my new mavic pro crash all of a sudden
2083 11 2016-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hiren
New

United Kingdom

Hi All,

I brought a new Mavic pro and was flying my 3rd flight at my farm house, my mavic was 20 m up in front of me, all of a sudden it just fall down and hit the ground , luckily no one got hurt.
my battery ( 60 % )  and GPS ( active )  etc was all good  before it got crash,  I have called up DJI call centre, and spoke to call centre executive, the call centre line was so bad, I hardly hear anything , I have asked them to email me to all the details about the repair and what might be the reason for flight crash.

Please do share your experience if you come across with any thing like thing while using mavic pro.

thanks
Hiren
2016-11-21
Use props
Kevin16
lvl.3
Flight distance : 353642 ft
Australia

Any chance you moved both sticks down and to opposite corners?  Similar to starting the propellors but the sticks go to the other side.  That would turn off the propellors when in the air.
2016-11-21
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft
Austria

Kevin16 Posted at 2016-11-21 11:07
Any chance you moved both sticks down and to opposite corners?  Similar to starting the propellors b ...

No, you can't turn off the Motors mid air by default.
2016-11-21
Use props
Kevin16
lvl.3
Flight distance : 353642 ft
Australia

Ange1walk Posted at 2016-11-21 21:08
No, you can't turn off the Motors mid air by default.

Maybe it needs to be enabled then but maybe it is enabled on the OP's Mavic.
2016-11-21
Use props
Hiren
New

United Kingdom

Kevin16 Posted at 2016-11-21 10:11
Maybe it needs to be enabled then but maybe it is enabled on the OP's Mavic.

Hi Kevin,

might be that I have put the stick in that position by mistake, but this is really weird, we are prone to put the stick in that position during flight in error .

any idea how to disable this setting ,

2016-11-21
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.3
Flight distance : 839633 ft
United Kingdom

Hiren Posted at 2016-11-21 10:21
Hi Kevin,

might be that I have put the stick in that position by mistake, but this is really wei ...

Enter Go app.

Drone setting - Advance setting - Urgent Stop Mode - Push Sticks Inner / Outer ( Breakdown)

2016-11-21
Use props
Nitrotekk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 287418 ft
United States

I had the same thing occur but I think it was caused while running in sport mode while doing the dramatic downward turning which eventually will hit the . The setting mine was on said Urgent Stop Mode - Push Sticks Inner / Outer ( Always)
2017-4-10
Use props
Nitrotekk
lvl.1
United States

Nitrotekk Posted at 2017-4-10 18:10
I had the same thing occur but I think it was caused while running in sport mode while doing the dramatic downward turning which eventually will hit the . The setting mine was on said Urgent Stop Mode - Push Sticks Inner / Outer ( Always)

Editing is terribly short on this forum... Anyway, I wasn't done composing. The issue is possible while in mid-flight and this should be addressed by allowing users to disable this mode. It's currently not able to be disabled. I witnessed my drone crash to the ground today because of it and it was unharmed, thankfully.
2017-4-10
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nitrotekk Posted at 2017-4-10 18:14
Editing is terribly short on this forum... Anyway, I wasn't done composing. The issue is possible while in mid-flight and this should be addressed by allowing users to disable this mode. It's currently not able to be disabled. I witnessed my drone crash to the ground today because of it and it was unharmed, thankfully.

You can't disabled it totally but you should set it for emergency only
so it only stop the motors when the Mavic in critical problem.
2017-4-10
Use props
Nitrotekk
lvl.1
United States

hungdang Posted at 2017-4-10 18:40
You can't disabled it totally but you should set it for emergency only
so it only stop the motors when the Mavic in critical problem.

Appreciate the response.

Yeah, I set it to the emergency only and it still behaves the same in that it will disable it anytime (meaning in flight or on the landing pad). I don't find this feature useful because of the fact it's not doing what the feature states. If the Mavic has a critical problem, then it should truly only disable if and when a critical issue occurs. Idling on the landing pad is not a critical problem and it shouldn't allow me to disable the motor by using that specific combination command. I would only expect them to disengage after a successful landing. A specific kill switch combo that is is not subject to only the joysticks is a better way to disable the motors IMO. The joysticks are for flying and not for disengaging the motors thus the opposite of what they're intended/designed for. This command should exist in a way that the user doesn't accidentally disengage the motors.
2017-4-14
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's a very common mistake with new pilots to accidentally do a CSC during flight. If you upload your flight logs it will tell what happened
2017-4-14
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CSC is flight is stall a crazy set of positions to be putting the craft into , Full Yaw, min throttle while flying backwards to the left at full speed.  

2017-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules