733 3 2016-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dwaner65
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27300 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ive been flying drones since before the new FAA restrictions and as the title says Im still confused about the regulations. Yes I have registered with the FAA. When looking at the FAA B4ufly app. Im surrounded by warning action required areas which says I have to contact the airport tower before I fly. By the way Im in Ft Worth Tx. Now after watching some beautiful footage in and around metrpolitan areas, I know they have to be just as restricted as my area. Is everyone following the rules and getting permission to fly or just just flying. Also if you fly below 400'do the same rules apply. Thanks all.
2016-11-18
Use props
Wes1977
lvl.2
Flight distance : 363862 ft
United States

yeah, I was pretty PO about the B4ufly app.  It puts everything as a restricted area.  They put helipad of hospitals on there.  As I understand it, 400' is the max anywhere.
2016-11-18
Use props
fans64d72e33
lvl.1

United States

Hello, if you're flying as an enthusiast under model aircraft rules, and you wish to fly within the controlled airspace of an airport or within five miles of an airport, you must notify (different from get permission) the associated tower or airport ops (if there is no ATC) before you fly.  The 400' max AGL rule applies to all model aircraft.  Yes, there's a lot of footage online from areas which most modelers are not allowed to fly at.  Keep in mind some of these folks may have the appropriate permissions or waivers in place.  Some just risk it and fly illegally.  You may fly indoors within controlled airspace as the FAA doesn't control the air indoors.  Hope that helps!
2016-11-18
Use props
Dwaner65
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27300 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the reply. Yes answered my questions.
2016-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules