Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My first crash at night : DJI could you look into this
1997 14 2016-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LaCcTv_com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54885 ft
United States

So just got in after climbing the roof of a commercial building next to me after the mavic crashed.

Please have a look at the video it happens at the end of video.

you can see it veer off onto the building

so while cruising at 200 feet for a while i used the return home fuction it came back just fine then hoverd for 48 sec then I pulled the stick down, it came down then when it got close to the building i moved the stick to the left then the mavic forced its way towards the building and crashed on the roof.

DJI could you look into this???

and if someone could tell me how to get the flight logs I would appreciate it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wWShneuUOFo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2016-11-19
Use props
AusAir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 425049 ft
Australia

Out of VLOS and flying at night.

I'm going with pilot error.
2016-11-19
Use props
LaCcTv_com
lvl.1
United States

AusAir Posted at 2016-11-19 21:52
Out of VLOS and flying at night.

I'm going with pilot error.

why would it just vear like that?
2016-11-19
Use props
AusAir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 425049 ft
Australia

Replay the flight from the Go App and check your stick inputs. Looks like you panicked and went the wrong way.
2016-11-19
Use props
LaCcTv_com
lvl.1
United States

AusAir Posted at 2016-11-19 22:05
Replay the flight from the Go App and check your stick inputs. Looks like you panicked and went the  ...

i assure you i didn't.
2016-11-19
Use props
fullswing
lvl.3

United States

"Crashed" on the roof? At what point in the video?

Looks like you landed it on the roof.
2016-11-19
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.4

United States

AusAir Posted at 2016-11-20 14:05
Replay the flight from the Go App and check your stick inputs. Looks like you panicked and went the  ...

Honestly seems like you moved the stick in the wrong direction, maybe as a result of not being sure of the orientation of the quad. But as was mentioned, review the stick inputs in the Go App. You can record them and post the video of that here to help rule that out as a factor in the crash.
2016-11-19
Use props
LaCcTv_com
lvl.1
United States

dotfiles Posted at 2016-11-19 22:15
Honestly seems like you moved the stick in the wrong direction, maybe as a result of not being sur ...

whats strange is why did it hang in the air for long time and why head for the roof like it did?
2016-11-19
Use props
Sgt_Throatpunch
lvl.1

United States

Seems like pilot error. Night flying over traffic on your 2nd day with new hardware probably wasn't a good call.
2016-11-19
Use props
fansbb5b373a
lvl.1

Italy

out of VLOS for me is bettere no use the drone..

so in case you were able to reture the drone manually and not using the RTH,

rth is good  but if the sensor find a obastacle , if you don't calibrate the FAILSAFE RTH , the drone is not able to avoid them
2016-11-20
Use props
fans628b7609
lvl.3
Flight distance : 234948 ft
  • >>>
Australia

So did you use RTH on the drone, remember the drone uses the camera to find the right spot if its dark well.............
2016-11-20
Use props
fansce3b84f6
lvl.1
United States

Yeah, it would be good to know if RTH was still active.

Also OP, is there any chance course lock could have gotten enabled? I believe that could cause opposite movements than expected.
2016-11-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

https://healthydrones.com/?cm=3& ... vQ_qfbWcxoCl1Pw_wcB

Hi LaCeTv_com
Sorry to hear about your crash, you can upload you logs to above link, you really can't tell much from the video, but as Aus air said you can replay your flight in the app at the bottom of the screen you will be able to see stick movements.

Flying at night around a lot of buildings and other stuff that can cause interference it's a risky business,
You may need to speak to a dji mod here and he will be able to tell you where to load your logs for dji to look at, to see if it was a malfunction or not.

But make sure you sync your flight , you can also do this on your flight page sync flight in upper right hand corner.
Good luck..
2016-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please sync your flight records from DJI GO app and provide me with your DJI account email?
I'll help to check it.
2016-11-21
Use props
ENG101
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19642 ft
New Zealand

p.51 of the manual "If Landing Protection determines that the ground is not suitable for landing, the Mavic Pro will hover and wait for pilot confirmation".

Looks like RTH didn't like landing in the dark so was hovering. Did you see any prompts on the screen?
2016-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules