Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Aircraft Motor Overloaded. Check whether gimbal is removed.
22102 35 2016-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CalvinLynchAU
lvl.1

Australia

Hi all, hoping you can help me.

I've flown the Mavic Pro only 3 times to in a safe test environment (football field and harbour) and I'm now recieving the below error when booting up under the new firmware. I've attempted to recalibrate gimbal to no avail and this has all been tested on a flat surface.

• "Aircraft Motor Overloaded. Check whether gimbal is removed."

Under overall status it reads:
  • "Aircraft Motor Overloaded. Check whether gimbal is removed."
  • "Gimbal is restarting. Check that the gimbal rotates smoothly if restart fails again"

Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, absolutely gutted as I dropped +$2,100 on this only to have it fail after a 3rd test flight. After the long wait I can't help but be disappointed.

Hoping this can be fixed without sending back. Let me know what you guys think.

Cal

*** Update 1 *** It also switches randomly to "Gimbal Obstructured"

2016-11-19
Use props
CalvinLynchAU
lvl.1

Australia

*** Update 2 *** Gimbal calibration is also stuck in "restarting" when I check settings
2016-11-19
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839633 ft
United Kingdom

Sometimes I got all sorts of warning messages (including gimbal motor overloaded) when booting up the Mavic but only for few seconds in the beginning and they went away. I always thought it was just standard warming up procedure.
Maybe I am wrong, so would love to hear from other users as well.

BTW, did you remove gimbal clamp (not gimbal cover but clamp) before power on the Drone?
2016-11-19
Use props
Mooney
lvl.4

United States

Wandering Cloud Posted at 2016-11-19 01:16
Sometimes I got all sorts of warning messages (including gimbal motor overloaded) when booting up th ...

Small piece of plastic behind gimbal, easy to miss.
2016-11-19
Use props
Lepus
lvl.4

Canada

Wandering Cloud Posted at 2016-11-19 17:16
Sometimes I got all sorts of warning messages (including gimbal motor overloaded) when booting up th ...

I have received Gimbal Overload error about 4 times so far.  Sometimes I can fly, other times I can not in the same location shows that I can 14 satellites not sure what the deal is.
2016-11-19
Use props
Anoniem
First Officer
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Check post 7 http://mavicpilots.com/threads/m ... l-need-to-read.765/
2016-11-19
Use props
fans359c86f4
New

Vietnam

Exact same problem
2016-11-27
Use props
Warrior200
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Thermal wind {:4_181:}
2016-11-27
Use props
Impossible J
lvl.1
United States

Warrior200 Posted at 2016-11-28 02:03
Thermal wind

That guy's reminding me that as more people begin to get their mavics, the more this forum is going to get clogged with long, rambling troll posts. Not looking forward to it.
2016-11-27
Use props
Impossible J
lvl.1
United States

CalvinLynchAU Posted at 2016-11-19 17:14
*** Update 2 *** Gimbal calibration is also stuck in "restarting" when I check settings

This is just my two cents, hopefully someone from DJI will chime in on this... but I'd think that if this all started immediately after the firmware upgrade, Could it hurt to roll back to the original firmware, reboot, then update again. If you used the wifi/app method to update last time, maybe try it hard-wired with DJI assistant this time and see if that makes a difference?

2016-11-27
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Warrior200 Posted at 2016-11-28 02:03
Thermal wind

No doubt about it ... 100% thermal wind.
2016-11-27
Use props
fansea1e504f
lvl.1

United States

I am also getting  the gimbal obstruction  motor overload warning.  It goes away pretty quickly.  And my gimbal  seems to work fine.the last time I started  it up in didn't  get the warning.
2016-11-27
Use props
fanse6178818
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mine also says gimbal overload when turning on. Gimbal seems to get stuck for a second before clicking and going into place. Dji say to send it in but I don't really want to before my holiday as I known it won't be back in time.
2016-12-1
Use props
sarge43
lvl.3
United States

I get the "gimbal motor overloaded" message when first turning it on and it connects, but it lasts on the screen just a couple seconds then goes away.  Thought it was just a warm up thing, as it always goes away, and the gimbal works perfectly.  Hmm........
Sarge
2016-12-1
Use props
fansea1e504f
lvl.1

United States

sarge43 Posted at 2016-12-2 07:04
I get the "gimbal motor overloaded" message when first turning it on and it connects, but it lasts o ...

SARGE, same thing here exactly. I haven't had any issues except that warning.
2016-12-1
Use props
astolpho
Flight distance : 42543 ft
United States

I just got the same exact issue. It comes and goes away quickly but I did not notice any issues while flying.

Just to single out different OS'es,I tried both with an iPhone and an Android. Both get the same message and then disappears quickly.

I checked all gimbal posts and they all look ok as well.

Never crashed it and haven't flown much.
2016-12-1
Use props
astolpho
United States

Quick update, just now I turned it on and the gimbal dropped slightly to look down and I had no way to move it.

Turned it off, back on and worked ok.

This is odd... wonder if I should start an RMA?
2016-12-1
Use props
Mir
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

I get this issue 50% of the time during startup. I don't think it's a big deal, because it self corrects.
2016-12-1
Use props
astolpho
United States

Mir Posted at 2016-12-2 11:58
I get this issue 50% of the time during startup. I don't think it's a big deal, because it self corr ...

That's true. I never had it before and just got it today. Looks like it might be maybe an App issue? Or maybe the new firmware "tries to push" the gimbal too far from its limit and we get that error?

I left the Mavic hovering for the entire time and didn't notice any issues while flying..
2016-12-1
Use props
E30
lvl.1

United States

My mavic hasnt done this yet
2016-12-1
Use props
ty5
lvl.1

United States

E30 Posted at 2016-12-2 14:17
My mavic hasnt done this yet

Mine has done it, and now the gimbal will no longer work.
2016-12-3
Use props
KitesurfingDXB
New

Portugal

Just after an update, my mavic started doing this with the gimbal!
Showing: aircraft motor overloaded
Seemsike the gimbal is pushing to it's limits, and hits the inside several times until it stops and restarts!
Has anyone got this solved??
2016-12-31
Use props
ttittelbach.gma
Flight distance : 94636 ft
United States

I have this same issue...gimbal motor overload warring. This started happening with the very first power-up. My gimbal moves freely and nothing seems to fix it. I've waited 3months for my Mavic and it's DOA!
2016-12-31
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

ttittelbach.gma Posted at 2016-12-31 19:08
I have this same issue...gimbal motor overload warring. This started happening with the very first power-up. My gimbal moves freely and nothing seems to fix it. I've waited 3months for my Mavic and it's DOA!

" I have this same issue...  I've waited 3months for my Mavic and it's DOA! "

Drama queen much?

It is a warning that is quickly desolved and seems to have zero effect on quality or operation, please explain how you come to claim your unit is DOA!

Or are you saying you have a separate issue with a non responsive and non functioning gimbal??

2016-12-31
Use props
JDBull
Second Officer
Flight distance : 917054 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had my Mavic about six weeks and never had the "gimbal motor overload" warning until yesterday.  I still flew anyway with no other issues. The weather was 32 degrees with 10 mph winds. When I landed I rotated the camera up and down and I felt it would stick a little at about 45 degrees down. I went out today and I flew two batteries without any gimbal warnings.  The Mavic performed perfectly today in 39 degrees and very little wind.
2017-1-1
Use props
fansc6038525
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1470308 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have the same problem. Did you get it resolved?
2017-1-2
Use props
ttittelbach.gma
Flight distance : 94636 ft
United States

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2016-12-31 20:28
" I have this same issue...  I've waited 3months for my Mavic and it's DOA! "

Nothing dramatic about it. Just as the original post states, did you read it? After going through all the usual steps of starting a new MR for the first time, I'm getting warnings that the gimbal motor is overloaded and the gimbal will try to restart. The gimbal does not function and is unresponsive to remote commands.

Restarting does not correct the problem. Downgrading the FW doesn't help nor does recalibrating all the sensors....IMU, compass, remote, etc.
2017-1-2
Use props
Bart - Mavic (p
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I had the same problem, Gimbal wasn't working at all - just coming with error warnings "gimbal motor overloaded" & Motor Obstructed"..
http://forum.dji.com/thread-76943-1-1.html
My mavic pro is Currently in Netherlands in DJI under RMA repair- will see what is going to happen..
2017-1-2
Use props
David Pumpkins
lvl.3

United States

I had the same problem... wel not had cuz I have it every now and then... the gimbal goes easy and then points downwards saying overloads
2017-1-3
Use props
RaunCQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20335 ft
United States

If this helps folks... I was flying my drone in Hawaii when the gimbal error started popping up and gimbal wouldn't move.

Try rotating the gimbal left to right very slowly and slightly, there was some salt like obstruction that i could hear... slowly move it a couple of times and should work fine... It has happened to me a twice now.

Cheers... Hope this helps... otherwise please connect with DJI
2017-6-3
Use props
Kostia
lvl.1
United States

The same problem for me after not using drone for 2 months, Auto adjust stuck in 5% sometimes it went to 60 percent but then failed again.
2018-11-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kostia Posted at 11-8 07:09
The same problem for me after not using drone for 2 months, Auto adjust stuck in 5% sometimes it went to 60 percent but then failed again.

Refresh the firmware
2018-11-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

Impossible J Posted at 2016-11-27 10:22
This is just my two cents, hopefully someone from DJI will chime in on this... but I'd think that if this all started immediately after the firmware upgrade, Could it hurt to roll back to the original firmware, reboot, then update again. If you used the wifi/app method to update last time, maybe try it hard-wired with DJI assistant this time and see if that makes a difference?

that would be great.. but when I got my mavic pro back on the 3rd of Nov.. it shipped with .03.xxxx firmware from 2017 .. once I updated to the .04.xxxx firmware series .. DJI blocks going back to .03.xxxx so I am stuck with my issues like yaw magyaw deviation, uncommanded aircraft heading drift, lateral drift while flying straight etc.. until DJI figures out when the messed up..

and no  assistant won't help.. not an option to go back past .04.0100
2018-11-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
United States

fanse6178818 Posted at 2016-12-1 14:52
Mine also says gimbal overload when turning on. Gimbal seems to get stuck for a second before clicking and going into place. Dji say to send it in but I don't really want to before my holiday as I known it won't be back in time.

yep and you will likely get a refurb unit for your trouble.. with god knows how many hours on it or crash history
2018-11-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
United States

what firmware version is this happening on.. I am at.. and purposely staying at .04.0100 as opinions have this as having the least issues..

I have no overloads yet.. and even did gimbal calibration with neewer ND filter on .. no issue...
2018-11-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
United States

RaunCQ Posted at 2017-6-3 09:17
If this helps folks... I was flying my drone in Hawaii when the gimbal error started popping up and gimbal wouldn't move.

Try rotating the gimbal left to right very slowly and slightly, there was some salt like obstruction that i could hear... slowly move it a couple of times and should work fine... It has happened to me a twice now.

small gain debris in the mechanicals.. great.. not like the drone will be around dust and dirt taking off 2 inches off the ground on stubby landing gear..

looks like I will have to start using my mat religiously to avoid yet another design issue

2018-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules