How do you use your MAVIC?
1233 10 2016-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MHM1170
lvl.2

United States

I have read hundreds of post in this forum and it seems nobody is useing their drones professionaly for photography or videography.  What are you guys doing with your drones........?  why did you buy the MAVIC ?   
My goal is to get my license as a proffesional licensed drone pilot then go out and find work.  If you guys just want to fly in circles your buying the wrong drones and waisting your money.

2016-11-19
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

No offence buddy but the Mavic isn't aimed at a professional level anyway  .. sure its good, but its not a pro drone. If you wanted to get work as an Arial photographer etc, i'd suggest an inspire 2 with infarred cam etc etc etc

I bought mine for loads of reasons, but mainly for holiday filming, filming the family on trips etc but all leisure.
2016-11-19
Use props
MsSea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30344 ft
United States

Well, I bought mine because I travel frequently and want to be able to take aerial photos and videos. I was in Cuba last month and the whole time I was there I was wishing I could get some aerial shots of Havana. That's when I decided I needed a drone. This is actually my first drone ever. I am a freelance photographer as well so I may find some use for it in my line of work but after playing with it yesterday evening I do not feel the camera is that great. It's good, but not great. I'm going to test it in a little bit to see how it performs in good lighting but I can say the low light capabilities of the camera are gross.
2016-11-19
Use props
fansa7077f18
lvl.2
Flight distance : 368579 ft
United States

The Mavic isn't for professional use. I use mine to take photos and videos of places I go for fun, but if you want to do anything professionally you should really get at least a phantom 4 pro. Don't use anything with a 1/2.5 sensor!
2016-11-19
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

You're funny...  You purchased the wrong drone for professional work, but tell us we bought the wrong drone to use for a hobby.
2016-11-19
Use props
eyecapture
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

MsSea Posted at 2016-11-19 15:38
Well, I bought mine because I travel frequently and want to be able to take aerial photos and videos ...

Good thing you didn't have a drone in Havana...

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/tor ... nnections-1.3116690
2016-11-19
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

I think YOU bought the Mavic for the wrong reason OP. As others have pointed out, the Mavic really is not a "professional" photography/videography platform. It does produce great results and of course can be used in certain professional applications, but if you're going to be doing serious commercial work you would be better off with at least a Phantom 4/Inspire 1 or newer. Although the Mavic's size lends itself for indoor real estate work, the wider FOV of the Phantom 4 is probably a bit better for that application.
I bought the Mavic for casual videography as well as the fun of flying. I've been flying 3D RC helis for years and thought the Mavic would make for a great portable aircraft.
2016-11-19
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

I don't see why you couldn't use it for professional work. It is perfect for Real Estate to take aerial photos of a property. No-one will complain about the quality. An Inspire 2 would be overkill.

The P4P would be a better choice then, but the portability, makes it less handy. I'm going to use the Mavic for real-estate.
2016-11-19
Use props
AusAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425049 ft
Australia

It lends itself to limited commercial use. Filming in tight spaces (although you'd get a phantom into the same spaces) slow moving objects and slow drone movements. It can't handle anything fast.

I use bought it for travel and to get a different perspective on my trips to remote areas rather than the vehicle or tripod mounted cameras. Its also a whole heap more portable than my other drones which often get left home on longer trips as there sismply isn't the room to safely store them.
2016-11-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

And we can see your work where ?
2016-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now