horrified...'

US Price US$1499, converts to AUD$2026, add 10% GST, that equals $2228.

Price on the DJI web site, delivered is AUD$2599, so DJI Direct is $371 more expensive.
2016-11-17
Use props
Lethal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 71096 ft
Australia

When I asked the same question a few months ago (http://forum.dji.com/thread-60672-1-1.html) , DJI Store responded that it was because of "VAT, Customs Duty and Shipping Fee". I do a lot of business with other Chinese companies and have never run into this problem. FWIW, I think DJI are like Apple, simply charge Australians more because they know we have to pay it. Can always use US shipping address!
2016-11-17
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Australia

Lethal Posted at 2016-11-18 00:39
When I asked the same question a few months ago (http://forum.dji.com/thread-60672-1-1.html) , DJI S ...

Arrrgg i am getting tired of the OZ tax large corporations charge us! Just like adobe, photoshop and premiere are downloadable products purchased online but is much more expensive than purchasing in any other country.
2016-11-17
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Australia

All,

I hope i don't get in trouble for this but, Aussy retailer giving $100 off DJI price for pre order and delivery early Jan 17

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DJI-P ... :g:AYMAAOSwiONYK5Cv
2016-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules