Counterfeit Propellers?
3485 13 2016-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Monkey
lvl.2
United States

Can someone please tell me if these are Counterfeit Propellers? I ordered from Amazon and Amazon was the seller, not a 3rd party seller.  The centers are not wrapped in plastic and the part that screws into the Phantom was black not white. Thanks for any help ... the last photo is a real dji blade

UPDATED: I watched some youtube videos and there should be a DJI logo on the blades. These do not have the logo's, I'm going to return to Amazon. I know how this happenes with Amazon.  The 3rd party sellers "FBA" is what Amazon calls them.

This is from Amazon.com  "Items in your inventory that are identified and tracked using manufacturer barcodes are commingled with items of the same products from other sellers who also use manufacturer barcodes for those items.
If you choose to use manufacturer barcodes, when customers purchase a product from you, Amazon can send the item that is closest to them, even if you didn't send it to the fulfillment center."

FullSizeRender 7.jpg FullSizeRender 6.jpg FullSizeRender 4.jpg FullSizeRender 3.jpg

FullSizeRender 8.jpg
2016-11-21
Use props
CCrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

Based on what I see they're legit. Why do you think they're not?
2016-11-21
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

I bought some that looked similar off of Amazon but I threw away the packaging. I can't used them as both the black-hub props are horribly out of balance. Put them on and hover in font of you to see if you see any shaking. If not, I would not worry about it.
2016-11-21
Use props
Drone Monkey
lvl.2
United States

CCrew Posted at 2016-11-21 10:11
Based on what I see they're legit. Why do you think they're not?

The centers are not wrapped in plastic and the part that screws into the Phantom was black not white. Also no dji logo on the blades.  I updated my post ...
2016-11-21
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft
United States

Regarding:
   This is from Amazon.com  "Items in your inventory that are identified and tracked using manufacturer barcodes are commingled with items of the same products from other sellers who also use manufacturer barcodes for those items.
If you choose to use manufacturer barcodes, when customers purchase a product from you, Amazon can send the item that is closest to them, even if you didn't send it to the fulfillment center."

I can only say, "WTF?"

You could contact DJI, but they probably won't know either.
I vote for knockoff/counterfeit. Send them back to be safe.
2016-11-21
Use props
TCDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2710732 ft
Germany

Hey man. I got the same props from Amazon.  Guess I'm going to have to give in and buy a prop balancer.
Just "ONE MORE ISSUE" we all have to deal with to enjoy this hobby...............
2016-11-21
Use props
Drone Monkey
lvl.2
United States

TCDrone Posted at 2016-11-21 18:44
Hey man. I got the same props from Amazon.  Guess I'm going to have to give in and buy a prop balanc ...

Mine did not have that dji logo so i gave up and sent them back today... I'm going to order from BestBuy they have free shipping so $6.99 + tax, I would think they have the real dji propellers.

Does the ones u got from Amazon have the dji logo? (i added a photo of it up top)
2016-11-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I am puzzled as to why anyone would bother to produce counterfeit props? They are worth bugger all and frankly not worth the effort of tooling up for them.
2016-11-21
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-21 17:15
I am puzzled as to why anyone would bother to produce counterfeit props? They are worth bugger all a ...

Many times the "counterfeit" components come off the same assembly line as the OE stuff. Just an opportunity for the mfg sub-contractor to pick up some extra revenue during off hours. Highly frowned upon by the Original equipment supplier (and many governments)
BTW: I do see the Dji logo on Drone Monkey's picture of the prop.
2016-11-24
Use props
DJI Merlin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

He does say the last photo is of a genuine DJI prop Rnfaust.
2016-11-24
Use props
Drone Monkey
lvl.2
United States

Rnfaust Posted at 2016-11-24 11:59
Many times the "counterfeit" components come off the same assembly line as the OE stuff. Just an o ...

Yeah I added that photo of the original blade that came with my P3
2016-11-24
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
United States

Drone Monkey Posted at 2016-11-24 16:21
Yeah I added that photo of the original blade that came with my P3

Ok - got it. I've been reading this little bit at a time. I should have reread your first post.

However, your picture of the counterfeit prop only shows half of it, and it's the half that says 9450CW.
Mine also says 9450cw.

I have never seen a prop with the black thread insert, except for the Dji CF props.

My motto - when there's a concern, do a return.
2016-11-24
Use props
JayDub
lvl.1

United States

I must have gotten your returns.  I ordered on Ebay and they said they are OEM DJI.  Same cardboard on the bags, etc.  Way too many differences to be original.  Funny thing is, I ordered on Ebay and they came from Amazon with a "gift receipt" in it.  

Rnfaust, I like your motto, when there's concern, do a return!  I hope you don't mind if I use that in the future.
2017-1-8
Use props
Drone Monkey
lvl.2
United States

JayDub Posted at 2017-1-8 18:41
I must have gotten your returns.  I ordered on Ebay and they said they are OEM DJI.  Same cardboard on the bags, etc.  Way too many differences to be original.  Funny thing is, I ordered on Ebay and they came from Amazon with a "gift receipt" in it.  

Rnfaust, I like your motto, when there's concern, do a return!  I hope you don't mind if I use that in the future.

If an eBay seller has items stocked at a Amazon shipping center they can pay a fee and Amazon will ship the item for them. I have done that, Have items listed on eBay that I don't even have in hand anymore but shipped to Amazon to sell on there site.  
2017-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules