Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5S
1791 9 2016-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkySight Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Will the X5S be compatible with A3 and will there be a mounting kit for M600?
2016-11-22
Use props
Nilsblix
First Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

This is the 1000 $ question right now ( at least for us with M600 ).

The situation is like this - nobody knows. DJI will have to build a mounting bracket with integrated videoprosessor. They are now building a handheld device for the X5s so clearly it would be possible. But the question is more like this - is it possible for DJI to make money on it ? Hopefully it is.

I have asked Ken Booth this question and he tells that I should not rule it out, but at this moment nobody knows.

Let us keep asking for it so DJI see that it is a marked for it.
2016-11-23
Use props
Mister_Vista
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Nilsblix Posted at 2016-11-23 14:36
This is the 1000 $ question right now ( at least for us with M600 ).

The situation is like this - n ...

That's pretty amazing that nobody knows! I was going to buy the X5R before the introduction of the X5S, but now I don't know what to do. I will be really miffed if I buy the 5R and the 5S turns out to be compatible. Guess I will just stick with my GH4. Problem is this is all getting too confusing and DJI customers really don't know which way to turn. Until the question gets answered I won't buy either so no one wins.
2016-11-26
Use props
Nilsblix
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Mister_Vista Posted at 2016-11-26 19:55
That's pretty amazing that nobody knows! I was going to buy the X5R before the introduction of the ...

I see what you mean, but remember X5s have just been released. I am in the exact same situation as you - I will not buy the X5R now - just sitting on the fence for the moment.
2016-11-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

A new mounting bracket would need to be made, but it is feasible. Since this is such a new product, there's no ETA on that yet.
2016-11-27
Use props
SkySight Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-27 08:00
A new mounting bracket would need to be made, but it is feasible. Since this is such a new product,  ...

Hi Jamie,
As I said in a previous post, I was about to buy an X5R but now I don't know what to do? I don't want to buy the X5R if it is effectively already obsolete?
Can you ask the question and let us know?

Thanks
2016-11-27
Use props
Matty457
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4860725 ft
  • >>>
Australia

X5R is still a really good camera.  You also need to consider how long it took DJI to get the X5 to where it is now in terms of usability.
Depends if you need to be on the bleeding edge of technology, and if you need the 5K capability.

(I would like 4k 60 frame on my SSD, but I can't see that it's worth the hassle)
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

SkySight Aerial Posted at 2016-11-28 02:55
Hi Jamie,
As I said in a previous post, I was about to buy an X5R but now I don't know what to do?  ...

I agree with Matty that it's still a great camera. Since 4K has not reached the same availability and cost as 1080p is now, it's still a solid camera choice. What the camera offers will not be made obsolete any time soon. Production wise, I don't see any discontinuation dates in the near future, but I can double check on that.
2016-11-28
Use props
skyvideoct
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

Mister_Vista Posted at 2016-11-26 06:55
That's pretty amazing that nobody knows! I was going to buy the X5R before the introduction of the X5S, but now I don't know what to do. I will be really miffed if I buy the 5R and the 5S turns out to be compatible. Guess I will just stick with my GH4. Problem is this is all getting too confusing and DJI customers really don't know which way to turn. Until the question gets answered I won't buy either so no one wins.

Same situation here! I have the M600P and mounted the X5 plate wich only costs 130+/-US. This is plenty capable for Pictures, but I fight the compression on video. I have an Inspire 1 which I started with Feb/15, upgraded to the X5 and committed to the M600P before the release of the Inspire 2.
I'd been on the fence for a S1000+ for some time and finally committed to the M600P. I could fit a small laptop in the slot above the X5 mounting plate, so there really are no constraints for them to leverage the I2 tech to this platform.
All that being said, let's hope they get that we all want the X5S on the flagship professional platform. Oh, and throw in the FPV camera to boot....
2016-12-18
Use props
Nilsblix
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

skyvideoct Posted at 2016-12-18 18:37
Same situation here! I have the M600P and mounted the X5 plate wich only costs 130+/-US. This is plenty capable for Pictures, but I fight the compression on video. I have an Inspire 1 which I started with Feb/15, upgraded to the X5 and committed to the M600P before the release of the Inspire 2.
I'd been on the fence for a S1000+ for some time and finally committed to the M600P. I could fit a small laptop in the slot above the X5 mounting plate, so there really are no constraints for them to leverage the I2 tech to this platform.
All that being said, let's hope they get that we all want the X5S on the flagship professional platform. Oh, and throw in the FPV camera to boot....

Fully agree with you - after all it was announced as a video platform.

2016-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules