DJI vision app for ios - gps data logfile
2318 4 2014-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dbennet
New

New Zealand

I have the vision 2 plus model. Is there a way that the dji vision app can create a logfile of gps data for use with software such as Dashware?
I realise there are hardware additions that can log gps data but as the data is sent live to the vision app while flying surely it would be easy for the app to generate a simple text based log  file. This would be incredibly useful as existing Dashware software can generate impressive visual overlays of the data.
I don't see this feature in the app but please, please could it be added.
2014-10-3
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Thanks for your valuable suggestion, we would take your advice to our R&D department to evaluate.
For any further update, please keep an eye on our DJI official website.
2014-10-9
Use props
peteroudenes
lvl.2

Netherlands

Nice idea.. I will put this also in the Feature Request list on this post:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2014-10-13
Use props
vendor
New

United States

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-10-9 19:36
Thanks for your valuable suggestion, we would take your advice to our R&D department to evaluate.
Fo ...

Let's go for more than GPS - give us logging for all sensors including the 3 axis magnetometer/compass.  Allow users to toggle individual sensor data collection on/off.

Also specs - are there data sheets for the sensors?  Guess I could crack open & reference but would be much better if data sheets or mfg & part number for each sensor were posted online.  At minimum, access to their data streams and anonymous specs.

Customers will use that data, much like iPhone sensors are used for many purposes.

Please link sensor data stream to video timing so that a movie or photos of a set of results can easily be presented.  We want to view where a result occurred.
2014-11-30
Use props
vendor
New

United States

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-10-9 19:36
Fo ...

I must have missed something - seeing where users have hacked Phantom 2's CAN bus and that info may satisfy my need, but don't see the CAN bus specification for DJI equipment and latest version software.

Can I download that, or do you have a printed spec?
2014-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules