Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Motor Overloaded. Aircraft will decelerate to ensure safety."
9557 29 2016-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cmartin3977
Second Officer
Flight distance : 304744 ft
United States

I just recently bought a second hand dji inspire 1 with 14 flights and I am getting  "Motor Overloaded. Aircraft will decelerate to ensure safety." Errors when  I am  accelerating up at 3/4 stick and above, also  headed into a headwind. Any reason why this might be and is there a fix for it?  
  Also I noticed that when landing that the landing gear doesn't come down when descending until I am about a  little over a foot above the ground.  A little too late in my opinion, is there a way to Change that? Thanks!!
2016-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Cmartin3977, have you tried to do the IMU calibration on a completely flat surface?
I think you need to send it in for further evaluation.
2016-11-21
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Not sure about the motor overload situation , but the 1 foot or so off the ground is about what mine does also , just bring it down slow, there is no adjustment that I know of.

donnie
2016-11-21
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

It is telling you that the motors are at 100% output and can't provide any further acceleration.
This is common, especially into a strong headwind when the Inspire is struggling to make forward progress.

I have had a few moments like this in alpine areas while heading back to my home point and winds have sprung up - can be very disconcerting!
2016-11-21
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-21 18:20
Hi Cmartin3977, have you tried to do the IMU calibration on a completely flat surface?
I think you n ...

Mindy - nothing the OP posted bears any relevance to an IMU calibration issue.
He is attempting a fast climb into a headwind - this is just a case of the aircraft hitting a performance limitation.
2016-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-11-21 18:59
Mindy - nothing the OP posted bears any relevance to an IMU calibration issue.
He is attempting a  ...

For the landing gear issue, it's worth trying to do the IMU calibration.
2016-11-22
Use props
Movin on
Second Officer
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

Where are you flying?  If at higher altitude, you may experience reduced performance and motor overload with the standard 1345 propellers.
2016-11-22
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

This is standard. The warning is to reduce battery drain at high current load.

As for the landing gears. Just hover a little before you land. Those of us who hand catch landings don't want greater sensitivity.

Never had a crash with an inspire in hundreds of flights. Its a very reliable craft.
2016-11-22
Use props
SkyHigh UAV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2838921 ft
Australia

I manually deploy my landing gear, alot better than the auto setting.
2016-11-23
Use props
Cmartin3977
Second Officer
United States

Hey guys, mindy,
I did an IMU calibration and it really didn't seem to help much , I haven't received the motor overload warning on my last few flights, probably because I was taking it easy.  I understand that at full stick into wind or full climb that it puts additional stress on the system, but I don't feel like reducing performance when your already struggling into the wind is the answer. This need to be addressed.  As far as the landing gear goes, perhaps and adjustment  needs to me made. Needs to come down at about 6 feet so your not stuck waiting  to on the landing gear to come down to land.  One more thing that needs to be fixed is the camera will not center proper to the aircraft no matter what I do, it's alway centering 5 to 10 degrees to the right. This is a documented issue with others as well. I can fix it only by taping the app screen and adjusting by my finger.
2016-11-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Cmartin3977 Posted at 2016-11-26 00:38
Hey guys, mindy,
I did an IMU calibration and it really didn't seem to help much , I haven't receiv ...

Just to clarify, are all the components up to date with the latest firmware? Have you tried cleaning the VPS and that all the screws are secure for the landing gear issue? Are you using the X3 camera or an X5 series camera? Have you already tried an IMU calibration and then a gimbal calibration in that order for the gimbal alignment?
2016-11-25
Use props
Cmartin3977
Second Officer
United States

Hi Jaime,
1.8 on the aircraft 6.0 on the controller. I went to the latest fw but rolled back do to the screen cutting out real bad . This combo is better. Haven't tried cleaning the VPS , but the visual inspection shows it to be clean.  Screws Are tight. Running the x3 camera. I have done the IMU calibration and gimbal in the correct order. Is there any chance in loosening the whole camera mount assembly and rotating it slightly to set the camera straight?
2016-11-25
Use props
Cmartin3977
Second Officer
United States

Cmartin3977 Posted at 2016-11-26 11:31
Hi Jaime,
1.8 on the aircraft 6.0 on the controller. I went to the latest fw but rolled back do to ...

I meant 1.6  not 6.0
2016-11-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Cmartin3977 Posted at 2016-11-26 11:31
Hi Jaime,
1.8 on the aircraft 6.0 on the controller. I went to the latest fw but rolled back do to ...

The issue is either with the connection point from either the camera side or the gimbal side. Did the previous owner ever mention whether this aircraft was in a hard landing before?
2016-11-25
Use props
Cmartin3977
Second Officer
United States

Jamie,
Not that I am aware of. So what do I need to do at This point? Can I just buy new parts to put in? I really don't want to send it in not knowing the costs involved this close to the holidays.
2016-11-26
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

Cmartin3977 Posted at 2016-11-26 13:41
Jamie,
Not that I am aware of. So what do I need to do at This point? Can I just buy new parts to p ...

Hello,
     I really think you should bring everything up to date and then test from there.  As for the camera, mine isn't perfectly centered either, but I don't think it's quite as bad as what you describe.  Is there any chance of finding a DJI authorized service provider in your area and having them test a different camera on your drone?  Also, a picture of mine showing up to date.

IMG_0137.PNG
IMG_0137.PNG
2016-11-26
Use props
Cmartin3977
Second Officer
United States

I had it up to date, but the video reception was horrible , so it took it back to 1.8 and it was much better
2016-11-27
Use props
mikes1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1740699 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had a Pro for 9 months and it has worked perfectly with the exception of a few glitchy firmware updates along the way. Mine started giving me the same warnings about two weeks ago right after a transmitter update I performed in the field. I don't think it has anything to do with the motors and everything to do with the firmware or a combination controller and aircraft firmware. Mine will give me a warning after 5 minutes in the air flying in zero wind with a 65 degrees air temp flying at 1/4 throttle. When if does give me a warning I can still fly a full speed for a normal length of time...... but I could be wrong....
2016-11-27
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

mikes1 Posted at 2016-11-27 14:08
I have had a Pro for 9 months and it has worked perfectly with the exception of a few glitchy firmwa ...

You are fine , it happens on mine all the time , it is just to protect the batteries and speed controls- motors  from getting fried.  This was done several updates ago as some systems were failing in flight and this was DJI solution .

donnie

2016-11-28
Use props
Cmartin3977
Second Officer
United States

Has anyone come up with a fix for the camera being off center to the craft when it centers?
2016-11-30
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

Cmartin3977 Posted at 2016-11-30 08:25
Has anyone come up with a fix for the camera being off center to the craft when it centers?

Being slightly off center is normal , Are you talking about the X3 or X5 ?  I own both of these cameras my X5 is off a degree or 2 on the ground but in the air does not make a bit of difference .  

If the Horizon is not level you can press the C2 on back of RC and push down the ISO wheel and scroll , this will bring up a green cross on the Go app and you can adjust accordingly .

Make sure you have done the IMU calibration and then immediately follow that with a camera gimbal calibration making sure you are on a perfect  flat level surface .

Hope this helps

donnie
2016-11-30
Use props
Cmartin3977
Second Officer
United States

It's the original x3 , I never did check level on our table, doesn't seem out of level when I calibrate. I will check tho.  Thanks for the advice!
2016-11-30
Use props
victorgo3
lvl.1

Singapore

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-11-22 17:01
This is standard. The warning is to reduce battery drain at high current load.

As for the landing gears. Just hover a little before you land. Those of us who hand catch landings don't want greater sensitivity.

Yes, like to affirm that Inspire Series aircraft is very reliable. I have both i1 and i2. Both are solid performer. Motor overload is just to warn you the max capacity is reached. I was successful in chasing the fixed wing RC planes while I struggled greatly with the Mavic.
2017-11-26
Use props
victorgo3
lvl.1

Singapore

victorgo3 Posted at 2017-11-26 17:27
Yes, like to affirm that Inspire Series aircraft is very reliable. I have both i1 and i2. Both are solid performer. Motor overload is just to warn you the max capacity is reached. I was successful in chasing the fixed wing RC planes while I struggled greatly with the Mavic.

Plane Chase footage
2017-11-26
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Singapore

Very impressive footage and nice location as well.
2017-11-30
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Singapore

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-30 10:33
Being slightly off center is normal , Are you talking about the X3 or X5 ?  I own both of these cameras my X5 is off a degree or 2 on the ground but in the air does not make a bit of difference .  

If the Horizon is not level you can press the C2 on back of RC and push down the ISO wheel and scroll , this will bring up a green cross on the Go app and you can adjust accordingly .

As always, right on the money advice Donnie!
2017-11-30
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-11-30 09:02
As always, right on the money advice Donnie!

Now if I could only convince my wife  Of how good I am .

LOL

donnie
2017-12-3
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great camera work
2017-12-3
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Donnie * Posted at 2017-12-3 06:39
Now if I could only convince my wife  Of how good I am .

LOL

You can return me the favour!
2017-12-15
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've owned several different inspire versions, i can say with confidence that there is nothing wrong with your inspire, happy flying....
2017-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules