Wifi Controlled Flight Logs
818 2 2016-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chaser720
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400190 ft
United States

Tried out the Wi-Fi flight for the first time today and I had a couple of issues.

First being I lost connection trying to use the Active Track mode. I was about 50 feet away and walking back towards the drone still wouldn't reconnect. I'm guessing my phone jumped back to my home Wi-Fi signal which is my problem. Here's where things started acting funny... The drone help position for 20 seconds or so then started decent to land. Cool. I'm still happy. It reached about 6 inches from the grass and starting rising again. Up to about 20 feet and headed towards my home point (which was about 10 feet from where I lost signal).

The drone then went past the home point and started decending on my roof about 30 feet away. Fun fact of the day... the Mavic can land on a roof with a 30 degree pitch. ha Some scrapes on the props and landing gear but it came to a stop up there. Had to climb up there to get it.

And my main concern is there are no logs in the DJI GO app about this flight to upload. Do Wi-Fi flights not generate data logs? Seems a bit wierd.
2016-11-19
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Canada

EDIT: So the log finally synced. Looks like the home point was set to my roof. Interesting. I'll have to watch the home point setting after I take off next time. I know I had good GPS signal when I took off.

SO a follow up question would be about the RTH altitude in Wi-Fi mode. It has to be a different altitude than RC right? My RTH altitude is set at 125 m so that would take it way out of Wi-Fi range. Not at home so can't connect and check.
2016-11-21
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Canada

Chaser720 Posted at 2016-11-21 09:31
EDIT: So the log finally synced. Looks like the home point was set to my roof. Interesting. I'll hav ...

And to answer my own question... the Mavic functioned as it was suppose to. Still a little weary on the home point accuracy though.

2016-11-21 10_49_30-Mavic Pro User Manual v1.0 20161107.pdf.png
2016-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules