37318 196 2016-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans75a4c806
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25633 ft
Netherlands

Hello,

Same problem here. i have a Samsung 6s edge+. I have make 4 flights now and 3 of them i have the conection problem.
I use the lates firmware

2017-1-19
Use props
MAHD
lvl.2

Spain

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-1-18 20:10
Two suggestions.
I suffered the loss of signal problem but only after 30 problem free flights.

Thank you Bent for your help. Both, reverting to the previous FW and flying in plane mode are working for me right now.

Waiting for a DJI FW Upgrade to finally solve this problem.

Thks!
2017-1-20
Use props
Phaikia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331926 ft
Singapore

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-1-18 20:10
Two suggestions.
I suffered the loss of signal problem but only after 30 problem free flights.

I tried using DJI assistant 2 and refresh both Aircraft and Controller firmware (1.0.3.200) and now it is connected again to my iphone 7plus!

Thanks mate!
2017-1-20
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

MAHD Posted at 2017-1-20 03:30
Thank you Bent for your help. Both, reverting to the previous FW and flying in plane mode are working for me right now.

Waiting for a DJI FW Upgrade to finally solve this problem.

Unless a new FW promises to address known issues that you suffer from, i would avoid updating altogether (probably not recommended by DJi). Dont fix it if aint broke type of mentality.
I see others on YT updating FW in the field. This is not the best idea for a few reasons.
It could induce the signal loss problems like we see recently or worse which happened instantly from update for me. The FW download could fail or partially fail leaving you grounded miles from home. It took over an hour for one person to update in the field, requiring the mavic to be powered up during.
Last time i was offered to update FW in the field i just declined and flew trouble free that day.
Only at home with full internet and wifi AND Assistant 2 will be how i update in future if needed.

Good to see your bird is in the air again without the heartache of wondering when it was going do its own thing.
Frustrating and scary hehe
2017-1-20
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Phaikia Posted at 2017-1-20 04:38
I tried using DJI assistant 2 and refresh both Aircraft and Controller firmware (1.0.3.200) and now it is connected again to my iphone 7plus!

Thanks mate!

Your welcome Phaikia, you must be one of the lucky ones with 3.200 working well with your setup.
2017-1-20
Use props
Gulstav11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105597 ft
Germany

I had this issue today as well but with Huawei P9P, which I havd fly many times and never have issue before. I suspect it might be location or environment related. I was told by a friend that he has same issue with P3 when there is wood around.
2017-1-21
Use props
darthlaw
New

United Kingdom

Same issue here using an Iphone 7 Plus. Also had the issue on my OnePlus 3 which I was using up until last week.

The only solution I've found is the switch to flight mode, as described earlier in the thread, and then I have to hope no-one needs to get hold of me urgently whilst I'm using the Mavic. Also, live streaming is clearly out of the window with flight mode in effect, but that's not why I bought the Mavic so I'm non-fussed about this.

Hopefully a software update resolves the issue going forwards.

2017-1-26
Use props
gibbd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18980 ft
United Kingdom

This is really interesting to read, as I have a iphone 7 plus.

Im not disputing people having issues, but I have made around 9 flights using my iphone 7 plus with no connection issues at all.     Perhaps this is more of a cable issue?? Im not sure. Ive used both the supplied cable and external cable

Im wondering whether ive simply been lucky, or have something setup differently to all.    The only thing I do is turn off Bluetooth and wifi to minimise any possibility of interference from them.  Ive even taken a phone call during a flight and livestreamed once for around 1 minute (so I didn't burn up my data allowance).....

Id be interested to hear if others with iphone 7 plus are managing to fly without issues (I know DJI KEN is, although he may have iphone 7 rather than the plus).

Sorry to hear you guys are having problems though..... maybe they will come to me soon
2017-1-26
Use props
wallywalts
lvl.1

Singapore

gibbd Posted at 2017-1-26 02:10
This is really interesting to read, as I have a iphone 7 plus.

Im not disputing people having issues, but I have made around 9 flights using my iphone 7 plus with no connection issues at all.     Perhaps this is more of a cable issue?? Im not sure. Ive used both the supplied cable and external cable

Same issue here, 4hrs flight time and first showed up today in my iPhone 7. Swapped the cable to apple lightning cable and issue went away. Was able to reproduce with the DJI lightning cable. Will try DJI Go 4 later today and see if I can reproduce it. Currently on v3 of the Go app.
2017-1-26
Use props
Alex SP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112549 ft
Brazil

I noticed this issue for the first time last week. Before that my Mavic was flying fine within the expected range, obviously considering the conditions - then at about 300~500m it started dropping signal in a place where it usually happens at a much longer distance (1-2km). I was like WTF, then went thru all the checking list and found that the MAX DISTANCE LIMIT was ON (dunno how or when it changed since I disabled it from day 1). Changed back to OFF and now it's back to normal. Currently on a 6S, GO3 app and DJI Lightning cable.
2017-1-26
Use props
darthlaw
New

United Kingdom

I've also now tried using a different lightning cable from the USB port on the controller which has kept the signal.

Maybe I've got a faulty cable? It doesn't seem that it could be a compatibility issue if others have no issue with Iphone 7's, does it?
2017-1-26
Use props
Alex SP
lvl.2
Brazil

Maybe the original controller cable loses signal transmission with use. Not sure this could happen but it does get a lot of abuse with all the connect/disconnect all the time.
2017-1-26
Use props
darthlaw
New

United Kingdom

Alex SP Posted at 2017-1-26 04:45
Maybe the original controller cable loses signal transmission with use. Not sure this could happen but it does get a lot of abuse with all the connect/disconnect all the time.

Would seem strange in my case as the original cable still functions if I put the phone into flight mode.

Very perplexing, this.
2017-1-26
Use props
Alex SP
lvl.2
Brazil

darthlaw Posted at 2017-1-26 04:53
Would seem strange in my case as the original cable still functions if I put the phone into flight mode.

Very perplexing, this.

Indeed. I´m trying to remain open and investigating, very hard to point to an exact cause. Since it seem to have started without any changes in FW or HW (in my case at least) I began to wonder if the cable could be deteriorating somehow.

Again in my case, disabling the MAX DIST LIMIT in GO3 app solved. Without needing to switch to Airplane Mode. Today I did a 15 min. flight in a somewhat open area (near a park) but in the middle of the town, with buildings and cell towers and all the usual interferences. Lots of trees too, I was under one with obstacles around. Hit 1km without signal loss, could have gone further I believe. Everything was solid as usual. I´ll keep an eye on this and investigating.
2017-1-26
Use props
Alex SP
lvl.2
Brazil

PS.: I noticed that the Mavic tends to show considerably more warnings and eventually issues when it´s pushed hard, as in Sport mode or other subtle hard accelerations. Maybe the battery or the systems get overwhelmed somehow. I remember that happening with the P3 in some FW iterations.
2017-1-26
Use props
MAHD
lvl.2

Spain

As I wrote above, I have the same problem with Mavic Pro, Iphone 7+ and last firmware. I can only fly safe when I use the IPhone in plane mode or I use the Apple Lighting USB cable. I don't believe in a DJI cable issue, for some reasons.
If it would be a cable issue, the problem should appear since the first moment, and not randomly, and all the info displayed in the DJI app should disappear and not only the live video and camera settings (when I have the disconnection the DJI App still keeps info about GPS and RC intensity level). Even more, a cable issue doesn't disappear by changing software options like plane mode on/off or Distance Limit on/off.

I hope DJI releases a FW upgrade soon to solve the problem.

2017-1-26
Use props
wallywalts
lvl.1

Norway

Managed to recreate the issue (see attached screengrab) with these conditions:
-DJI Go v3 with DJI lightning cable

I should add I had max distance ON and set to 500m. What's interesting is if I were to unplug the cable the app will clearly say "disconnected" and be grey in colour, compared to the "ready to go" and green colour in the screengrab. So I now believe it's some kind of strange firmware bug that maybe has already been resolved in Go v4.

I was unable to recreate the issue using these conditions:
-Apple USB lightning cable
-iPhone 7 Airplane mode ON
-DJI Go v4

For now I'll always carry my apple lightning cable just in case it happens again mid flight. Very scary when it happens the first time as I became reliant on the display to guide the mavic home - always felt better manually flying it back than using the RTH, beeping noise is annoying anyway ;)
IMG_3760.PNG
2017-1-26
Use props
DarrenE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have similar issues  - latest f/w on the craft and transmitter. Iphone 6 running the latest iOS.

If I use the micro-USB port and supplied DJI Lightning cable, I consistently get a black screen in both the DJI GO and GO4 apps and the app loses connection with the RC.
If I use a USB Lightning cable in the bottom port, everything consistently works with no issues.

I have tried 3 different DJI micro-USB cables and the issue remains.

The micro-USB port works fine for charging and updates.
2017-1-26
Use props
MAHD
lvl.2

Spain

I'm my case the problem is present using both DJI and DJI GO 4. I tried a factory restore in my IPhone and then installing DJI GO 4 but it didn't work.
2017-1-26
Use props
fans61954438
lvl.2

Thailand

I sometimes (erratic) have same problem. iPhone 6, newest firmware and Go4 app. During my first flights with Mavic in December this disconnection happened quite frequently. Then problem disappeared for several weeks and I had thought that the app and firmware update late December must have fixed it. Unfortunately this week I twice experienced it again. Can't see a pattern.
I am disappointed that DJI ignores this threat.
2017-1-26
Use props
zaphforty7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915928 ft
United States

Just did two test flights with latest (as if 1/26/17) firmware, iPhone 7+, DJI Go 4.0.1 app, and DJI cable. Never had connection issues before. Started noticing them this past week including full connection loss and a touchy RTH.

Did a flight and within seconds got an interference warning. Switched iPhone to Airplane mode and warning gone. Same location, of course. Hope it's a firmware update that'll fix the issue. If not, will have to go off the grid just to fly.
2017-1-26
Use props
wallywalts
lvl.1

Norway

Some more flawless flights with Go v4 and DJI lightning cable. iPhone 7 set to airplane mode and distance limit disabled. Will keep flying in this mode, if I get dropout again will post back.
2017-1-27
Use props
fans71c09eca
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6339409 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have the same issues with my Android Phone Oppo A16101 usually takes me 1/2 of the battery time just to get a connection which stays connected, very unsatifying
2017-1-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been using an iPhone 7 Plus and have never had any connection issues. Make sure the area you are flying in is interference free. Also, proper antenna orientation will really help.
Here's an antenna orientation video that may help some users.

2017-1-27
Use props
fans71c09eca
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

I originally did not have the reverse DJI android cable so flew with a regular cable attached to the big USB port on bottom and had the issue, received the revers Androind cable yesterday and could not hold a connection at all with DJI reverse cable, after switching back to my 3rd party long USB cable I got it to work for one flight
2017-1-27
Use props
fans71c09eca
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

quick update, just did a flight with airplane mode disabled on the phone and 3rd party USB cable connected to bottom USB port and did not have a single issue
2017-1-28
Use props
fans67195a45
New

Portugal

Hi everybody,
I had the  same problem with  Android 6.0.1.
Does anyone Know to solve the problem?
Thanks
2017-1-28
Use props
MAHD
lvl.2

Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-27 14:19
I've been using an iPhone 7 Plus and have never had any connection issues. Make sure the area you are flying in is interference free. Also, proper antenna orientation will really help.
Here's an antenna orientation video that may help some users.

You've been very lucky....You only have to see how many people are using an iPhone 7 (and other phones) and are having issues with the Mavic camera signal on the Iphone. Thank you for your recommendation but as you can see is not a problem related with the communication between the controller and the Mavic as we have full signal strength and no interferences when we lose the video signal (see picture in comment #55) or we don't have the problem using the Apple Lighting cable under the same circumstances. It's a problem related with the FW/App and is time for DJI to take note of the problem, recognize it and work to solve it asap.
2017-1-28
Use props
DJobi
lvl.1

United States

Visualkaos Posted at 2016-11-20 12:36
check your phone port.  Sometimes they get stuff in there that prevents a good connection.  I have used a tooth brush that is just very lightly damp and it cleans it out. Hopefully its just something simple like this.  Good luck

Not a bad idea, but I HIGHLY recommend that if you are dampening with water, no matter how little, try using rubbing alcohol instead. Still moist to help clean out the dust, but it evaporates in milliseconds and it is distilled so it has no possibility of leaving any particles behind.
2017-1-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

MAHD Posted at 2017-1-28 06:15
You've been very lucky....You only have to see how many people are using an iPhone 7 (and other phones) and are having issues with the Mavic camera signal on the Iphone. Thank you for your recommendation but as you can see is not a problem related with the communication between the controller and the Mavic as we have full signal strength and no interferences when we lose the video signal (see picture in comment #55) or we don't have the problem using the Apple Lighting cable under the same circumstances. It's a problem related with the FW/App and is time for DJI to take note of the problem, recognize it and work to solve it asap.

What is your email you use with the GO app, I will review your last flight to see if I see anything unusual.
And make sure to sync you flight records too.
2017-1-28
Use props
wallywalts
lvl.1

Norway

Just did a flight with DJI Go v4 and video signal feed went just before take off (before airplane mode was enabled) I also had max distance limiter disabled. I then set my phone to airplane mode, unplugged / replugged cable on side of the controller and took off with no further issues for the rest of the flight. So I think we can conclude that setting airplane mode on the iPhone 7 is essential to prevent any drop outs.
2017-1-29
Use props
Gusmtb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35249 ft
United Kingdom

Was yet again having problems with DJI Go4 so today I went back to GO3, set it up and did a flight, Mavic was about 3/4 of a mile away and just about visible to my eyes, all of sudden video feed cut out and the GO4 app went to a blank video feed and said it was disconnected, a few seconds later the app shut down and the phone went back to the phones launcher,   knowing the Mavic had plenty of battery left I didn't panic, started the app up again and video feed came back, turn the Mavic round and started to fly back, about 40 seconds later the same thing happened again, I could clearly see the Mavic so flew it back without the app and video feed.

Same thing happened on the DJI Go4 app 3 times 2 days before so that was the reason I went to the Go3. My phone is a Oneplus 3 running Android 7.

Both apps seem to be full of bugs if you judge what people on the Google play store are saying, Go3 score of 3.7 and go4 score of 2.9 isn't really that encouraging for a vital app needed on a drone to avoid crashes and keep full control of a potentially dangerous piece of kit.
2017-1-29
Use props
wallywalts
lvl.1

Singapore

Agreed it's a bit dangerous for the less experienced pilots out there to have this happen. Have you tried setting airplane mode on your phone? Also have you tried using the USB connection on the controller? I've yet to experience a dropout using the USB and / or airplane mode enabled.

Dont forget there is also the RTH button on the controller that should send it back to you.
2017-1-29
Use props
Gusmtb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35249 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, I put the phone into Airplane  mode and still happens, it's not all the time it happens but I will get another cable a try for a while, also may be going to give the Litchi app a try and see what that's like.
2017-1-29
Use props
fans5ce2a9be
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79262 ft
Netherlands

I had the exact same issue during my last holiday. iPhone 7 plus, all up to date (firmware, os, Go 4 app version). The default lightning cable of the remote gave me image transmission signal failures with multiple flights. No other interference problems. Switched it to the iPhone charging cable via the USB port and the problems went away.
2017-2-12
Use props
fans7f89629c
New
United States

Having constant disconnects as well on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
As often while the aircraft is still on the ground as in the air. Was testing in a National Park parking lot with nothing around for interference.
2017-2-12
Use props
GeeP
New
France

wallywalts Posted at 2017-1-26 02:41
Same issue here, 4hrs flight time and first showed up today in my iPhone 7. Swapped the cable to apple lightning cable and issue went away. Was able to reproduce with the DJI lightning cable. Will try DJI Go 4 later today and see if I can reproduce it. Currently on v3 of the Go app.

4 first flights => same issue. App disconnected at each flight. I will try to replace the lightning-USB cable with an original one from Apple.
2017-2-14
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I also have problems with loosing connection to the RC, 5 out of 6 flights, updated again today assistant 2 with latest firmware to the controller and Mavic and still lost conection when the bird was hovering just 2 metres away!
I also have problems when connecting the Mavic to my PC as it takes several attempts for the assistant 2 to recognise the Mavic is connected but that's not the case with the RC when when connected with no problems at all,
So I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it!
I've had the same trouble with the last 2 firmware updates and the previous one seemed fine,
DJI what is going on?
Have we all just brought a box full of problems, this really isn't living up to all promises and from what I've seen neither is the P4+ which I also own but as yet can't face unboxing it due to all the negative comments thus far!
DJi you really need to resolve these issues as these forums are full of them and your customers don't seem to be getting any answers,
I didn't buy your drones to spend my life on here trying to resolve issues that shouldn't be there in the first place,
It would be nice to come on here and discus possative things about drone flying and photography for a change.
2017-2-14
Use props
GeeP
New
France

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-2-14 11:47
I also have problems with loosing connection to the RC, 5 out of 6 flights, updated again today assistant 2 with latest firmware to the controller and Mavic and still lost conection when the bird was hovering just 2 metres away!
I also have problems when connecting the Mavic to my PC as it takes several attempts for the assistant 2 to recognise the Mavic is connected but that's not the case with the RC when when connected with no problems at all,
So I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it!

apparently, setting your phone to airplane mode (= no wireless emissions) seems to fix the issue.
Some other users have tried to use an original apple lightning cable instead of the DJI one. I'll try that tomorrow.
2017-2-14
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

GeeP Posted at 2017-2-14 13:49
apparently, setting your phone to airplane mode (= no wireless emissions) seems to fix the issue.
Some other users have tried to use an original apple lightning cable instead of the DJI one. I'll try that tomorrow.

Thanks for the update....I will give it a try,
I thought you could fly the drone without the phone even connected? Just using the RC obviously you would loose all the options in the app and video feed but surly the RC shouldn't disconnect from the drone at random!
Or have I got this wrong?
2017-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules