Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
jello and more jello
2529 15 2015-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michaelgulley.e

United Kingdom

Hi can anyone throw some light on this.
I have a secondhand H3 3D and a gopro 3 silver on a Phantom 2. After looking at lots of youtube bits and threads a LOT of people are getting it. I have ordered an ant interference board, prop balancer and neutral density filter which all of them seem to be THE fix. Is there something I am missing. Why does the combination of Phantom 2, gopro, gimbal have this Jello effect?

2015-2-9
Use props
michaelgulley.e

United Kingdom

forgot to mention I have prop guards which are also in question!!
2015-2-9
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

Which dampers you use? And what about your gain setting?
Did you only get the jello video when fly in high speed OR jello all the time?
2015-2-9
Use props
michaelgulley.v

United Kingdom

jello all the time. i am using std dampers supplied with h33d, where would i adjust the gain?
2015-2-11
Use props
Daninho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-2-10 11:18
Which dampers you use? And what about your gain setting?
Did you only get the jello video when fly i ...

is there an advice from DJI for special Gain settings for filming?
2015-3-17
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

Daninho Posted at 2015-3-18 00:59
is there an advice from DJI for special Gain settings for filming?

The default setting is our recommend setting, but If you have vibrating issue you could try to lower the gain value.
2015-3-19
Use props
Daninho
Second Officer
Germany

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-3-19 17:35
The default setting is our recommend setting, but If you have jello issue you could try to lower t ...

Which gain Setting is most responsible for the jello effect? I have the Jello in ATT mode as well. I tried everything to solve the jello effect, soft dampeners, ND Filter, balanced Props, low interference board etc.. Its always there, it is because of the wind pushing the Gimbal during flight. Thats why i always wait until its nearly wind free but those days are extremely rare. However my Zenmuse H3-3D does vibrate and oscilate a bit even when the Phantom motors are not on and the phantom stands still. Im not sure if thats a normal behaviour, maybe i have a bad sample.  
2015-3-19
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

Daninho Posted at 2015-3-19 21:08
Which gain Setting is most responsible for the jello effect? I have the Jello in ATT mode as well. ...

If the aircraft does not vibrate, change gain setting can hardly fix it.
It's not usually, you've tried almost every common method we recommended to customers regrading jello issue. You'd better take a video, let us evaluate it.
2015-3-19
Use props
seven26ers
lvl.1

Singapore

I have a secondhand H3 3D and a gopro 3 silver on a Phantom 2. After looking at lots of youtube bits and threads a LOT of people are getting it. I have ordered an ant interference board, prop balancer and neutral density filter which all of them seem to be THE fix. Is there something I am missing.

I have the same issue. I changed the damper to the 50 black soft and reduced my gains to the following:

BASIC Pitch: 100%, Roll: 100%, Yaw: 100%, Vertical: 120%.
ATTITUDE Pitch: 90%, Roll: 90%.

It's not a 100% cure, I still get Jello flying in moderate winds and in bright sunlight. Balancing props, ND filters also did not work for me.

Do you have a video of your jello issues?
2015-3-20
Use props
Daninho
Second Officer
Germany

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-3-20 15:43
If the aircraft does not vibrate, change gain setting can hardly fix it.
It's not usually, you've  ...

Ok,  i uploaded a quick video from a flight last week for you. The wind was about 7-8 km/h on that day. I flown yesterday on a nearly windfree day (1-2km/h) and i had similar results. I think DJI is able to build a jello free gimbal mount, it must be possible with a different design, materials and better dampening. Or maybe the PID Settings of the gimbal creating the vibrations from teh gimbal motors itself.

2015-3-21
Use props
Daninho
Second Officer
Germany

seven26ers@gmai Posted at 2015-3-21 09:55
I have the same issue. I changed the damper to the 50 black soft and reduced my gains to the follo ...

wow, this will fly like a bungee rope with those gains. With Roll:100 you will see the gimbal leveling with your own eye. I had similar gains with the difference attitude pitch was 200% - 200% and basic pitch yaw 140% vertical 140%. So closer to the stock
2015-3-21
Use props
umpa
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Daninho Posted at 2015-3-22 00:06
Ok,  i uploaded a quick video from a flight last week for you. The wind was about 7-8 km/h on that  ...

This video you uploaded - where is it exactly ?

Its hard to diagnose a symptom with out seeing it.
2015-8-23
Use props
Daninho
Second Officer
Germany

umpa Posted at 2015-8-23 17:35
This video you uploaded - where is it exactly ?

Its hard to diagnose a symptom with out seeing it ...

umm, it can be seen in the whole video from the start to the end. Just watch the video in fullscreen and HD. If you dont see it than you the prototype of a perfect customer for a company i guess : p
2015-8-23
Use props
umpa
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Daninho Posted at 2015-8-24 02:48
umm, it can be seen in the whole video from the start to the end. Just watch the video in fullscre ...

No I mean where is the video ??
Forget it - it was my safari not showing the video -  Chrome shows it.
2015-8-23
Use props
umpa
Second Officer

United Kingdom

umpa Posted at 2015-8-24 04:29
No I mean where is the video ??
Forget it - it was my safari not showing the video -  Chrome shows  ...

Well I see the problem, and I assume its the same in a hover ?
The gimbal should not shake - or move at all, unless the phantom moves. And then it should be nice a smooth - no vibration at all from the gimbal.

I have been fighting Jello too, in the end 95% of my jello went away when I swapped my dampeners.  It was trial and error and I had to buy lots of them. They all had different properties and it took a lot of little short flights - view footage - swap - try again.

Then when it was good, I noticed it had a shake on ascent - decent - and forward etc.  Tweaking the motor gains and gimbal gains got rid of it for the most part.  It still returns every now and again and I am told that camera settings and strong light can make it more noticeable.

Jello seems to be a problem we all have, on all the ranges of Phantom and on all makes of gimbal. Its a tuning job.
2015-8-23
Use props
Daninho
Second Officer
Germany

umpa Posted at 2015-8-24 04:41
Well I see the problem, and I assume its the same in a hover ?
The gimbal should not shake - or mov ...

The video showed my Phantom2, i experimented with a ton of different dampeners, propellers, sorbothane etc.. but in the end it never went away. I was using a gopro with 60 degree lens which showed even more jello. When you have a wide angled lens the jello is not that visible

But now i have the Phantom3 and i returned two P3s because of bad jello even on the ground without starting the motors, so it cant be the dampeners or props. My third Phantom3 is fine now. No vibrations and jello even in bright sunlight and wind.

So it must be the gimbal itself
2015-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules