Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4 chargers
763 8 2016-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shipwreck 3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6680 ft
United States

Looking at chargers for p4 seen a Thor charger for125.00 charges four times faster then seen another that looks like it only 50.00 any one have news on good safe charger?
2016-11-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The DJI Intelligent batteries have their charging electronics built into them, so they only require a power supply of 17.5 volts DC to charge them. The Thor charger is odd, because it claims to be 4 times faster, yet the front panel clearly says the output is 17.5 Volts DC at 4 Amps, which is less than the stock DJI power supply provides. I smell a rat.
2016-11-21
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe it charges them all at the same time and the DJI charger does them one at a time?
2016-11-21
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

the battery and the propellers are two major components of this flying system. I would not trust any other charger other than DJi  to charge these already delicate intelligent batteries. I have two chargers and two hubs to maintain my five batteries and have never had a problem keeping them all ready for flight. ! dji warranty is really particular when using other than their products. I wouldn't use other than dji props either. its not worth chancing a crash using other equipment on the Phantoms. edited.
2016-11-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

trance728- Posted at 2016-11-22 12:44
Maybe it charges them all at the same time and the DJI charger does them one at a time?

I doubt it charges them all together. The DJI supply has an output of 5.7 Amps, and only does one battery at a time. The Thor supply, by the specs printed on the front it it, only supplies 4 Amps, so it will be slower at charging the battery, and with 4 Amps, it is nowhere near enough to charge a 4 batteries at once. For that you would need 22.8 Amps.

I have also seen warnings about Drone World, and it looks like this is one of their own products. The inconsistency is that the Drone World blurb says '15.7 total Amps', yet on the front of the device it says 'Input: 100-240v Ouput: 17.5v 4A'. So which is it?
2016-11-21
Use props
fans877d5ab4
lvl.2
United States

I have a charger that some have been using with success.  It charges 3 batteries and the remote at the same time.  It charges the same amount of time as the DJI stock charger.  I read about it there is 1 flaw that needs fixing.  It's not grounded but it's easy to do.  I guess it's up to you if you want to get it.  I don't see a brand but I think there are a few of them.  Mine is model
YXC02.
2016-11-21
Use props
fans877d5ab4
lvl.2
United States

I looked and it says it takes about 80 minutes so it is a little slower.  It's 17.5 volts and 13.5 amps.
2016-11-21
Use props
Spacetrucker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6680 ft
United States

Grizz 1 Posted at 2016-11-21 20:50
the battery and the propellers are two major components of this flying system. I would not trust any ...

Thank you for the info I have ordered the DJI chargers, so I understand that it takes about 3hours to charge three batteries in the hub ?
2016-11-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

We would not recommend using any 3rd party chargers. Any damages that result from using that charger would result in voiding the warranty.
2016-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules