Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Metal shaving?
2526 13 2016-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Island
lvl.3
United States

I saw a few threads that stating there was dust in their lense on their mavic.
So I went ahead and checked mine before I fly it and there is like a little piece of metal shaving (that's what it looks like to me) in the lens
Do you think this will effect the video?(Dji-- please leave this up, this is a general discussion if it would effect the video as i would rather keep it and not send it in for a week long repair)

IMG_0864.JPG
IMG_0862.JPG
2016-11-17
Use props
Island
lvl.3
United States

Sorry the photos are bad I uploaded from my iPhone
2016-11-17
Use props
fans960b109d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 791736 ft
New Zealand

Hiiiim interested to know too ;-)
2016-11-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please try to take photos or record videos, then check the original files, if the footage is fine, please do not worry about that.
2016-11-18
Use props
Island
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-18 00:03
Please try to take photos or record videos, then check the original files, if the footage is fine, p ...

I would have to set up the drone, as I was planning on buying the refresh care but would rather hold off if I'm going to have to return it or send it in
2016-11-18
Use props
Island
lvl.3
United States

Will try it out tomorrow to see if video/photos are affected
2016-11-18
Use props
KulaHI

United States

Sorry but that's just not acceptable.  Personally I'd return it. The more I see and hear about DJI issues with QC the more I'm inclined to cancel and wait until they iron them out.
2016-11-18
Use props
Crusader
lvl.1

Netherlands

I agree with DJI Natalia, take some video and pictures with your Mavic and check for artefacts, maby it's fine.
Maby this will give you some peace of mind, look frome 8:41 on:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YcZkCnPs45s
2016-11-18
Use props
Repsolkid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7418 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-18 08:03
Please try to take photos or record videos, then check the original files, if the footage is fine, p ...

OMG!
A DJI employee saying it is ok that a drone has been delivered with swarf in the camera lens!
Seriously how can you be so flippant? How do you know that there is not more swarf in the electronics, which will cause major shorting issues?

I am completely shocked by this comment, and anyone that has half an idea about what quality should look like, then they would be too.

If I was the unlucky owner I certainly wouldn't fly it, and return it straight away.
2016-11-18
Use props
Wes1977
lvl.3
Flight distance : 363862 ft
United States

I would make sure to chat with them on email or chat and have them acknowledge that there is trash in there.  If in 7 months that piece falls down right on the eye you could show proof that you got this from the start.  I personally would keep it as long as your video and pictures are good.
2016-11-18
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400190 ft
Canada

KulaHI Posted at 2016-11-18 03:16
Sorry but that's just not acceptable.  Personally I'd return it. The more I see and hear about DJI i ...

You won't do it.
2016-11-18
Use props
KulaHI

United States

Just waiting for 11/30 then I'll have justification to file a PP dispute.
2016-11-18
Use props
fschilder
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102028 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Crusader Posted at 2016-11-18 03:28
I agree with DJI Natalia, take some video and pictures with your Mavic and check for artefacts, maby ...

I don't think I agree. The filing might not be in the way now, but it is not glued in place either and could move into view at any time. I find Nathalie's response rather flippant. I would be calling DJI.
2016-11-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Repsolkid Posted at 2016-11-18 20:18
OMG!
A DJI employee saying it is ok that a drone has been delivered with swarf in the camera lens! ...

We feel sorry for any inconvenience caused, and we'd love to help you for any problems and deal with that properly.
Before sending it in, it's better to collect more details.
Thank for your supporting and understanding.
2016-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules