Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote for Phantom 4 Wont Charge
337657 337657 2016-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansac42cbcb
New
United Kingdom

Same issue here! Had to fork out for a new controller while i send my old one for repair. Ridiculous!
2017-7-16
Use props
JAMES FOWLER
lvl.1
Canada

ngvuanh Posted at 2016-11-22 16:13
Again, I got the same problem and I sent it in.
RC was evaluated and replaced at no charge.
P4 RC costs $289 if I had to pay.

Are you having to pay shipping costs to send it in?
2017-7-17
Use props
JAMES FOWLER
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-20 19:01
Hi Nony, please try to reset the RC by below method.
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.

same thing is happening to mine. tried the C1+C2+shutter reset.. still doesn't work...  This seems like a common flaw. What is DJI doing to address this?   How does one get this repaired? So far this has been a disappointing first experience.
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

JAMES FOWLER Posted at 2017-7-18 09:36
same thing is happening to mine. tried the C1+C2+shutter reset.. still doesn't work...  This seems like a common flaw. What is DJI doing to address this?   How does one get this repaired? So far this has been a disappointing first experience.

We are sorry for the unpleasant experience. Please contact our support to send in the RC, we will evaluate the problem and help you to get it fixed. Here is the link to obtain support: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-7-19
Use props
Eharris
New
United States

Same problem with my controller. Sent it in for repairs in June, still no word
2017-7-21
Use props
fansd3436bb3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 661332 ft
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-25 12:34
To clarify, are you sending the RC back to the Support center in China? If so, could you please provide your case number so I can look into it?

I sent it back to einfinity who I purchased t from then they sent it to their supplyer ,what was next I have no idea but 6 months later I told them to send me a new RC. But somehow I don't think it was new, as it was not even in a DJI package when I received it, now  after first flight this RC. Is doing the exact same thing, Not fully charging, I did ask them for a case number but they couldn't or wouldn't give it to me, I don't want to send this one back for another 6month turn around. Please find a cure for this problem, Thank you
2017-7-22
Use props
AeroSistom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1423179 ft
United States

Wow. I just read through 86 posts on this thread because my RC started doing the same thing after just 4 flights. Tried most all suggested fixes to no avail. This really would have been good info to have before spending a small fortune on this drone! And so far it appears that all DJI can do is post an occasional reply of please contact support for assistance? They seem to be on a fast track to a bad reputation. This is a really terrible first impression on my first drone purchase.

Many of us are out here trying to build a business with clients already booked. Having to tell them sorry, my equipment isn't working and it'll be several months before I get it taken care of... and it appears from many comments that when the gear is finally returned, it doesn't even work! My first thought is that I'll just have to bite the bullet and buy a new RC while I try to get the original repaired or replaced but, some of you have said that your replacements are doing the same thing! Jeez!!
DJI, you really need to address this issue for us please. We purchased your product in good faith and we don't seem to be getting any true in return when it's obviously an issue that originates with you. We shouldn't have to jump through countless hoops  to get your help. So disappointed.

2017-7-23
Use props
fans1a42999a
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-22 00:31
Have you tried to charge the RC when it's turn off?
If still the same, I'd suggest you to send it in for evaluation.
I would suggest you to send it in for evaluation.

I also have the same issue.
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Eharris Posted at 2017-7-21 06:14
Same problem with my controller. Sent it in for repairs in June, still no word

Please leave me with the case number, I will help to look into the status.
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansd3436bb3 Posted at 2017-7-22 15:13
I sent it back to einfinity who I purchased t from then they sent it to their supplyer ,what was next I have no idea but 6 months later I told them to send me a new RC. But somehow I don't think it was new, as it was not even in a DJI package when I received it, now  after first flight this RC. Is doing the exact same thing, Not fully charging, I did ask them for a case number but they couldn't or wouldn't give it to me, I don't want to send this one back for another 6month turn around. Please find a cure for this problem, Thank you

How's that possible the repair turn around takes 6 months?
Please contact our support directly to send in rather than via vendor. Here is the link to obtain support: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-7-25
Use props
AeroSistom
lvl.2
United States

So, after my previous post, I went to Online Support who weren't able to offer any new information. He was nice enough but only offered re-booting options that had already been tried with the help of folks here on the forum. I ended up creating a trouble ticket. DJI emailed me a pre-paid return label right away and I got the remote on its way to their service facility here in California today. I'm hoping that since I'm in the same state that the turn-around time won't be too bad. I decided that I want to give DJI a chance to do what they do and take care of things through the proper channels. We'll see how that goes. I'll post updates as things progress. This company is basically at the top of this industry. I find it hard to believe that they'll just ignore obvious issues and not take care of their customer base. Hoping to come back with good news!
2017-7-26
Use props
Northwoods
New
Flight distance : 28445 ft

United States

ZoccoliBrazil Posted at 2017-6-23 05:43
Hello, I'm from Brazil and I'm also having the same problem. There is an electronics technician on youtube who can repair by changing 1 or 2 components in control. Follow the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNcH9qSWPDk

Does anyone know what these components are and where they are located on the board?

This guy in the YouTube video is on to something. My controller will not charge either and less than 3 hours of flight time. Very frustrating. How can DJI release firmware, basically bricking our controllers, and not have a fix yet??? I already downgraded my controller firmware to 1.6 and it did not fix it. I had major problems upgrading back to 1.8. I turned the AC on, then turned the controller on. I went into the fly screen and was prompted to update firmware to 1.92. Went for a flight this afternoon and drained the controller battery on the first 25 minute flight.
2017-7-29
Use props
AeroSistom
lvl.2
United States

Update on the return of my controller: I received an automated response from the California Tech Support Center stating that they received my RC unit. I'll count tomorrow (Monday) as the first of the five to seven business days to see if they continue impressing me with this. I have a feeling all of this is just the luck of the draw since I have a service center in my state. More to follow...

Dear Customer,

The item you sent to DJI for exchange has been received.
And your exchange is expected to be sent to you in five to seven business days. Please visit our Repair Progress Inquiry website or use the DJI Go app to view the exchange progress.
2017-7-30
Use props
corey1
New
Flight distance : 201549 ft
United States

I have a P4 Remote with the same problem. After firmware update it will not charge past 3 lights......crap 2 months out of warrenty. They say  the fix is to replace the remote my cost really....? Stay away from DJI products they do not stand behind them. Its your fault for owning it.
2017-7-31
Use props
Northwoods
New
Flight distance : 28445 ft

United States

I have confirmed the battery not charging is due to a manufacturing error. I just fixed my controller and am now getting all 4 lights and the controller is registering a full charge. I met someone in Brazil who knows how to fix it and he showed me. I did promise not to leak the details and my word is my bond. All I can say is that during the manufacturing process, certain components are not soldered correctly. The batteries are not the issue. All of these batteries should be good for 300-350 charge cycles, or 2-2 1/2 years of heavy use / shelf life.

If you have a controller that is acting up, still try to get it covered under warranty. DJI should be able to get the controller replaced or install a new "fixed" board. There is no guarantee the fix I did for me will last forever or the life of the controller.
2017-7-31
Use props
radha
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-25 21:49
I'm sorry to hear. If you just got it from a dealer, going through them would be the best course of action. DJI can take care of this for you as well, though Amazon may be a tad faster.

Hi, I have my drone for at about a year and have flown it at about 3 to 4 times for a short period and low distance since I am learning.  after a few months I used the last time, i wanted to use it. I put the battery to charge.  once the battery was charged I put the remote but it was only blinking one light and the red one.  I did the reset with not avail.  After plugin on and off, sometimes shows 2 and sometimes 3 lights blinking.  I left the drone and the control on and connected for some time and before the drone battery got to 3 bars the control started to beep and flash the red light.  What can I do?  Thanks
2017-8-2
Use props
fansd75d8414
New
Canada

Rather than opening up the controller and messing with what appears to be a tricky connector, couldn't we just use a lipo battery of the same power specs and plug it into the charger input hole?

2017-8-2
Use props
fansca3c1a9e
New
Canada

I have the same issues as other posts with the R/C controller, it seems to me that it is not worth the hassle to try and get it fixed when even Dji won't accept any liability for their products design faults.
I will try to sell mine to recover at least some of the costs and then I will get another from a different manufacturer. Then I will make sure many of my friends pass on the word to avoid
Dji phantom products. If Dji was concerned about their customers they should do the right thing and offer a solution to the problem that seems clearly to be theirs. If not Consumers of there products going through the same issues should start going through their Better Business Bureau's and consumer affairs to file complaints. Many consumers like myself understand that their may be issues with these type of products and all they ask for is the manufacturer when issues like these arise so often, is to find a solution then correct it, even good will should apply. It's sad that i will have to sell something that I like so much,
but it sounds like it could be a big money pit, I used mine for a total of less that 1.4 hrs. and at a cost of over $1,600 Canadian.
2017-8-10
Use props
3Drone
New
Flight distance : 56991 ft
Canada

fansca3c1a9e Posted at 2017-8-10 18:17
I have the same issues as other posts with the R/C controller, it seems to me that it is not worth the hassle to try and get it fixed when even Dji won't accept any liability for their products design faults.
I will try to sell mine to recover at least some of the costs and then I will get another from a different manufacturer. Then I will make sure many of my friends pass on the word to avoid
Dji phantom products. If Dji was concerned about their customers they should do the right thing and offer a solution to the problem that seems clearly to be theirs. If not Consumers of there products going through the same issues should start going through their Better Business Bureau's and consumer affairs to file complaints. Many consumers like myself understand that their may be issues with these type of products and all they ask for is the manufacturer when issues like these arise so often, is to find a solution then correct it, even good will should apply. It's sad that i will have to sell something that I like so much,

Same issue just happened here...I have had the 4 for months now and everything has been going well.  Yesterday I did a short test flight that went very well and noticed that I was being advised of a firmware update.  I did so and that is when my problems started...DJI needs to take some action after all these posts

I have no choice but to send the controller back for repair or at least this is what it looks like, but I do have a choice on where to spend the money for my next drone.

...frustrating
2017-8-10
Use props
AeroSistom
lvl.2
United States

AeroSistom Posted at 2017-7-30 10:51
Update on the return of my controller: I received an automated response from the California Tech Support Center stating that they received my RC unit. I'll count tomorrow (Monday) as the first of the five to seven business days to see if they continue impressing me with this. I have a feeling all of this is just the luck of the draw since I have a service center in my state. More to follow...

Dear Customer,

Tomorrow will be 14 days since I received the message from DJI Support that my RC has been received and a replacement will be sent out in 5 to 7 days... Still nothing. I even called the support center phone number and talked to someone who wasn't able to give me any specific information other than I will receive an email when it is sent out.
I keep debating to myself whether or not I should say screw it and just buy another remote so I can get back in the air. Has anyone done that? Problem is, the moment I hit submit on the purchase I'll get the message that my replacement has been shipped... I'll try to give it a little more time, I guess
2017-8-10
Use props
fansd3436bb3
lvl.2
Australia

fansd3436bb3 Posted at 2017-7-22 15:13

Hi DJI MIndy I have got intouch with who I bought the phantom from and sent the remote back to them to get fixed and it took 6 months to send a replacement because I bought on ebay and item was from china I am not covered under warranty in Australia, I just told them about the remote they sent me was worse as it only charges to 13%, this is what they had to say                                                                              
New message from: einfinityshop2  Top Rated Seller(18,277YellowShooting Star)
Dear stephen0603,

According to DJI warranty terms:

The replacement product or part provided by DJI may not be new, but it will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original product or part. A replacement product or part shall be covered for the time remaining in the original product or part’s warranty. Products and parts presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished products or parts of the same type rather than being repaired.

We are not able to ship you a new one since the replacement is provided by DJI and they also said it will not be a new one, if you wish to get a new one, our suppliers said the fee for getting a brand new one is 250 AUD.

http://www.dji.com/service/policy

Kindly note

Thanks
2017-8-11
Use props
fansd3436bb3
lvl.2
Australia

fansd3436bb3 Posted at 2017-8-11 02:54
Hi DJI MIndy I have got intouch with who I bought the phantom from and sent the remote back to them to get fixed and it took 6 months to send a replacement because I bought on ebay and item was from china I am not covered under warranty in Australia, I just told them about the remote they sent me was worse as it only charges to 13%, this is what they had to say                                                                              
New message from: einfinityshop2  Top Rated Seller(18,277YellowShooting Star)
Dear stephen0603,

With so many of the same problem with the Phantom 4 remote controller, why has there not been a recall on the controller?, DJI really need to do something about this controller not charging,   Its like a broken record                       Blair Tang (Support)
8月14日 11:34 CST
Dear Stephen,
Thank you for the reply and i am really sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Usually, DJI will take about two weeks to do repair.

Checking SN'045JDF22040970' in our system, your dealer has sent it to our HK office to do repair previously on 11st April but it returned on 28th April.

Regarding to this issue, i am really sorry to tell that repair is still required. please kindly contact with your dealer to send it back to do repair.

After we receive your aircraft, we will arrange the repair soon.

And you can check the progress in below link with the case number provided by your dealer.
https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace

Any further question, please feel free to contact us. We're always here to help.

Thanks for choosing DJI. Have a nice day!
Best Regards
DJI Technical Support
Website  http://www.dji.com/support
DJI – The Future of Possible
Office hours: Monday to Friday , 9:00AM to 18:00PM (HongKong Time GMT+8:00)
-----CONFIDENTIAL:

stephen worner
8月12日 21:14 CST
Attached is the one i sent away to get repaired i waited for 6months for them to send me one and the one they sent me has the same problem
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------
附件
20161206_063422.jpg

stephen worner
8月12日 17:18 CST
No this is the one they sent back to me in Australia and it is not fully charging
-------- Original message --------

Blair Tang (Support)
8月12日 17:11 CST
Dear Stephen,
Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

I am afraid that there is some misunderstanding.

Checking the SN '045JDE05020462' in our system, your case number is CAS-565277-Z9Z0B1.

We have finished the repair and send it back to your dealer 'OTG OnTheGo Ltd' on 28th April via DHL 4704219995.

Please contact with your dealer to have a double check.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for choosing DJI. Have a nice weekend.
Best Regards
DJI Technical Support
Website  http://www.dji.com/support
DJI – The Future of Possible
Office hours: Monday to Friday , 9:00AM to 18:00PM (HongKong Time GMT+8:00)
-----CONFIDENTIAL:

stephen worner
8月12日 04:41 CST
Hi i bought my p4 on ebay i had it for 2 months and the remote would not charge so i sent it back to china where i got it from for repair. I live in Australia. The thing is they had it for 6 months before they sent me a replacement one. I have had 2 or 3 flights with this rc and now it wont charge past 13%. So i let the people know who i got it from and asked for a new one i think they will not help me at all this is all they came back with. Can you please help me out. Attached is a picture of rc serial number thank you

Dear stephen0603,
The replacement product or part provided by DJI may not be new, but it will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original product or part. A replacement product or part shall be covered for the time remaining in the original product or part’s warranty. Products and parts presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished products or parts of the same type rather than being repaired.
We are not able to ship you a new one since the replacement is provided by DJI and they also said it will not be a new one, if you wish to get a new one, our suppliers said the fee for getting a brand new one is 250 AUD.
Kindly note
Thanks
Reply<https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e ... n0603&sojTags=bu=bu>
Dear stephen0603,
Dear stephen0603,
Kindly note
Thanks
- einfinityshop2
Your previous message
This Phantom 4 remote control you sent me is worse than the first one i want a brand new one not some second hand one, it is on charging to 13% i need a new one thank you, if nothing is don i will be getting in touch with dji to let them know i am not happy with you guys, just send me a new one in return i will send you this one back. and i do mean a new one as i know the one you sent me is not new
送出日期: 11-Aug-17 19:10:09 <calendar:T1:19:10:09> AEST
Dear einfinityshop2,
This Phantom 4 remote control you sent me is worse than the first one i want a brand new one not some second hand one, it is on charging to 13% i need a new one thank you, if nothing is don i will be getting in touch with dji to let them know i am not happy with you guys, just send me a new one in return i will send you this one back. and i do mean a new one as i know the one you sent me is not new
:T2:23%20Feb,%202011>
• Positive Feedback: 99.8%
Only purchases on eBay are covered by the eBay purchase protection programs. Asking your trading partner to complete a transaction outside of eBay is not allowed.
Email reference ID: [#a07-6cdulukc1q#]_[#9e76eb50f5094158b137b2e8ed762f86#]
We don't check this mailbox, so please don't reply to this message. If you have a question, go to Help & Contact<https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e ... Fhome&sojTags=bu=bu>.
eBay sent this message to Stephen Worner (stephen0603). Learn more about account protection<https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e ... .html&sojTags=bu=bu>. eBay is committed to your privacy. Learn more about our privacy notice<https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e ... .html&sojTags=bu=bu> and user agreement<https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e ... .html&sojTags=bu=bu>.
©2017 eBay Inc., eBay International AG, Helvetiastrasse 15/17 - P.O. Box 133, 3000 Bern<geo:0,0?q=P.O.%20Box%20133%203000%20Bern> 6, Switzerland
This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.
此电子邮件及附件所包含内容具有机密性,且仅限于接收人使用。未经允许,禁止第三人阅读、复制或传播该电子邮件中的任何信息。如果您不属于以上电子邮件的目标接收者,请您立即通知发送人并删除原电子邮件及其相关的附件。
附件
20170812_063923.jpg
Also lesson learned i will never buy from Einfinty on ebay again, i will be telling all my friends and their friends sn of original rc is 045JDF22040970, sn of the one i got back 6 months later is 045JDE05020462

2017-8-18
Use props
AeroSistom
lvl.2
United States

fansd3436bb3 Posted at 2017-8-18 20:55
With so many of the same problem with the Phantom 4 remote controller, why has there not been a recall on the controller?, DJI really need to do something about this controller not charging,   Its like a broken record                       Blair Tang (Support)
8月14日 11:34 CST
Dear Stephen,

How frustrating! I live in Northern California, we have a repair station in Southern California. I followed procedure and sent the R/C in for repair. It arrived within 48 hours and I received and email from them saying the replacement should ship out in 5 to 7 business days. I'm thinking, OK, this might actually work out! That was about 4 weeks ago. DJI Support offered nothing. They say it is progress and I need to wait for an email with tracking when it ships out. Nothing.
I can't help but wonder if this is a bait and switch to force us to buy new units. Sucker that I am, I got tired of waiting and bought a new R/C unit last night directly from the DJI website for another $320 US.
I've now paid over $2000.00 US, have only flown the damn thing 3 times and I'm still grounded.
I'm at a loss. Hope you get yours sorted out soon.
2017-8-19
Use props
fansd3436bb3
lvl.2
Australia

AeroSistom Posted at 2017-8-19 11:55
How frustrating! I live in Northern California, we have a repair station in Southern California. I followed procedure and sent the R/C in for repair. It arrived within 48 hours and I received and email from them saying the replacement should ship out in 5 to 7 business days. I'm thinking, OK, this might actually work out! That was about 4 weeks ago. DJI Support offered nothing. They say it is progress and I need to wait for an email with tracking when it ships out. Nothing.
I can't help but wonder if this is a bait and switch to force us to buy new units. Sucker that I am, I got tired of waiting and bought a new R/C unit last night directly from the DJI website for another $320 US.
I've now paid over $2000.00 US, have only flown the damn thing 3 times and I'm still grounded.

Bloody shocking service, thanks
2017-8-21
Use props
mlynnh
lvl.1
United States

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.

Mine is doing exactly the same thing as all the others here.

I did order a new battery. The DJI website said it would be shipped next day. It's been a week, and still not shipped.

I will send in my original controller for warranty repair, once I receive the second controller I ordered.

Having my P4 in the shop for 73 days, and now a nearly dead controller has sucked all the enjoyment of owning this drone out of my life. No product should have this much failure and such slow service.

Why not send out a new replacement controller, along with a "call tag" to pick up the defective controller? And do it by 2nd. Day delivery?

I bought the drone for my business. So much for that silly idea.
2017-8-21
Use props
mlynnh
lvl.1
United States

Mine is doing exactly the same thing as all the others here.

I did  begrudgingly order a new second controller. The DJI website said it would be shipped next day. It's been a week, and still not shipped.

I will send in my original controller for warranty repair, once I receive the second controller I ordered.

Having my P4 in the shop for 73 days, and now a nearly dead controller has sucked all the enjoyment of owning this drone out of my life. No product should have this much failure and such slow service.

I've have had very few flights, and my warranty will expire in October.

So DJI, you know you have a huge problem, and you know what the problem is. Why not do a warranty recall, send out a new replacement controller, along with a "call tag" to pick up the defective controller to be returned to you? And do it by 2nd. Day delivery?

I bought the drone to enhance my business (I own an advertising agency, and I'm a pilot, and a videographer). So much for that silly idea.
2017-8-21
Use props
Leelobran
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI seems to have the worst after service care I've seen in any country (and that is saying something given that I have lived in numerous countries all with apalling telecommunications providers). I have one Phantom 3 and two Phantom 4's and the battery on the remote for both Phantom 4's died months ago after only 3 months of having bought them. I have contacted DJI on three separate occasions, each time I have to navigate the maze of people I need to speak to and hear from, all of whom recite the exact same "sorry to hear about your negative experience but rest assured I will be able to help you with that" before then saying "Right... I can't actually help you with that but let me pass you on to a colleague who can"... Then I need to explain everything again to the next colleague who comes back to me with a sorry to hear about your negative experience but rest assured I will be able to help you with that" then goes through some more motions and comes back with a "Right... I can't actually help you with that but let me pass you on to a colleague who can"... The third person (by this time I've been on a 30 to 45 minute international call from Brazil to US) listens to my complaint, says the exact same words again "sorry to hear about your negative experience but rest assured I will be able to help you with that" before putting me on hold and saying "Right... I can't actually help you with that but if you give me your email address I will send you the forms needed so you can ship the remotes back to us to get fixed"... He/She then spends about ten minutes repeating and re-repeating my email address back to me before we hang up and I never hear from DJI again until I get vexed enough to once again go through the 45 minute hell ride of talking to your after sales support team and a fresh new batch of "sorry to hear about your negative experience but rest assured I will be able to help you with that". (Please please please get someone to rewrite the script your guys use to at least change it up a little so it sounds even minimally convincing and heartfelt.). Also, for anyone considering buying a Phantom 4, please do a quick google search for "phantom 4 remote battery not charging" and see the amount of frustrated buyers who are complaining about this issue. The response from DJI to me is that I need to send both my Phantom 4 batteries back to the US (and I need to pay for the shipping and be without both my P4's probably for the next couple of months until they can ship new ones back out to me)... Surely you should consider a factory recall or at least make sure the next remote comes with a working battery???
2017-8-30
Use props
bernardren07
First Officer
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

same as me before. i already sent it to dji for repaired. i just received yesterday and checked update full firmware and test charging battery full. few days check it again still good. no need to ask people how to fix. who have issue remote controller. please send it to dji for repair.
2017-8-30
Use props
fans3b815a25
New
Flight distance : 87201 ft

Indonesia

PROBLEM SOLVED !!!

Its the board on the remote that should be repair/fix.

For Droner in Indonesia, can contact me to repair this issues.
2017-9-8
Use props
fans6f4aa0f5
lvl.2
United States

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.

I was directed to your post of linking RC to AC.  I have a P3P that will not link.  I have followed several linking recommendations  from folks on the forum and am wondering when I shoud release the C1, C2, and shutter buttons during the process of trying to link?  Do I release after I power down the RC or do I keep them pressed until I restart  the AC and RC and then release?
2018-1-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans6f4aa0f5 Posted at 2018-1-13 06:44
I was directed to your post of linking RC to AC.  I have a P3P that will not link.  I have followed several linking recommendations  from folks on the forum and am wondering when I shoud release the C1, C2, and shutter buttons during the process of trying to link?  Do I release after I power down the RC or do I keep them pressed until I restart  the AC and RC and then release?

This is the step to reset RC, not the linking.
* Turn on the controller, and make sure the aircraft is off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller and then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.
Release the button when the RC is turned on.
Here is the link steps:
Turn on the remote controller and aircraft. Press the C1, C2 and video recording buttons at the same time. After you hear an alarm, press the camera settings dial, and the remote controller will start linking to your aircraft. Find the linking button on the aircraft, press it, and wait for the indicator of remote controller to turn green.
2018-1-16
Use props
ovlovv70
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26020 ft
United Kingdom

#Quick Reply Here#Fully charged batteries in conroller V1.8.0 and 4 bars on drone also tablet fully charged .Went out to fly but looked like rain and anyway tablet said update required on controller. Came home connected to internet all went well , controller now at 1.9.3 BUT controller only shows 1 to 2 charging lights although it was fully charged minutes earlier. Only happened since update now i can still fly but controller shuts down and peeps after a few minutes.Have left charger on all night no difference.Tried to go for earlier version but i cannot and also not enough power to install in controller.Have been on net for a fortnight and tried all the forums and all on youtube but still the same. Perhaps an administrator can help me.
2018-1-20
Use props
Nony
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20082 ft

Norway

Hey all. Original Poster here. I just wanted to say that my solution to the problem was to deliver the remote back to the store where I bought it, so they could send it to DJI. Took about a month, then a brand new remote was ready for pickup. I am a electric technician by occupation, and I should have been able to make it work with some soldering and maybe some parts myself, but that shouldn't be necessary at all on a brand new product. Sad thing was, that when I went to go flying after haven gotten the new remote, the battery in the drone had the same friggin problem. It wont charge at all, and it is completely drained. I do have to say that putting a product this flawed on the market is a big shame DJI. And when you see the length of this thread, clearly, I'm not the only one experiencing this stuff. I might not have cared so much if this was a cheap thing, but it's bloody expensive, so no more DJI products for me, that's for sure.
2018-1-22
Use props
fans089d6d13
New

United States

I attempted this "reset" multiple times and it does NOT work, VERY DISAPPOINTED!  I always charge my equipment and check that everything is operational before heading out to an assignment. I completed this checklist before driving to an assignment yesterday and everything was fine. When I arrived and began to set-up, the RC only had one light on (it had four when I checked before departing) and the red light began beeping. I carry my drone in the silver foam DJI carrying case, so I know that it was not damaged in transport, it just would NOT work when I turned it on!  VERY embarrassing when your client is watching and your equipment does NOT work!  DJI....YOU need to correct this!!!!!
2018-1-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans089d6d13 Posted at 2018-1-27 08:57
I attempted this "reset" multiple times and it does NOT work, VERY DISAPPOINTED!  I always charge my equipment and check that everything is operational before heading out to an assignment. I completed this checklist before driving to an assignment yesterday and everything was fine. When I arrived and began to set-up, the RC only had one light on (it had four when I checked before departing) and the red light began beeping. I carry my drone in the silver foam DJI carrying case, so I know that it was not damaged in transport, it just would NOT work when I turned it on!  VERY embarrassing when your client is watching and your equipment does NOT work!  DJI....YOU need to correct this!!!!!

We are so sorry for the trouble that has been caused to your work, it seems your RC was run out of power, have your tried to charge it again? Does the problem persist?
2018-1-29
Use props
Why not
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137461 ft
Australia

The same thing happened to my controller but it was out of warranty and I was not going to pay for it to be fixed so I searched the internet for a controller from another person that had crashed their phantom 4 and brought their controller off them. I am very disappionted in DJI for not sending out a warning to us via email seeing that you have everyone's email address a warning about the problem would have been more professional instead of waiting for controllers to fail then fixing them.  Mostly at a cost because they are out of warranty.
2018-3-17
Use props
klearshadow
lvl.1
United States

I am experiencing the EXACT same issues as EVERYONE else is and it seems after resetting the controller, changing to previous firmware versions, resetting the controller, resetting the app the ISSUE IS NOT RESOLVED. My battery full charged now lasts about 25 minutes vs hours prior to the update. The problem is not the battery, its the result of the latest update from DJI that has now destroyed everyone's controllers (head motherboards now need to be replaced) and limits their flight times from hours to mere minutes. This action from DJI should result in a recall for all effected or class action lawsuit filed to the many effected that are now out hundreds if not thousands of dollars. This is reminiscent of Apples update that messed up everyone's phones in attempt to have people purchase newer versions of their product.  There is NO WAY this company just throws out updates without testing them beforehand which leads to this being done purposely. I have submitted 2 tickets and await their response.
2018-5-27
Use props
Icer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 431079 ft
Latvia

This is known and easy fix issue.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=692042
2018-5-28
Use props
dposea\
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18419 ft
United States

guys, your batteries re most likely fine. it's either a bad chip on the min board, or a software issue. i'm thinking software. Mine did the same thing after  failed upgade, so i tested the battery. It It charges to 8.18 volts, a bit low but it's a couple of years old. I left the controller on for a while and retested. Wow, the batteery was below 7 volts. Even though I only had 1 light on the controller the battery rechred to 8.18 volts gin.

I'm sure someone at DJI knows what is wrong, they need to get a fix to us. Its possible the error can't be recovered from by updates, so they have us send in the rc.

My RC won't upgrde to 1.9.3. Fails at 35%. The voltage sensor is an 8 pin chip CW1520. There is a post abouit it somewhere.
2018-5-28
Use props
DMMMOM
lvl.1

United Kingdom

What a ... show this is. I just had 2 batts die 6 weeks out of warranty and now this controller not charging issue. I'm gutted I've invested in DJI as I'm buying everything twice well within 18 months. Terrible state of affairs!
2019-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules