Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RMA Experience
3949 61 2016-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans628b7609
lvl.3
Flight distance : 234948 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Kevin16 Posted at 2016-12-7 13:29
And now I just got an email confirming the replacement has been shipped.  I can't help but be very impressed.  I only sent it to them on Thursday last week.

Well done DJI

I sent mine Thursday, only got the confirmation that they got it yesterday and is now sitting at conducting damage assessment. Mine flew perfectly as well so if they can repair all good but if i need to enact my refresh then so be it. Just seems like a slow process, hate to see what non priority service is like.
2016-12-6
Use props
fans628b7609
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fans628b7609 Posted at 2016-12-6 21:49
I sent mine Thursday, only got the confirmation that they got it yesterday and is now sitting at conducting damage assessment. Mine flew perfectly as well so if they can repair all good but if i need to enact my refresh then so be it. Just seems like a slow process, hate to see what non priority service is like.

Update i got a email yesterday evening to say they are assessing, so time line wise:

Thursday 1st Dec - picked up
Friday 2nd Dec - delivered @ 11am
Monday 5th Dec - nothing
Tuesday 6th Dec - got receipt confirmation and serial numbers.
Wednesday 7th Dec - Got damage assessment email, says 1-2 days.

So in the last week all that has happened is it got picked up and delivered and someone is looking at it. Was hoping to get it back before weeks end.
2016-12-7
Use props
Kevin16
lvl.4
Flight distance : 353642 ft
Australia

fans628b7609 Posted at 2016-12-8 09:07
Update i got a email yesterday evening to say they are assessing, so time line wise:

Thursday 1st Dec - picked up

I may have been prioritised ahead of you due to my issue being a common fault out of the box.
2016-12-7
Use props
fans628b7609
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Kevin16 Posted at 2016-12-7 17:17
I may have been prioritised ahead of you due to my issue being a common fault out of the box.

Yeah fair enough, mine had damage so at least it would be getting a thorough look over. Did you get yours delivered today? Did they ask you were to ship it to or did they just send back to the same address?
2016-12-7
Use props
Kevin16
lvl.4
Australia

fans628b7609 Posted at 2016-12-8 11:32
Yeah fair enough, mine had damage so at least it would be getting a thorough look over. Did you get yours delivered today? Did they ask you were to ship it to or did they just send back to the same address?

Haven't received it yet.  I don't have a tracking number for it so impossible to tell when it should arrive.  They are delivering back to the same address that it was picked up from.
2016-12-7
Use props
MuzzaPuppa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28750 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Right, image test done and it looks great. No dust under the lens anymore and the images are sharp all around the frame. I am yet to take it out flying due to weather but a good start.
2016-12-8
Use props
MuzzaPuppa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28750 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans628b7609 Posted at 2016-12-8 00:32

Iv not seen any come back to date that have been 'repaired' all seem to be brand new drones. This is quicker for them and I guess means you get it back within 2 weeks
2016-12-8
Use props
fanse6178818
lvl.1

United Kingdom

my experience so far has been good, i informed them i had a faulty gimbal last Thursday around 1pm, received a case number Thursday night around 11pm. Received my shipping label Friday morning and i immediately arranged for collection the same day. They received the drone the following Tuesday and it was unpacked awaiting assessment yesterday(Wednesday). The status has just changed to under repair and has given a 2-3 time scale. i am based in the uk and this was sent to the repair centre in the netherlands
2016-12-8
Use props
Heavysledz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

icarusknows Posted at 2016-12-6 11:29
micro-USB to USB-C:  yup, totally logically thought.  I ordered a cable from amazon a week ago.  the only thing it does is charge the controller from my phone.  I think the RC port on the side is slightly different.. u can probably tell that the DJI cable head is squared and not the normal trapezoid shape of a micro-USB.  Dunno if this is directly related, just my speculation.

I actually just got a notification that my issue has been resolved and I assume a USB-C cable will be mailed to me soon.

Look at the RC charge cable on you A/C wall charger. It will tell you exactly what type of connector it is. I don't have my Mavic yet so I can't tell you one way or the other for sure.
2016-12-8
Use props
Kevin16
lvl.4
Australia

Just got my replacement Mavic.  Looking forward to testing it thoroughly after work and getting some of the shots that were ruined by the original.
2016-12-8
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.4

Canada

Kevin16 Posted at 2016-12-9 12:06
Just got my replacement Mavic.  Looking forward to testing it thoroughly after work and getting some of the shots that were ruined by the original.

look forward to hearing an update.
2016-12-9
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.4
Flight distance : 562802 ft
United States

Got my one back too, seems to be a new Mavic - now flying flying flying :-)
2016-12-9
Use props
No1much
Second Officer
Flight distance : 143878 ft
United States

Shipped mine out on November 29th. It just arrived in Carson, CA today, and is undergoing damage inspection. Fingers crossed that the one scuff mark on it doesn't end up costing hundreds of dollars to repair my jello-y from the start gimbal.
2016-12-9
Use props
Kevin16
lvl.4
Australia

No1much Posted at 2016-12-10 05:25
Shipped mine out on November 29th. It just arrived in Carson, CA today, and is undergoing damage inspection. Fingers crossed that the one scuff mark on it doesn't end up costing hundreds of dollars to repair my jello-y from the start gimbal.

There was a scratch on the top of my Mavic caused by me when I sent mine in.  Didn't matter, they replaced it with a new one.

New one so far doesn't seem to have the focus problem and seems to fly just as well as the first.  I've avoided doing a firmware upgrade as I want to keep the Art style but also wanted to compare on same firmware version as the original Mavic.  Satisfied overall so far.
2016-12-9
Use props
No1much
Second Officer
Flight distance : 143878 ft
United States

Yay, I got "free of charge!" Now it says "repairing, allow 3 to 4 days for flight testing and quality inspections."
I'm fine with whatever they do since it looks like the result will be me getting the drone I bought, and it being as capable of photography and videos as I want.
2016-12-9
Use props
fanse6178818
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Dji repaired my drone yesterday and I was sent a ups shipping email. The status on the repair page though changed to delivered near enough straight away. Has anyone else had this?
2016-12-10
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.4

Canada

fanse6178818 Posted at 2016-12-10 21:24
Dji repaired my drone yesterday and I was sent a ups shipping email. The status on the repair page though changed to delivered near enough straight away. Has anyone else had this?

Yep, I got a bunch of emails. Received, assessed, quoted, repaired, tested, inspected, packaged, shipped. All in a day lol. They don't do anything past inspect your Mavic and replace it with a new one.
Mine should be here Thursday the 15th and I'm in Canada so it involves a trip through Canadian customs at Christmas time, so I'm hoping for the best here. I'm still waiting to see some post-RMA footage from the OP.
Let's hope he chimes in here soon.
2016-12-12
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.4

Canada

Then again, I like to think that when someone doesn't come back to the forum it's because they've had no issues and they're happily flying.
2016-12-12
Use props
icarusknows
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3166 ft
Canada

icarusknows Posted at 2016-12-5 19:29
I actually just got a notification that my issue has been resolved and I assume a USB-C cable will be mailed to me soon.

Although I got notification over a week ago that my case was resolved and I should be receiving shipping notification for replacement cable, I have not heard anything from DJI.  

The case query system says "verified" and nothing more.  very helpful :|
2016-12-12
Use props
fans3d2c0c91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391040 ft
United States

icarusknows Posted at 2016-11-29 14:29
Post RMA test done (not ideal conditions, so bear with me)

Note:

Can you give us a top-down clip from about 200ft with an on screen touch to focus in each of the separate four corners?

I'd like to see how yours compares to what I'm getting.  If you could {:4_181:}
2017-1-4
Use props
jshear
Flight distance : 2021 ft
Bahamas

I sent mine back by TNT express from Bahamas to California. It arrived to them yesterday but was not checked in. I called today and support told me they would make sure its checked in today. I hope it doesn't get loss in the process.

Cheers

Jeff
2017-1-4
Use props
icarusknows
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3166 ft
Canada

fans3d2c0c91 Posted at 2017-1-4 09:59
Can you give us a top-down clip from about 200ft with an on screen touch to focus in each of the separate four corners?

I'd like to see how yours compares to what I'm getting.  If you could

I haven't flown since my initial post-RMA test.. weather here is no bueno
2017-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules