Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote for Phantom 4 Wont Charge
337657 337657 2016-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
denisburkin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 117375 ft
Russia

The same problem, I completely despaired

I made my measurements

I fully charged the battery, by the way, she was vilified infected but when I put it in the panel displays 2 LEDs

I do not know what to do, since I live in Russia, and China bought a drone

2017-5-27
Use props
Disrupt
lvl.2
Australia

Dji forum administrators is there any possibility of you actually coming to us with an answer? It's all well and good you chiming in every 15 posts with a "were so sorry, we will escalate it asap, what's your case number". I'm sure in the last god knows how many weeks, someone at dji has had a look at this issue and gone "hang on, it looks like the (insert remote part here) is wrecked due to an error on our behalf. We should acknowledge it formally and take steps to rectify it."  Ring any bells?

Regards
Brickowner #7435
2017-5-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Disrupt Posted at 2017-5-27 15:43
Dji forum administrators is there any possibility of you actually coming to us with an answer? It's all well and good you chiming in every 15 posts with a "were so sorry, we will escalate it asap, what's your case number". I'm sure in the last god knows how many weeks, someone at dji has had a look at this issue and gone "hang on, it looks like the (insert remote part here) is wrecked due to an error on our behalf. We should acknowledge it formally and take steps to rectify it."  Ring any bells?

Regards

The DJI administrators are not necessarily technical experts, and the DJI technical experts do not come onto the forum for some unknown reason. Therefore, the administators can only help by directing the issue towards someone who may be able to help.
2017-5-27
Use props
denisburkin
lvl.2
Russia

Geebax Posted at 2017-5-27 16:13
The DJI administrators are not necessarily technical experts, and the DJI technical experts do not come onto the forum for some unknown reason. Therefore, the administators can only help by directing the issue towards someone who may be able to help.

What should I do ?
2017-5-27
Use props
Disrupt
lvl.2
Australia

I understand your point mate, but they are as close as we (the consumer) get to a point of contact with a tech. If there was another option to talk to some directly who deals with repairs and faults then bring it on.

When contacting support through the appropriate channels the answer is the same "we have notified the tech of your problem" "please fill out this form and send it in for repairs". "As your drone was not purchased in Aus you need to contact your supplier" They use the dji conditions and a shield for accountability for poor service.

Understand my anger as I have lost almost a thousand dollars in the last 2 weeks due to my drone being grounded. My last drone (phantom 2 vision plus) had a similar issue after the firmware tanked its ability stream picture to my device. I battled to get it repaired back then.

I am looking at 10 weeks to send my drone back via the retailer I purchased it from (dwi.com.au) who will receive it, say "yeah it's stuffed" then send it to dji to be fixed. Seems a tad backward.

Someone, somewhere needs to take accountability for these problems
2017-5-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Disrupt Posted at 2017-5-27 16:31
I understand your point mate, but they are as close as we (the consumer) get to a point of contact with a tech. If there was another option to talk to some directly who deals with repairs and faults then bring it on.

When contacting support through the appropriate channels the answer is the same "we have notified the tech of your problem" "please fill out this form and send it in for repairs". "As your drone was not purchased in Aus you need to contact your supplier" They use the dji conditions and a shield for accountability for poor service.

For many other products, the manufacturer will put some of their support or technical people onto their forum to help out people with problems, but DJI seem to shield those people from the forum. And it is quite understandable, because if they were on here, they would get bogged down by the sheer numbers of people with minor problems, that they would get no other work done. DJI is a victim of its own success, and despite protests from them about trying to fix the support issue, they have done little to make it work better.
2017-5-27
Use props
Disrupt
lvl.2
Australia

So what now.
2017-5-28
Use props
denisburkin
lvl.2
Russia

I checked the control panel board to issue it.
a marriage and guaranteed replacement DJI but does not want to acknowledge the problem

the problem is not in the batteries

I would be able to replace the component itself but I do not know how smd component on the board
2017-5-29
Use props
fans36f07ff4
New
Australia

I had a similar issue and this is the only thing that helped me and it fixed it

DJIthemselvess couldn't tell me this. Please share and I hope it helps.

2017-6-2
Use props
sosokruashvili
New

Georgia

I have exact same problem with my P4 and did downgrade to 1.6 version of firmware also tried 1.5.8 but no luck same problem.
2017-6-6
Use props
Crab Life
lvl.1
Flight distance : 768583 ft
United States

Help what to do with this RC battery issue got a $1500 drone that can't fly?
2017-6-7
Use props
HRussellMedia
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same issue here. Phantom 4 RC.
Charger pushed in 'firmly' as suggested. Firmware Downgraded to 5.243blabla the earliest one I could find. Now I can't even upgrade the firmware again because the battery on the remote is too low.
I mean seriously. I have owned the drone for about 5-6 months. I am sure this must be a firmware issue. I have tried draining the battery completely. No success.
Surely there is some way to factory reset the RC cleaning out all firmware and re-installing the latest firmware.

Please, can we think of some solution to this? Captain?
2017-6-7
Use props
HRussellMedia
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Proof
2017-6-7
Use props
Dan000
lvl.4
Flight distance : 89603 ft
United States

YES I too can't get the rc to charge any longer.  After reading so very many issues regarding the P4 RC no longer taking charges (both here and other discussion sites) it is clear to me that this is a HUGE problem to have so many P4 flyers having the exact same issue. They all seem to happen after a firmware update.

That got me thinking, I have a Galaxy J7 phone that suddenly stopped taking a charge. So, like with all Q's these days I googled it--sure enough there was a fix--can''t remember exactly what it was but it had to do with pressing certain key combos while powering it on.  I followed the instructions and bam!--it was fixed. ...this make me think that yes it is a firmware/software issue rather than  a bad battery.

So I downgraded my rc from 1.8 0 to 1.6--well the red light went away and all of a sudden I had 3 white lights showing with a green to the far left.  That did'nt last very long--as soon as I plugged it in to charge it went right back to the same thing--crap!  So I downgraded it to 1.5 something and again it looked like all was well until I plugged in and tried to charge.

No, I haven't found the solution, but this leads me to think software is the issue.

My biggest surprise and regret in this matter is the DJI does not seem to be doing anything at all about it other than to say "send it in".  They have got to be aware that this is not just a fluke bug that is happening here and there but a major problem---even the guys/girls that are taking them brand new out of the box are having this problem.

Like alot of folks out there I don't want to send my P4 in for repair and from the comments I've read wait weeks and weeks for it to be returned. (especially since I just bought a pair of dji goggles and am like a little kid awaiting their arrival).

Isn't there a tech genius out there in internet land that wants to be a hero to too many to count P4 fliers??
2017-6-7
Use props
Dan000
lvl.4
United States

fans4848d4ba Posted at 2016-11-22 03:33
This is why I am avoiding doing any of the updates. My drone is flying just fine how it is. Everything seems to be fine so no updates for me.

Boy you sure did the right thing!  
Can you let me know what firnware version are running on the RC and the P4?
please let me know--you can email me at :

dsmart@sccoast.net

any info I would be gratefull for.  Ive been grounded for a few weeks now and I have the dji goggles on the way.
2017-6-7
Use props
Crab Life
lvl.1
United States

Dan000 Posted at 2017-6-7 18:13
Boy you sure did the right thing!  
Can you let me know what firnware version are running on the RC and the P4?
please let me know--you can email me at :

https://www.all-battery.com/cart.aspx
2017-6-7
Use props
Crab Life
lvl.1
United States

Dan000 Posted at 2017-6-7 17:49
YES I too can't get the rc to charge any longer.  After reading so very many issues regarding the P4 RC no longer taking charges (both here and other discussion sites) it is clear to me that this is a HUGE problem to have so many P4 flyers having the exact same issue. They all seem to happen after a firmware update.

That got me thinking, I have a Galaxy J7 phone that suddenly stopped taking a charge. So, like with all Q's these days I googled it--sure enough there was a fix--can''t remember exactly what it was but it had to do with pressing certain key combos while powering it on.  I followed the instructions and bam!--it was fixed. ...this make me think that yes it is a firmware/software issue rather than  a bad battery.

https://www.all-battery.com/74vo ... ckwithpcb31185.aspx here's your batter fellas only takes about 10 minutes to change.
2017-6-7
Use props
Crab Life
lvl.1
United States

HRussellMedia Posted at 2017-6-7 13:59
Charger pushed in 'firmly' as suggested. Firmware Downgraded to 5.243blabla the earliest one I could find. Now I can't even upgrade the firmware again because the battery on the remote is too low.
I mean seriously. I have owned the drone for about 5-6 months. I am sure this must be a firmware issue. I have tried draining the battery completely. No success.

https://www.all-battery.com/74vo ... ckwithpcb31185.aspx
2017-6-7
Use props
Crab Life
lvl.1
United States

HRussellMedia Posted at 2017-6-7 13:59

https://www.all-battery.com/74vo ... ckwithpcb31185.aspx  thanks
2017-6-7
Use props
Crab Life
lvl.1
United States

2017-6-7
Use props
Crab Life
lvl.1
United States

2017-6-7
Use props
HRussellMedia
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Crab Life Posted at 2017-6-7 19:26
https://www.all-battery.com/74volt-6000mahli-polypackwithpcb31185.aspx  thanks

I understand this is the battery... but would that require taking apart the entire controller. Also surely you can't just pop open the hood and switch out the battery. This will void the warranty or something.

If you could clarify beyond just a link that would be awesome.

Thanks.
2017-6-7
Use props
Moneycue
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13068 ft
Canada

I have the same problem. Many people apparently have. This sure is something DJI needs to solve! Any suggestions apart from sending the RC in would be appreciated DJI!
2017-6-13
Use props
Dan000
lvl.4
United States

Crab Life Posted at 2017-6-7 19:25
https://www.all-battery.com/74volt-6000mahli-polypackwithpcb31185.aspx

crab life--the link you sent, is that the battery in the P4 controller?
2017-6-15
Use props
Crab Life
lvl.1
United States

Come to find out the battery has some kind of chip or board on it and can't be replaced that's why the new firmware update destroyed the battery you have to buy the whole remote which has me very P O and to top it all of I purchased a new remote payed $40 extra to get it within two businesses days and it's  still taking a week to get it, this is my first and last DJI drone I ever buy,when I get the remote I'm selling the this junk and buying a splash drone.
2017-6-15
Use props
Dan000
lvl.4
United States

Crab Life Posted at 2017-6-7 19:20
https://www.all-battery.com/74volt-6000mahli-polypackwithpcb31185.aspx here's your batter fellas only takes about 10 minutes to change.

Crab Life, the Tenergy battery you refered me to has two wires, the dji battery has 4.  Do I just splice them all together--?

I mean red with red and black with black and use the original connector?

Thanks,
Dan
2017-6-15
Use props
Crab Life
lvl.1
United States

Dan000 Posted at 2017-6-15 15:43
Crab Life, the Tenergy battery you refered me to has two wires, the dji battery has 4.  Do I just splice them all together--?

I mean red with red and black with black and use the original connector?

That's what I was told but the scary part is all it takes is another bad firmware update just like the last one to ruin the battery again.
2017-6-15
Use props
Dan000
lvl.4
Mexico

Crab Life Posted at 2017-6-15 16:02
That's what I was told but the scary part is all it takes is another bad firmware update just like the last one to ruin the battery again.

yeah--that plus the support.
2017-6-15
Use props
Dan000
lvl.4
Mexico

Crab Life Posted at 2017-6-15 14:49
Come to find out the battery has some kind of chip or board on it and can't be replaced that's why the new firmware update destroyed the battery you have to buy the whole remote which has me very P O and to top it all of I purchased a new remote payed $40 extra to get it within two businesses days and it's  still taking a week to get it, this is my first and last DJI drone I ever buy,when I get the remote I'm selling the this junk and buying a splash drone.

Crap--that makes sense and is why my battery shows fully charged!--the isnt telling the rc whats going on.

I think dji is too busy making money.  I'm with you . Think I'll move on to a platform that supports what they put out.  What would be comprable to a P4?
2017-6-15
Use props
Crab Life
lvl.1
United States

Dan000 Posted at 2017-6-15 16:49
Crap--that makes sense and is why my battery shows fully charged!--the isnt telling the rc whats going on.

I think dji is too busy making money.  I'm with you . Think I'll move on to a platform that supports what they put out.  What would be comprable to a P4?

Splash drone by swellpro mariner II is what I'm getting as soon as my new remote gets here I'm putting this p4 JUNK UP FOR SALE
2017-6-15
Use props
Dan000
lvl.4
Mexico

Crab Life Posted at 2017-6-15 17:32
Splash drone by swellpro mariner II is what I'm getting as soon as my new remote gets here I'm putting this p4 JUNK UP FOR SALE

yeah!  I just looked them over.  I sure would like to fly in the rain.
2017-6-15
Use props
Moneycue
lvl.1
Canada

So if I understand correctly, DJI sends out a firmware update which destroys a chip in the remote control and that's it? We are stuck with nonfunctioning equipment? This is outrageous. I think we all should change brands. My drone is less than a year old. I am already not amused by the number of upgrades/new products DJI released after I purchased my Phantom 4.
2017-6-16
Use props
fans42172e6e
New
New Zealand

hey all.... hows it going???

sorry i cant be bothered reading all posts...

it sounds like there are alot of iusses like this...

i have just had this issue and had to send it back to hong kong to get it looked at as no one in nz could look at it and as i got it from best buys in USA there was only 15 day warranty/garantee.

i had to pay for repair also. i was told it was a mother board issue inside the remote controller. was $183 USD to get repaired.

i had troubles sending it as as it had a battery in it. but it didnt take long to get sent back by DJI - i do thank them for that!!!!

any questions get at me... Cheers!
2017-6-16
Use props
ocean224
lvl.4
United States

Had to bite the bullet and send mine back.  4 weeks later I now have a working unit. I know of no other way to get it fixed.
2017-6-17
Use props
Saaber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26680 ft

Singapore

I had the same problem, send it back for repair and it was working right for a short while and then back to the same problem. So in the end I bought a 2nd hand transmitter GL300B and transplanted the main board and it has work fine ever since.
2017-6-17
Use props
fanse826ef9b
lvl.1
Argentina

HE WANTED TO CHARGE MY DRIVER, THE SAME WAS Unsuccessfully. THIS DOES NOT MAKE THE CORRESPONDING LOAD. I WILL GO UP A LINK TO YOUTUBE IN PRIVATE TO SEE AND VERIFY THE VERADICITY.

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR RESPONSE !!

In truth, DJI's response leaves much to be said. They seem amateurs and do not assume their responsibility are just excuses. It is unfortunate, I think, that we should make a judgment to lose time and money and irresponsible.

https://youtu.be/XiM7hB1T9bQ
2017-6-19
Use props
Crab Life
lvl.1
United States

After ordering my new p4 remote to replace the one that wouldn't take a charge and was only six months old last Wednesday June 14 payday almost $40 for a two business day shipment still isn't here yet and says it's in transit so please be aware of this is you happen to pay for the two business day shipment thanks.
2017-6-19
Use props
ZoccoliBrazil
New
Brazil

Hello, I'm from Brazil and I'm also having the same problem. There is an electronics technician on youtube who can repair by changing 1 or 2 components in control. Follow the link:

Does anyone know what these components are and where they are located on the board?
2017-6-23
Use props
Moneycue
lvl.1
Canada

I am still waiting for any response from DJI concerning this problem. It is not caused by us drone flyers but by malfunctioning/sabotaging software. I don't think it is fair to first cause this problem and then let your customers solve it themselves. So DJI.... what's your solution for this?
2017-7-4
Use props
BamaPilot
lvl.1
United States

I have the same issue, called dji today waiting on an email with the shipping info
2017-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules