Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI You owe us an honest update.
2264 20 2016-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flipside
lvl.2

Spain

It is disreputable to withhold accurate information from customers. You have millions of dollars of your clients' money sitting in your accounts.  You know how many orders you have. You know how many Mavics you are producing.  Tell the people whose money you are holding how long you are going to hold it.

People have made holiday and travel arrangements intending to take their drone with them. They've had to take their holiday without their drone. And Christmas is coming.  Drones have been ordered for presents.

Yet big retailers are pushing estimates further and further back. There are rumours that you are producing just 100 units per day.  Only you know the accurate figures.

You need to give us an honest update. Tell us what is happening.

2016-11-18
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

This is what they explained before at 03-11-2016

Dear DJI Customers:

We owe you an apology for our delays in delivering the new Mavic Pro. We want to thank you for your patience and also advise that we are looking into improving our order process and systems, based largely on your feedback.

When we announced Mavic Pro and began accepting pre-orders, we expected to deliver the first units in mid-October. However, ramping up production to full speed at top quality took longer than planned. Prior to our scheduled shipping target, we encountered an issue integrating a part into the Mavic Pro. We resolved that within a week. On top of that, the excitement for the Mavic Pro beat our expectations. As a result, we are working diligently to ramp up production to meet the higher-than-anticipated demand for the Mavic Pro.

We have been shipping for nearly two weeks, but even with round-the-clock production, we unfortunately cannot give specific delivery estimates for many orders moving through various global sales channels because of this demand. For Mavic Pro orders received before November 3, 2016, we will do our best to clear them all within the next seven to eight weeks.

Some of you waiting for your Mavic Pro also expressed concern about our immediate billing of pre-orders. We've heard you and are examining potential alternatives with our payment provider.

DJI exists to put amazing technology and innovation into your hands, and we're sorry it's taking so long with Mavic Pro. Our internal systems haven't kept up with the enormous demand for our products, and your enthusiasm for our newest offering is spurring us to improve. We appreciate your understanding and are doing everything we can to get Mavic Pro to you as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

DJI

2016-11-18
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Anoniem Posted at 2016-11-18 13:46
This is what they explained before at 03-11-2016

Dear DJI Customers:

What is the point of reproducing DJI's communication of 3rd November?

We now know that it was a load of rubbish. Two weeks after that communication and DJI have STILL not sent out all orders for 28th September. They are STILL quoting 7 to 8 weeks even though two weeks has passed.

I agree with the original poster that we should be receiving another communication from DJI and that, this time, it is honest....
2016-11-18
Use props
flipside
lvl.2

Spain

Yes, I've read that. It's disingenuous. It's really saying nothing. They say "we will do our best to clear them within the next seven to eight weeks.". That means nothing. Of course they'll do their best to clear them before Christmas, because they don't want orders to be cancelled. But how realistic is that?  By now, they have a very good idea of how long it will take to clear the backlog. If they genuinely want to be fair to their customers, they should share that information.

They say they are "examining potential alternatives with our payment provider". What became of those discussions? And why were they necessary in the first place? Why did they insist on taking payment upfront? They must have known very well that they had very limited production capacity, and therefore there were likely to be long delays. It was a calculated business decision.

It's typical sales blurb: "DJI Exists to put amazing technology in and innovation into your hands". No it doesn't.  It exists to make money.
2016-11-18
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Drmerlin Posted at 2016-11-18 15:18
What is the point of reproducing DJI's communication of 3rd November?

We now know that it was a l ...

you can complain and demand a honest explanation, people tried that before.
DJI can just repeat this explanation again, to wait 8 weeks.
I like a update of information also but do not really expect them to do this
2016-11-18
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

I got kicked off the FB forums for suggesting that the ONLY thing that will FORCE DJI to release more honest and transparent information would be BAD PUBLICITY. They don't like that. I wonder why?

They are not going to clear their backlog in the time they said in the Nov 3rd "update" (a cheesy press release) but instead they are enjoying the fruits of maybe $100M in the bank. Even with cancellations they will pocket the benefits of holding that much money.
2016-11-18
Use props
Drone Newb
lvl.1
United States

flipside Posted at 2016-11-18 07:19
Yes, I've read that. It's disingenuous. It's really saying nothing. They say "we will do our best to ...

Did the end up changing the prepay process? Is DJI taking funds upfront for the Inspire 2 and P4 Pro orders?
2016-11-18
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

Drone Newb Posted at 2016-11-18 09:06
Did the end up changing the prepay process? Is DJI taking funds upfront for the Inspire 2 and P4 P ...

Yes, they say they will ship weeks after payment made.
Untitled.png
2016-11-18
Use props
flipside
lvl.2

Spain

ngvuanh Posted at 2016-11-18 18:24
Yes, they say they will ship weeks after payment made.

Is that changing it? Why not take payment when it ships, like Amazon do?
2016-11-18
Use props
flipside
lvl.2

Spain

"They need to feel the customers pain otherwise we will see the same fundamental failings happening with future launches."

The problem is that to them it's not necessarily a failure. They are making a fortune by holding their customers' money. They're probably making more like this than they would have done had the fulfilled the orders in the timescale they promised. The interest they are earning probably exceeds the loss through cancellations.
2016-11-18
Use props
Drone Newb
lvl.1
United States

flipside Posted at 2016-11-18 12:26
Is that changing it? Why not take payment when it ships, like Amazon do?

To me this is one of the major issues in the 11/3/2016 announcement. Even if DJI was way off on their projected delivery dates (which they were and are), and unable to immediately correct the issue, the one thing they addressed was changing the prepay procedure.  This is something they have the control to change and they didn't in their next round of pre-orders. This is the type of behavior that makes many feel communications are just buying time, or blowing folks off.

They don't give any realistic answers, and they don't correct something that is within their control that would help rebuild trust in the company. Speaks to a lack of customer consideration.

In a way it's starting to sound like an abusive relationship... "I won't hit you again, hang in there I'll change".....  2 weeks later.. boom!

2016-11-18
Use props
jZMKUImEDcRh
lvl.1

United States

I too have seen what was left of my patience come and go. I now feel they were dishonest from the start by charging credit cards upfront, again by not posting accurate shipping information within days of the Mavic Pro pre-orders exceeding their production estimates, and again by not giving us real meaningful shipping estimates now. I understand you can't estimate orders taken through third party retailers but I ordered directly from DJI. I ordered straight from their site yet they can't tell me when they estimate my order will ship? The reason is simple... they are in damage control mode. Anyone with half a brain can see that. How could they not have known by the end of September or by the first day or two of October that the majority of customers would experience extremely long delays. It has been almost five weeks past their original release date and still nothing but the vague statements to pacify those people whom they have already taken a thousand or more dollars from... each!

Yet they can still make this right by most of us if they would simply come out with honest information. Let us know a real world estimate on shipping factoring in all that they now know. I let them slide on their first three or four missteps but this needs to stop. I wasn't upset until about a week ago. I am happy to see some are getting their product but apparently first come first serve also has no meaning to DJI. That is why not only should they come clean but also offer some type of compensation to those of us they have wronged. DJI it is time to bite the bullet and offer free DJI Care Refresh or a free battery. Something, anything... to show us all that this has not become what it looks like it has become.
2016-11-18
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

flipside Posted at 2016-11-18 14:19
Yes, I've read that. It's disingenuous. It's really saying nothing. They say "we will do our best to ...

I've had my order for the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo placed since the 9th November 2016 and have had no money being taken from my account yet, and I "paid" via PayPal. Contacted DJI Support and they told that my payment has been confirmed but money won't be taken until the order's been picked and dispatched. I do like this approach rather than have my money taken right there and then, and then be waiting for two months for the thing to actually arrive.
2016-11-18
Use props
Chet2323
lvl.2

United States

I ordered the same day and used Paypal and they took the money right away. Going to wait till Monday and I will cancel.
2016-11-18
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-11-18 23:54
I've had my order for the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo placed since the 9th November 2016 and have had  ...

You've ordered for the 2nd time though, i'm sure you cancelled your first order ... and I ordered from DJI on the 30th Sept using paypal, which charged me right away
2016-11-18
Use props
Gray Volk
lvl.2
United States

golden_blunder Posted at 2016-11-18 11:40
I just had my thread about not buying any more DJI products after this one deleted by the DJI Mods.  ...

You can get CX-20 if you want to. But I'm afraid you have no choice but DJI if you want the latest generation drone. There is no competition on the top market, Karma sucks and everything else isn't impressive either. None is even close. As for DJI, it has only two ways: 1. Expand, Mavic attracted a lot of new customers. 2. Make current owners want to upgrade. 1", 4K/60 is a serious upgrade, something most of P owners want.
2016-11-18
Use props
fans4d83514d
lvl.2

United States

Honestly they have been shipping everything they make to resellers because their orders were next in line and Apple, Best Buy, drone world, etc just received their orders so that DJI can focus on us that are next in que to receive the Mavic.
When Apple orders 50,000 Drones on the 28th of September DJI fills there order before the single order of one drone on the 29th.
2016-11-19
Use props
flipside
lvl.2

Spain

Well it seems like DJI are updating their big customers, but not the people who frequent this board.  Amazon effectively say that it is delayed indefinitely.
From amazon.co.uk

"Unfortunately, the manufacturer has confirmed that due to a manufacturing delay, your pre-order for "DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Drone - Grey" (https:///www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LY38V90) from your order #xxxxxxxxxxx has been delayed. We don’t currently know when we’ll be able to fulfil your order. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused."
2016-11-23
Use props
flipside
lvl.2

Spain

Amazon.co.uk

amazonUK.jpg
2016-11-23
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

I've had my order for the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo placed since the 9th November 2016 and have had  ...

For stilts and giggles I checked the DJI store and searched for the fly more combo today. I could not find it. Did they stop offering the combo because of all the delays / problems? Must be that Louis Vuitton DJI bag that is holding things up.

2016-11-23
Use props
flipside
lvl.2

Spain

Amazon UK has neither the combo nor the non-combo available. "We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock".
2016-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules