OSMO, OSMO Plus and OSMO Mobile reliability
934 3 2016-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tommy_Jai
lvl.1

Canada

Hi All,

Like everyone else, I am planning to purchase a OSMO. It doesn't matter if it is the original model, the Plus or the mobile. All of them are great stabilization devices if they work.

I know OSMO mobile doesn’t work with iPhone 7 Plus – ie. stable video/audio, no jittery or no pulsing. Some of you might suggest that disabling the optical image stabilization, get a third party app like Filmic Pro or wait for new firmware. We should not have to disable anything or get other app. The device should work the first time it came out of the box. Either way, OSMO mobile just doesn’t work as it intend to if it is pairing with an iPhone 7 Plus.   

For all the OSMO and OSMO Plus owner out there, how are you guys doing? Are you happy with your product? More importantly, does it work, it is reliable?

Tommy

2016-11-18
Use props
Turbolz
lvl.1

Italy

Really interested too..cmon guis tell us your experiences
2016-11-18
Use props
Turbolz
lvl.1

Italy

Really interested too...c'mon guys tell us
2016-11-18
Use props
Skint
lvl.2
New Zealand

My Osmo Plus has been away for warranty repair for over a month now so I can't comment on usability, but the empty box looks nice on my shelf. Given the Z3 is DJIs first zoom camera it was inevitable there would be some teething issues but at this point the focus issues on the camera might be permanent.

Given they have announced the X4S and X5S and that they will have a handle for them I would look into weather they will suit your needs. The camera specs are already up and we know the video processing is in the handle so there is already some bits there to think about.

The forums here themselves will give you all the info you need in regards to how people are finding the unit and how they are finding support. It also paints a clear picture of the disconnects between the various branches at DJI, products released before software needed to control it and features promised at launch still not active 6 months later.

Also check out videos people have made on youtube to get an idea of what you can get out of the products, if all you are doing it uploading footage to youtube sometimes getting the highest bitrate camera would yield much extra after the video is compressed.

My rule of thumb these days is that the device must work without a phone/tablet, if you can also use one with it fine - but you can't depend on apps, updates, batteries always working.
2016-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules