Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Customs VAT and Tax?
10192 11 2016-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlexMavic
lvl.1

Bulgaria

I ordered Mavic Pro a few weeks ago. Today I've got a message from DHL that the drone is in the customs waiting to be released.
To my surprise when I got to release it I was asked to pay VAT and duty taxes - 400 EUR in total.

I am from Bulgaria, ordered DJI Mavic Pro + Fly More Combo (for 1499 EUR) from DJI Netherlands via wire transfer (online). I don't understand why:
1. There is no warning where the product will come from - Hong Kong/China?
2. Why is there no disclaimer that there are additional charges?
3. Since Netherlands and Bulgaria are both in EU - the VAT must be included when I purchased the product, why am I being charged twice for VAT?

Is there anyone else in this situation? I am still waiting on a reply from DJI, hopefully this will get resolved.

2016-11-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think you need to talk to sales about that it's not right, it clearly says on the website taxes included in the price.
2016-11-21
Use props
Harbourside
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

It only includes taxes and import duty if you buy from your countries DJI store, the OP imported it because they bought from another country, so tax and import duty will need to be paid.
2016-11-21
Use props
AlexMavic
lvl.1

Bulgaria

@Harbourside Actually, this is not correct. They have to cover the VAT as they describe on their order page:

I tried to contact them on e-mail and chat several times and they simply ignored my request to either fully refund me, or pay the full VAT and duties.
I've now filed case with European Consumer Center and will also submit the case to State Administration for Industry & Commerce in China (as advised by ECC). If anyone is in the same position, I can help with information.

Relevant links:
http://www.consumersinternational.org/our-members/member-directory/China%20Consumers%20Association
https://www.icpen.org/contact
http://www.saic.gov.cn/english/
2016-12-8
Use props
Harbourside
Captain
United Kingdom

Yes, but you did not buy from your countries store as I said above DJI only pay the import duty and tax for the country store you order from.

Example...
Buy from the UK store for delivery in the UK, DJI pay all duty and tax.
Buy from outside the UK for UK delivery and you will have to pay any customs fees.

I would guess that the Netherlands and Bulgaria have different rates of import duty and tax (as do we in the UK) so that is where the charge comes from.
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

All taxes and VAT are included in the purchase price if you ordered online in the DJI store.
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Harbourside Posted at 2016-12-8 08:48
Yes, but you did not buy from your countries store as I said above DJI only pay the import duty and tax for the country store you order from.

Example...

I believe this is correct and why they incurred extra fees.Please email onlinesales@dji.com and see if there's anything that can be done.
2016-12-8
Use props
AlexMavic
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Maybe DJI have special care for UK market, but for Bulgaria you have to pay VAT 20% on imported goods from China + additional duties + DHL&Customs storage taxes as my drone is in transit for 15 days now.
It is very frustrating because I can get the the same combo (DJI Mavic Pro + Fly More Combo) for 1480 EUR in the store across the street without dealing any of this BS - no vat no taxes.
2016-12-8
Use props
Harbourside
Captain
United Kingdom

AlexMavic Posted at 2016-12-8 16:18
Maybe DJI have special care for UK market, but for Bulgaria you have to pay VAT 20% on imported goods from China + additional duties + DHL&Customs storage taxes as my drone is in transit for 15 days now.
It is very frustrating because I can get the the same combo (DJI Mavic Pro + Fly More Combo) for 1480 EUR in the store across the street without dealing any of this BS - no vat no taxes.

Unfortunately you have found one of the pitfalls of international trading.
When I ordered my combo from DJI UK store the price in £ included all taxes and delivery from China to the UK, no special treatment.
2016-12-8
Use props
fansa8e94009
New

Philippines

You don't have to worry. The duties and tax, custom fees are already included in the price of the item. You should send an email to their online sales at onlinesales@dji.com
2017-9-18
Use props
fans0744ca5e
New

Philippines

Do you have a dji spark tax in china
2018-1-4
Use props
Anthony566
First Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

Can I ask why did you order from DJI Netherlands ??
2018-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules