Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lost videos files on SD card
3442 9 2016-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Albatross911
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1708084 ft
Hong Kong

Did a single flight today for the sunset until battery down to 20% and the low bat warning happened. I took a few clips and made sure I stopped the recording before turning the Mavic off. However when loading the SD card in PC I can't find any .mp4 files. On Windows Explorer I can see a few GBs used on the SD card so the video files are taking up the space, as I did format the card before the flight. On my Android phone I can find the 720p down stream files in the folder DJI > DJI.PILOT > DJI_RECORD, yet on the SD card they are not there.
I took another 2 short clips at home and now they are on the SD card (the last 2 on my phone screen shot). Also did a HD directory analysis with WinDirStat and also can't see the files occupying the 6GB of space. Any way I can recover the earlier files?

SD card

SD card
Screenshot_2016-11-20-19-21-50.jpg
WinDirStat.jpg
2016-11-20
Use props
fansbb5b373a
lvl.1

Italy

if you use lexar you have a free program to rescue your files
2016-11-20
Use props
Albatross911
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1708084 ft
Hong Kong

It's not a lexar but tried with recovery software, could found a bunch of deleted old files but not those shot yesterday. It seems like the Mavic had used the space on the SD card storing the video data but not finishing the file save action. As I formatted the card before take off, the folder 100MEDIA was not there after the flight. It was only created after I took the 2 testing clips back home. So strange...
2016-11-20
Use props
fans813a6938
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15246 ft
France

This just happened to me to... Please tell me there is a solution.   An exact same scenario as yours above.  
2017-12-14
Use props
Time2Party
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169314 ft
Belgium

Did you format the card in the computer or in the MP?
I think its better to format the SD card in MP with the DJI GO app.
2017-12-14
Use props
ZOID
lvl.1
France

From memory I didnt format the card in the MP
2017-12-14
Use props
ZOID
lvl.1
France

I found them using Disk Inventory X.    They were in the trash!! In the original Folder.  NOTE TO ALL.  Dont format the cards on your computer.  Always format them in the Mavic....   Lesson learned.  No harm done luckily.
2017-12-14
Use props
Time2Party
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169314 ft
Belgium

ZOID Posted at 2017-12-14 01:34
I found them using Disk Inventory X.    They were in the trash!! In the original Folder.  NOTE TO ALL.  Dont format the cards on your computer.  Always format them in the Mavic....   Lesson learned.  No harm done luckily.

Like i say before, idd
2017-12-14
Use props
AliceSmith
lvl.2

United Kingdom

If you lost your video files by accidently.Please ensure not to add new files to cover them.Otherwise,you won't get them back.

And I suggest you to use professional data recover tool,which is the most efficient and most convenient method.

Also,there are many recover app in market.
2018-12-24
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sandisk  have  a professional recovery tool that is free with their cards. OR at least with the ones suitable for HD/4K  Video.

Recorded filles need to be closed/saved. So close the videos before the battery dies.  Never be tempted to push for the last bit of power out of the batteries as I suspect the aircraft will close off non-esential tasks, such as shooting video & saving files, so it can fly &  land safely.

As a side note it is always worth buying quality cards ie Sandisk/Lexar etc and buy them from a reputable supplier (there are many fakes sandisk/lexar about)
Note whilst Sandisk was bought by Wester Digital in 2012 in 2017, the Lexar branding and trademark rights were acquired by Longsys, a Shenzen, China-based flash memory company

2018-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules