Can we please get a way to disable the loud BEEP BEEP BEEP
57236 207 2016-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jcs613
New
United States

nay Posted at 2017-4-9 15:43
Flew mine today and it seems like it is no longer a constant beeping it alternate to beep and to a lower volume tweet and beep.  It is a bit better it does not scream for attention that much anymore.

I flew mine today, after it took abut a half hour to do a firmware update, and mine had the regular, constant, ridiculously loud beeping at low battery. It was so annoying in my setting that I actually found the setting to adjust at what battery percent the beep activates.

@DJI-Ken @DJI Mindy @DJI LA Support @DJI-Thor @Tahoe Ed @DJI Patrick @DJI-CS

DJI Please add mute functionality to the app/remote. I have heard if you do not use the phone, the controller will vibrate instead of make an audible beep. Please have the option to mute audible sounds/beeps, and and to have the remote vibrate instead. I agree with the others who have already posted above, especially agree with the example of a car low on gas that won't stop make VERY LOUD SOUNDS, until you get to a gas station. Surely that's distracted driving....and so is this, distracted flying.
2017-4-9
Use props
kuznetsoff
New
Flight distance : 24813 ft
Russia

It's so annoying.
This is only one thing I want in the next version of DjiGO

2017-4-10
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Yep, this is just ridiculous & flat-out embarrassing if anyone is within 1000 yards of you.

I usually fly where it is somewhat quiet (nature, landscape). Even at the beach, it's just too much beeping for too long. After all, I KNOW I PRESSED RTH.
2017-4-10
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

Hey guys.....  

Somehow got a preview of the new firmware.
2017-4-11
Use props
seeker_ktf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 218474 ft
United States

Hitting the power on the remote seems like a pretty scary way to shut off the beeping.  
2017-4-12
Use props
Lesani
lvl.1
Flight distance : 618307 ft
Austria

seeker_ktf_ Posted at 2017-4-12 02:06
Hitting the power on the remote seems like a pretty scary way to shut off the beeping.

It's actually OK, since to turn it off, you'd have to press twice AND hold...

I guess no other button readily available since all are in use already, ecept power ;)
2017-4-12
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

Lesani Posted at 2017-4-12 03:31
It's actually OK, since to turn it off, you'd have to press twice AND hold...

I guess no other button readily available since all are in use already, ecept power ;)

Yup seems like a great solution to me.
2017-4-12
Use props
kuznetsoff
New
Flight distance : 24813 ft
Romania

Is it works the same way with RTH alarm?
2017-4-13
Use props
BetaPilot
lvl.2

Canada

I just made a thread about this issue. Please chime in on the thread everyone so we can get some DJI eyeballs on it and have this backwards logic remedied. http://forum.dji.com/thread-93539-1-1.html
2017-4-21
Use props
Luka M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 780233 ft
Australia

Many people give you a weird look or ask you what it is, the mavic is something that you can get away with being inconspicuous in the public. Having your remote blaring a sound like this constantly while your waiting for your drone to return to you seems a bit thoughtless from DJI. Just drawing unwanted attention to the flyer and from what I can imagine this beep doesn't really add anything positive to the flying experience of the mavic.
2017-4-21
Use props
tiggy bengal
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Osray Posted at 2016-11-24 12:14
+1 for adding a mute option to that annoying beeper in the remote!

whats latest on annoying beeping
2017-4-27
Use props
tiggy bengal
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Osray Posted at 2016-11-24 12:14
+1 for adding a mute option to that annoying beeper in the remote!

whats latest on annoying beeping
2017-4-27
Use props
tiggy bengal
lvl.2
United Kingdom

me to

Another 'me too' vote, to control nuisance everybody look at me i have a Mavic  "beep beep beep"
( bystanders talking and LAUGHING at each other " look at that twat with a Nanny DJI  Mavic" ha ha ha )
2017-4-27
Use props
tiggy bengal
lvl.2
United Kingdom

deleting multiple posts after continually pressing " Post Reply" butting cos u don't know if it has posted is a bl****y PAIN by the time you edit it you have run out of editing time
how the heck do i DELETE a post????????????
2017-4-27
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

Keep the beep loud and proud!
2017-4-27
Use props
fansaabfbc93
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140814 ft
Germany

Thanks mate for sharing this!!!  Works great
2017-5-7
Use props
hællf
New
Russia

I for one would also prefer to watch my drone return without continuous loud beeping. Yes I asked for RTH, so no need to remind me all the time about it. Also I like this convenient feature, not using it or disassembling the controller is not the solution I expect for this price range..
2017-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

hællf Posted at 2017-5-16 07:33
I for one would also prefer to watch my drone return without continuous loud beeping. Yes I asked for RTH, so no need to remind me all the time about it. Also I like this convenient feature, not using it or disassembling the controller is not the solution I expect for this price range..

The beep is there as a warning to you and those around you that there is a drone coming in to land no longer under the control of the pilot, if you want it to stop beeping then just take back control, if you cannot take back control then it's a good thing that there is a warning.

Why does your seat belt beep lorries reversing beep ambulance fire truck police car and even your heart monitor beep, most of these are annoying unless they concern you.
2017-5-16
Use props
hællf
New
Russia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-16 07:53
The beep is there as a warning to you and those around you that there is a drone coming in to land no longer under the control of the pilot, if you want it to stop beeping then just take back control, if you cannot take back control then it's a good thing that there is a warning.

Why does your seat belt beep lorries reversing beep ambulance fire truck police car and even your heart monitor beep, most of these are annoying unless they concern you.

So you prefer people taking apart their controller and fiddling with it, making the whole thing so much safer. Maybe your controller should beep all the time, since you are always on the ground and never fully in control over something flying around
2017-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

hællf Posted at 2017-5-16 08:55
So you prefer people taking apart their controller and fiddling with it, making the whole thing so much safer. Maybe your controller should beep all the time, since you are always on the ground and never fully in control over something flying around

Probably the most ridiculous post I've read on this forum,

I think the only ones not in control are those who can't fly there aircraft back and land it, because if you do this that will take care of the beeping.
2017-5-16
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-16 09:31
Probably the most ridiculous post I've read on this forum,

I think the only ones not in control are those who can't fly there aircraft back and land it, because if you do this that will take care of the beeping.

Sorry Hallmark but if anyone's opinion is ridiculous, I think it's yours. Is it really so awkward for you and accepting others' opinion without all the time and being against ???   

And my opinion about the subject is, it's totally unnecessary and BEEP BEEP when the "dear" lady via her voice has anonceded RTH.  

Regards Leif.
2017-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Landbo Posted at 2017-5-16 09:51
Sorry Hallmark but if anyone's opinion is ridiculous, I think it's yours. Is it really so awkward for you and accepting others' opinion without all the time and being against ???   

And my opinion about the subject is, it's totally unnecessary and BEEP BEEP when the "dear" lady via her voice has anonceded RTH.  

First another one who can't read I never said anyone's opinion was ridiculous, and I know the reason why the beeping is there,
If your reasoning is , it's there just to annoy you and so it should be removed, I can tell you this is wrong.

You see when you press RTH it's you who starts the beeping, and you can stop by regaining control of the aircraft, so the pilot is in control of the beeping.
If you loose control of your aircraft and press RTH then the beeping is there to warn you and others around you that a drone is coming in to land. So it's a safe measure.

I don't think dji will remove the beeping or any other safety measure, because of a few like yourself who's only reason is it's to loud and it annoys you.
2017-5-16
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

tiggy bengal Posted at 2017-4-27 00:24
deleting multiple posts after continually pressing " Post Reply" butting cos u don't know if it has posted is a bl****y PAIN by the time you edit it you have run out of editing time
how the heck do i DELETE a post????????????

I think the more you post and participate, the more forum features unlock, for me it's under the Additional Options link -- see screengrab:

deleteme.png
2017-5-16
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-16 10:09
First another one who can't read I never said anyone's opinion was ridiculous, and I know the reason why the beeping is there,
If your reasoning is , it's there just to annoy you and so it should be removed, I can tell you this is wrong.

It is then the most strange argument and come along. It also shows me that Mr. Hallmark has not read the thread from start or maybe does not understand what it is about !!!

If BEEP BEEP should be a safety factor, it should be the autonomous aircraft that says BEEP BEEP and not the controller ???

I believe so much in the skills of my fellow human beings that the pilot can easily be left to tell any people around that there is comming an autonomous aircraft and landing. And if the pilot is so late that the person immediately forgets RTH is in action, people can hear the autonomous aircraft coming on the propeller noise that is higher than the controller's BEEP BEEP.

Who else says that the pilot / controller is in the same place as the autonomous aircraft lands ???

RTH is a nice feature that can usually save the pilot for time and thus battery during home flight.

Regards Leif.
2017-5-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Landbo Posted at 2017-5-17 00:16
It is then the most strange argument and come along. It also shows me that Mr. Hallmark has not read the thread from start or maybe does not understand what it is about !!!

If BEEP BEEP should be a safety factor, it should be the autonomous aircraft that says BEEP BEEP and not the controller ???

First I agree with you that aircraft should also have warning, but when it's 40 meters in the air and 40 meters away it would need to be very loud and only a couple of minutes away, if you are around a crowd of people not under your control and trying to watch your aircraft it may not be as easy as you think.

Regards getting home faster and saving battery, if you fly your aircraft by your radar you have a much more direct route option of avoiding the wind i.e. Flying more directly and lower and even faster, so your argument about saving time and battery is not really a good one.

I first learned about warnings when doing my commercial when we were told to keep volume up for warnings.
I am also a member of UAAI and presently putting together a proposal to EASA regarding new rules for flying drones in the EU, safety is key to getting more favourable rules throughout Europe and yes warnings are a big part of our submission and yes dji are also partaking in this proposal, if we are to start removing safety features then the likelihood is there will be more restrictions on the drone communities.

https://www.easa.europa.eu/docum ... will-start-12052017
2017-5-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Landbo Posted at 2017-5-17 00:16

Autonomous, your aircraft is not flying autonomously but rather automatically.

Pilots are responsible enough to turn on the warning themselves. I'm sure this also applies to seat belts in cars so why does every car manufacturer throughout the world not give responsibility to drivers, simple because many will put on there seat belts but a lot won't
2017-5-17
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156867 ft
  • >>>
United States

I THINK!  Can't recall for sure... but I think I got rid of the beeping... by flipping the sport mode switch back and forth during RTH.   Someone try this and confirm... I haven't been flying for awhile now...
2017-6-9
Use props
fans99329374
New
Flight distance : 21486 ft
Sweden

Could we at least get the EV wheel quiet? I don't need a loud beep when i change the ev. And the same goes for the programmable buttons, autofocus, etc etc.
Why oh why do they need to BEEP?!? It's ridiculous!

The RTH function is nice. But i just stopped using it because of that damn beep. But i can buy why, at least.
But the other buttons, just fix it already! :/
2017-6-26
Use props
Razman
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone from DJI publically ascknowledged they need for RC audio options?
2017-7-11
Use props
geordie81
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14409554 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Homerlovesbeer Posted at 2016-11-23 03:22
Doesn't bother me at all. I don't see what the big deal is.

just because it doesn't bother you, it doesn't mean the rest of don't get annoyed by it, i find it stupid how obnoxiously loud and consistent it is
2017-7-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Razman Posted at 2017-7-11 05:05
Has anyone from DJI publically ascknowledged they need for RC audio options?

I think the fact they added it to spark and cadence RC is acknowledgement enough that it is needed as a safety measure, it's easy to turn off just fly your AC manually home , no beeping.
2017-7-11
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

In beginner mode makes good sense. But for seasoned flyers it seems less important - maybe a less frequent beep would be better, as I for one find the close spacing of beeps drowns out the sound of the returning drone - this more so with the quieter MPP due out soon.
2017-10-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Lamplighter55 Posted at 2017-10-11 07:12
In beginner mode makes good sense. But for seasoned flyers it seems less important - maybe a less frequent beep would be better, as I for one find the close spacing of beeps drowns out the sound of the returning drone - this more so with the quieter MPP due out soon.

Why are you using RTH ? If you fly manually you won’t have any beeping.
2017-10-11
Use props
Bastien Flies
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545236 ft
France

Haha I was doing a flight simulation in my room earlier this morning (I was trying to crash the drone on purpose but didn't succeed) then pressed RTH and my flatmate bursted in and said WHERE'S THAT BEEP BEEP COMING FROM?
I totally agree with you. Especially when your drone is far away, it lasts for ages...
2017-10-11
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-11 07:46
Why are you using RTH ? If you fly manually you won’t have any beeping.

Am a noob so am using what's available - but you're right, with greater experience and fine-tuning my flying skills I probably will be manually bringing it back to base most flights. Still, its not the function as such, just the volume and frequency - which is a distraction and an irritating sound - a flashing RC console light would be adequate instead.
2017-10-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Lamplighter55 Posted at 2017-10-11 12:04
Am a noob so am using what's available - but you're right, with greater experience and fine-tuning my flying skills I probably will be manually bringing it back to base most flights. Still, its not the function as such, just the volume and frequency - which is a distraction and an irritating sound - a flashing RC console light would be adequate instead.

I think the main purpose of the beeping is to make those around aware of possible danger as a drone will be landing in the area under its own control or no longer under the control of the pilot.

I do think it’s a necessary evil , however the level of sound could be lowered.
2017-10-11
Use props
cra1gst
New

United Kingdom

Play audio via tablet or phone so we can acknowledge and dismiss the warnings even a disclaimer
2017-11-3
Use props
AirReal1
lvl.1
United States

Since the day I bought my Mavic Pro, I've thought the beeping for low battery and RTM was obnoxious and unnecessary. Just WAY too loud.

It's a piezo device and I highly suspect there's no way for DJI to electronically control the volume of it, so the only option is on/off.

For those of you who like the idea of the BEEP, no one is asking it be removed. Feel free to BEEP on!

The vast majority of the rest of us are simply asking that we have an option to acknowledge the "alert" (either low battery or RTM) once it starts BEEPING, and then be able to mute with whatever "warning" DJI wants to get us to acknowledge to do so.  That's it.
2017-11-9
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

AirReal1 Posted at 2017-11-9 07:04
Since the day I bought my Mavic Pro, I've thought the beeping for low battery and RTM was obnoxious and unnecessary. Just WAY too loud.

It's a piezo device and I highly suspect there's no way for DJI to electronically control the volume of it, so the only option is on/off.

Yup.      +1
2017-11-9
Use props
Mr.Langmo
New
Norway

Mute it
2017-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules