Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tips: Loading NEW firmware to RC and AC- Insp. 1 Phantom ADV & PRO
16835 43 2016-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

VFX Guy Posted at 2017-12-13 10:39
Donnie,

You nailed it.  That was exactly the problem.  Thanks a lot!!!

Cool, glad I could help .

donnie
2017-12-13
Use props
fans057b3dde
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33415 ft
Canada

Donnie, you mentioned in your article how important is to update AC first and afterwards RC, and if you do it the other way... well you get the AC stuck with blue light ( travel mode) Always update the aircraft first.  This is Mandoatory in some cases during updates. For example on the Inspire 1 update 1.8 it must be done in this order to prevent problems with the aircraft getting stuck in Travel mode ." How do i fix this? how do i get the AC working again?, Million thanks! Bob K
2018-5-6
Use props
Donnie -
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

fans057b3dde Posted at 2018-5-6 08:18
Donnie, you mentioned in your article how important is to update AC first and afterwards RC, and if you do it the other way... well you get the AC stuck with blue light ( travel mode) Always update the aircraft first.  This is Mandoatory in some cases during updates. For example on the Inspire 1 update 1.8 it must be done in this order to prevent problems with the aircraft getting stuck in Travel mode ." How do i fix this? how do i get the AC working again?, Million thanks! Bob K

Bob if you are in this predicament and have updated to the VERY LATEST FW on the RC transmitter I dont know if you can fix it as rollbacks on the RC cant be done anymore since the latest update.  If you are on other updates that are not the latest one you can rollback the RC transmitter and then re link with the AC.
If that is the case let me know and I will point you in the right direction .

BUT

More than likely you have updated to the latest one and I think you may be in deep .

Let me know donnie
2018-5-7
Use props
Positveimage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2772 ft

Hi Donnie,
Thanks for your in depth explanation. I have a related topic which I could do with some advice on if it's at all possible.
I am running an Inspire Version 1 with an X3 camera although I had relatively little experience with this drone (some good, some bad!) before I was forced to mothball it whilst I was working away for about 2 years.
I have now come to revive it and I was amazed that the batteries still charged and, apart from the updates, I am good to go.
This is where my question starts, I have the following softwares loaded:

App - Version 3
Aircraft - Version 1.9.1.30
Remote - Version 1.6.0
Camera Version 1.8.1.00

As I recall, I had no issues last time I used it and, as I say, I have been out of the community for the last few years but have heard snippits of info regarding speed restrictions, and distance restrictions.
Obviously I want to get the best out of the drone but don't want to impose limitations on myself by updating to the wrong version, given where I am at the moment.
I live on a five acre farm so all my flying is done over my land so distance is not an issue for me, so in an ideal world I don't want to be limited.
Obviously the controller is saying updates are required for all but should I update and if so which version up to? Are certain updates mandatory?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.
2018-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules