Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile Issue when using Filmic Pro
1605 0 2016-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mabou2
First Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all,

Well, I decided to try the Osmo Mobile.  I have a new iPhone 7 Plus, and based on reviews, I ended up buying the incredible FilmicPro software for iOS.  (For what it is worth, regardless of Osmo, you should buy Filmic Pro from the App Store... is it an incredible piece of software for photography and video on an iPhone (and Android).  Takes it to the next level.

In order to define the bug, I need to explain the functionality a little...
Filmic Pro has an Osmo setting where the joystick can be used to set exposure and focus (and more) while shooting. Awesome to be able to use the joystick to lock, set, and adjust focus and exposure on the fly.  I use what the FilmicPro people call the "Exposure Slider" to pre-set two different exposure levels, then with a quick flick of the joystick to the left, you can switch between the two exposure settings... SUPER COOL if you are moving back and forth between a bright area and a dim area.  also, as an FYI: you can return the joystick to normal operation with a single click of the trigger... pretty well thought out and immediately improved my shots.

But I digress.

SO... Here is the problem... When shooting with the Osmo and using Filmic Pro, as I turn a corner (while shooting), and I nudge the joystick to the left (to adjust the exposure slider), I can see and feel the gimbal nudge to the left as well.  If I stop moving, I can see that the Gimbal is no longer centered.  If I repeat this move, the gimbal goes farther off center to the left.  While in the Exposure Slider mode, the joystick operation should not affect the gimbal at all... it is supposed to be completely disengaged, but it isn't... which is the bug.

I naturally assumed this was a Filmic Pro problem so I contacted tech support at FilmicPro.  They immediately responded to me and have been fantastic.  (Great support by the people at FP).  They said this is a known problem (to both the Filmic Pro people and to DJI), and that the issue is within OSMO and that DJI needs to address it (Hopefully through software or firmware update).

Whew... too much explaining in this thread...   So DJI.... what say ye?  any fix for this problem on the horizon?

Matt
2016-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules