Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tilted horizons...
605 1 2016-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jacob N
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37956 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Dear forum,
Being a happy owner of a P3 Professional with many succesful flights, I have been curiously following the latest releases from DJI. Overwhelmed by all the new smart flightmodes, especially the tracking systems and collision avoidance systems, I keep wondering why I still see so many tilted horizons on both Mavic and P4Pro on basically every test footage posted. For example: or this: How difficult would it be to have some intelligent kind of "Horizon tracking" where the software (by image contrast analyzation) automatically detects if there is a horizon present in the image and will keep the horizon leveled. I guess, until now leveled horizon has only been taken care of by the IMU? However I read the following in the Inspire 2 specs which seems promising: The new attitude controlled design allows the gimbal to automatically keep level, significantly reducing the likelihood of tilted horizons. Does this promise some new clever way of keeping the horizon leveled?

All the best,
Jacob
2016-11-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

A  Crooked horizon can often be corrected by doing a cold IMU calibration followed by the gimbal calibration.
It has worked for many here. Not sure why these folks haven't caught on? It's an easy to try, method. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules