Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can we please get a way to disable the loud BEEP BEEP BEEP
173406 173406 2016-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rjbarber
lvl.1
Canada

DJI, please do something about this. This is a rediculous thing to have to endure while flying your product. I was watching Mavic videos that included RTH and my entire family came running into the room demanding to know what doomsday device I had activated. Please update the firmware and allow the user to mute the beeper during user initiated RTH. With so many visual cues you could use to indicate the unit is still in RTH mode, why would you use this abusive noise for anything other than initially alerting the pilot that they entered RTH mode? I would not even support having this unmutable noise during low battery or signal loss initiated RTH, but I could tolerate it because I'm a responsible flyer and assume I would not have to experience it very often. I'm also only a perspective Mavic buyer at this time and this is a deal breaker for me. With so many choices out there, who wants to pay $1K+ to have to endure this piercing noise when initiating RTH? Not me.
2017-2-24
Use props
fansb259f8ce
New
Argentina

rjbarber Posted at 2017-2-24 07:30
DJI, please do something about this. This is a rediculous thing to have to endure while flying your product. I was watching Mavic videos that included RTH and my entire family came running into the room demanding to know what doomsday device I had activated. Please update the firmware and allow the user to mute the beeper during user initiated RTH. With so many visual cues you could use to indicate the unit is still in RTH mode, why would you use this abusive noise for anything other than initially alerting the pilot that they entered RTH mode? I would not even support having this unmutable noise during low battery or signal loss initiated RTH, but I could tolerate it because I'm a responsible flyer and assume I would not have to experience it very often. I'm also only a perspective Mavic buyer at this time and this is a deal breaker for me. With so many choices out there, who wants to pay $1K+ to have to endure this piercing noise when initiating RTH? Not me.

yes its VERY annoying, we need an option to disable it.
2017-2-24
Use props
seugnimod
lvl.1
Flight distance : 411073 ft
Portugal

I definitely agree. Even one of there days I was showing some functionalities to a friend and then wanted to keep talking to him so I just returned home. It's very annoying trying to talk to someone with that beeping, looks like something is wrong, when it was perfectly in control.
2017-2-24
Use props
aker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 634665 ft
United Kingdom

Please DJI! Please! Remove that sound. It's way too loud. Make the screen blinking if you have to do something!
2017-2-24
Use props
Loudy
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Another firmware, still no option to disable beeps...
2017-3-2
Use props
Njw83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 89767 ft
United Kingdom

another request to remove the bloody beeping!
2017-3-2
Use props
jpno1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152057 ft
New Zealand

to silent the buzzer, all you need to do is open the upper cover, and remove the transistor or simply cut the circuit.
360截图20170303045851325.jpg
2017-3-2
Use props
Loudy
lvl.1

United States

There was already a video made about it, but that voids the warranty. How come DJI didn't thing about a mute button? Imagine your DSLR doing the same loud beeps while changing the shutter speed during a wedding? Doesn't sound much PRO if you ask me...
2017-3-2
Use props
Heineken
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4755367 ft
Sweden

Mabe make a smal hole  in the buzzer and put some glue inside, can be a easy solution.
2017-3-2
Use props
fans40d7c46e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56598 ft
United States

+1 on a display notice after the initial 3 beeps showing the RTH function and it's continued progress.  There is NO NEED to keep beeping LOUDLY while it is returning.  It is more distracting that beneficial.  Either allow for it to be canceled after the initial beeps or give some sort of volume control for all beep sounds.  In general this remote when it beeps for anything it is VERY loud.  but the RTH takes it over the top of being too much to handle.

I DO NOT want or should have the need to modify my controller.  I think what we are asking for is reasonable and the safety aspect is still there visually since we all will be looking at our displays and seeing the process in action.

PLEASE allow to disable the peep after it's initial 3 beeps on the start of RTH.

Thank you.

2017-3-2
Use props
MDSH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 334869 ft
United Kingdom

I agree - its very distracting when trying to fly to me when the thing is BEEPING loudly.
2017-3-2
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

The beeping annoys me, too, I often fly it home manually to avoid the noise, but I think I'm coming around to appreciate the safety aspect of this. Next time I'm going to give the Home Lock Intelligent Flight Mode a try after turning the nose back to me.
2017-3-2
Use props
RMan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93215 ft
Canada

I agree it needs a software switch. But connecting Bluetooth headphones and adjusting the volume will do the trick.
2017-3-2
Use props
WInged Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077618 ft
  • >>>
United States

And then there's that tinny distant voice I can never quite make out. I would like to at least turn it up long enough to understand what it's saying and then be able to turn it down or off. You guys all hear that too?
Right?

You do, right?
2017-3-2
Use props
Loudy
lvl.1

Bulgaria

I'm losing hope, I found my self in a beautiful scenery and had to disturb it with the relentless beeps... I don't wanna be an ass and disturb other people so I now refrain from using it when there's any people around... This shouldn't be such an issue.
2017-3-8
Use props
garnets88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 286611 ft
United States

LOL. its not just me that's annoyed by the LOUD BEEP. Its ridiculous to have it that loud. Its like a fire alarm.
2017-3-8
Use props
Heavysledz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

WInged Eye Posted at 2017-3-2 16:26
And then there's that tinny distant voice I can never quite make out. I would like to at least turn it up long enough to understand what it's saying and then be able to turn it down or off. You guys all hear that too?
Right?

All audible responses are transmitted thru your phone/tablet not the remote. So if the volume is too low than it is you device.
2017-3-8
Use props
fansb56d5bfa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 156867 ft
  • >>>
United States

The beep is HORRIBLE.   Why not have the option of vibrating the phone instead of the horrible beeps.  I agree.... I can't stand the beeps.
2017-3-8
Use props
Loudy
lvl.1

Bulgaria

It be really nice if someone from the staff at least acknowledged this.
2017-3-12
Use props
the_dude
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18346 ft
United States

I'm in agreeance with most.  A flashing LED would've been ideal instead of the constant loud beeping but a mute and screen acknowledgment will suffice.  
2017-3-26
Use props
rydfree41
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

I keep coming back to this thread hoping I will see an answer from DJI but no luck . The beeping is annoying but it may be there for liability reasons and DJI may not get rid of it . If you are using automated RTH there is a chance it will land over someone and not precisely where it took off . It is probably there to actually get the attention of people that do not know it is coming back . Much like a trash trucks back up alarm, the driver knows he is backing up but passersby may not .
2017-3-26
Use props
Mharz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1647933 ft
United States

Bumping this thread with my vote for a volume controller AND an ACK button to silence the alarm.

The beeping is very distracting as you're finishing up your flight.
2017-3-26
Use props
Nikon 1
Second Officer
United States

Mharz Posted at 2017-3-26 13:51
Bumping this thread with my vote for a volume controller AND an ACK button to silence the alarm.

The beeping is very distracting as you're finishing up your flight.

Thanks for the " BUMP" -- I've never seen this thread before.

But I'll upvote this request.  It Is So Annoying & A Real Attention Getter / Distraction!
2017-3-26
Use props
sstolk
Flight distance : 215558 ft
Netherlands

For me too! Will desolder the beeper when no update will be made by DJI.
2017-3-26
Use props
Flyboyz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 142615 ft
Singapore

sometime quite embarrassing when flying in the park and i initiate FTH  when everyone who pass by me start looking  at me like i am having some time bomb going off soon...lol   
2017-3-27
Use props
Yraegel
Captain
Flight distance : 1411811 ft
United States

Bump. I agree. There has to be some sort of option. An ACK button on DJI GO if the volume can't be controlled.
2017-3-27
Use props
nay
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is.  Can you put a strip of tape over the screen looking thingy under the antennaes? Is that where the beeps comes from?
2017-3-27
Use props
quick_dry
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41526 ft
Australia

nay Posted at 2017-3-27 19:47
Is.  Can you put a strip of tape over the screen looking thingy under the antennaes? Is that where the beeps comes from?

Sound will also come out the mesh/holes on the other side under where your phone/tablet sits, and just "through the controller body - albeit muffled".
Trouble with doing that is that you block off all the airflow. The controller has a heatsink and fan inside so it needs decent ventilation.
It looks like, without a software fix, the easiest mod that can be undone is to open the controller and tape/muffle that buzzer.
2017-3-29
Use props
dzigakaiser
Germany

Here to upvote this, too. It is extremely loud!
2017-4-1
Use props
kaihin_1213
New
Hong Kong

I have google searched the beeping issue and have found numerous posts about this issue. However after all these months DJI seemed to ignore all of the opinions. It is really annoying. A warning is supposed to warn a pilot of a potential danger (Low battery, obstacles,etc). RTH is supposed to be a feature of the drone, so why am I being warned for using a provided feature? Does it mean that there would be danger if I activate RTH? There is a big "GOING HOME" signal on the remote display already. I don't need to be reminded for the entirety of the return flight that my drone is going home. While I prefer manual landing most of the time, sometimes when the app crashes (happens a lot) or when the signal is lost, the beep comes back and haunt me.  Imagine you are a pilot, and every time you set for an ILS landing, a warning will sound until you touchdown. It does not make any sense at all.
2017-4-6
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

kaihin_1213 Posted at 2017-4-6 11:22
I have google searched the beeping issue and have found numerous posts about this issue. However after all these months DJI seemed to ignore all of the opinions. It is really annoying. A warning is supposed to warn a pilot of a potential danger (Low battery, obstacles,etc). RTH is supposed to be a feature of the drone, so why am I being warned for using a provided feature? Does it mean that there would be danger if I activate RTH? There is a big "GOING HOME" signal on the remote display already. I don't need to be reminded for the entirety of the return flight that my drone is going home. While I prefer manual landing most of the time, sometimes when the app crashes (happens a lot) or when the signal is lost, the beep comes back and haunt me.  Imagine you are a pilot, and every time you set for an ILS landing, a warning will sound until you touchdown. It does not make any sense at all.

I think this is DJI's concern: you would be in danger if you hit RTH while the drone was a ways out, then got distracted by something and walked into the landing area and the drone hit you in the head. Or you allowed someone nearby to walk into the landing area, etc.

Honestly, even with the beeping I've kind of zoned out while waiting for the drone to return from far away.
2017-4-6
Use props
Landbo
First Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

kaihin_1213 Posted at 2017-4-6 11:22

Heard, that it is completely pointless and without respect for the pilot's intelligence and work.  

Hope this is not the Chinese working culture, that someone is standing shouting people in the neck near all the time.   

Best Regards Leif.   
2017-4-6
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

Landbo Posted at 2017-4-6 13:07
Heard, that it is completely pointless and without respect for the pilot's intelligence and work.  

Hope this is not the Chinese working culture, that someone is standing shouting people in the neck near all the time.   

I suspect it's more a response to the litigious culture.
2017-4-6
Use props
kaihin_1213
New
Hong Kong

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-4-6 11:46
I think this is DJI's concern: you would be in danger if you hit RTH while the drone was a ways out, then got distracted by something and walked into the landing area and the drone hit you in the head. Or you allowed someone nearby to walk into the landing area, etc.

Honestly, even with the beeping I've kind of zoned out while waiting for the drone to return from far away.

Well... if you can't hear a buzzing drone that is about to cut off your head then I don't think the constant beeping would help you either...
2017-4-8
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

kaihin_1213 Posted at 2017-4-8 00:59
Well... if you can't hear a buzzing drone that is about to cut off your head then I don't think the constant beeping would help you either...

Not everyone has great hearing, especially those of us who are older. I have an acquaintance who left his car running for several hours while at a photoshoot meetup because he couldn't hear the motor running. To be fair, I couldn't hear it, either!
2017-4-8
Use props
BluesDragon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 634291 ft
United States

Got my vote! Seems to me we could get enough signatures to petition this! A simple mute option after the initial alarm would suffice.
2017-4-8
Use props
Rick-Becco
First Officer
Flight distance : 48146 ft
United States

How about mute for X amount of seconds & then let us mute it again, not just the RTH but Battery Warnings they also need temp. mute or volume controller. how about just putting the control button on the app with a simple (up down arrows) for volume?
2017-4-8
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

For most, easiest just to lift the source (S) pin on the n fet.

sss.jpg

I haven't taken mine apart because, no point, it flys perfectly right now with really good numbers on distance. Open farmland getting in the 10's at 4000 feet. No yaw drifts, horizon is good. And this doesn't really bother me enough to mute it. You can adjust the default 30% battery alarm too.

But anyone ambitious could write some code on a micro to check for a change on the gate. Then the first deeeee daaaaaa is let through to the fet, or even change the sound if you want using your own pwm to the gate. Then it's shut off until the next one.

2017-4-8
Use props
SeaComms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568222 ft
Australia

BUMP and UpVote from me too.  Come on, another software update come and gone and still no option to mute!   I agree the reason for the beeps, but give us an acknowledgement button on the app to press and silence it!  Maybe not in Beginner mode or something, but you have advanced mode where we have to know how to fly, we know what to do on a RTH, so let us silence alarms! All alarms!

PLEASE!!!!!
2017-4-9
Use props
nay
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flew mine today and it seems like it is no longer a constant beeping it alternate to beep and to a lower volume tweet and beep.  It is a bit better it does not scream for attention that much anymore.  
2017-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules