Cable needed Please Help
1073 7 2016-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heliphlier
lvl.1

United States

Hello everyone. I am having a bit of trouble finding a replacement coal RF antenna cable that connects to the flight board and runs down the legs and connects to the little rectangular PCB that is in each leg. I am not sure what it is called but I believe it is a RF coax cable with a U.FL IPEX MHF3 size female connectors but I am not certain. Anyone happen to know where I could find a replacement. Doesn't have to be a DJI product as long as its long enough and the connectors are the correct size. It looks basically like this cable here
You would be a great help if anyone can shed a bit more light on the correct name and size of the cable. From there I might have better luck locating one. Thank you so very much for any help you might be able to give in this matter. My uncle is very bummed out cause he ran his phantom 4 over in the yard today. I would really like to fix it for him. Thanks again folks.
2016-11-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You might have better luck, doing a search on eBay for your cable.

Good luck, I hope that it can be acquired, in a timely fashion.

RedHotPoker

2016-11-19
Use props
Heliphlier
lvl.1

United States

I wish I could find an exploded parts view for the Phantom 4that would help. I don't know if I were to call DJI if they would understand what I am talking about. I have found places that sell cables like what I need but I am not sure if it is the correct size connectors. On the back of the connector it has a IPEX 15 stamped on the back. I have to believe that my uncle isn't the only one to have broken the landing skids and severed the wire. There must be a replacement somewhere. I need someone from DJI to chime in that is familiar with this cable. Thanks bro I have been looking on eBay with no luck.
2016-11-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yes, it may be a difficult part to access. But there are guys who strip down brand new drones, just to part them out.

Surely there are some who have this cable available, if DJI won't send you one, for a nominal fee.

RedHotPoker
2016-11-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

The picture in the link you dared isn't any help.
Could you take a closeup picture of the actual cable, on the Phantom, which you are searching for?

That might Might make it a little easier, for others to help you acquire that correct one. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-11-19
Use props
Heliphlier
lvl.1

United States

Yeah I will have to run up country to Kula to snap the picture but I am most likely going to see my uncle today. I will post it as soon s possible. Thanks again bro
2016-11-20
Use props
Heliphlier
lvl.1

United States

I found this tear down of the P4 and now know the severed wire is actually a compass cable that runs down the legs. Hopefully that helps. I will probably just have to contact the guys at DJI directly for it. The one needed is among the groupp of four gold connectors in the main body. It is the one grey wire that wraps from top down the left side then down the bottom left leg in the picture.   

2016-11-20
Use props
Heliphlier
lvl.1

United States

The part has been identified and found for purchase.The part is actually Part #26. I didn't think they would sell the cables already in the legs. I would have thought they would have charge you again for the wires. Thank you so much my friend for all of your assistance and patients. I will be very happy to get my uncle in the air again.
2016-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules