Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iTunes export: "videocache" and "hg300 storage" folders
4678 4 2016-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
#bellavitaotto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 241371 ft
Vietnam

I tried to create a movie with the DJI GO app movie editor. Unfortunately I then discovered that the final video can't be saved on the camera roll and has to be uploaded on skypixel in order to be shared.

So... I want to export all the original videos from the app to my mac for editing in Premiere. I understand this is not a simple task (there's no bulk export feature in the app) and therefore I'm resorting to the iTunes file transfer.

I can see two folders in the app that contain videos: "videocache" and "hg300 storage". What's the difference between the two folder? Which one contains the original videos and should be copied on my mac?

Many thanks,
Andrea

2016-11-22
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Find the two folders "HD300 Storage"  and "Video Cache"

The first stores your photos, the second stores the videos,

And click "Save to" , and transfer these two folders  into your computer.
2016-11-23
Use props
#bellavitaotto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 241371 ft
Vietnam

Hey, thanks!
Actually, the "HD300 Storage" folder contains videos also. So I was wondering which one between the two folders contains the original (best quality) videos. In the "HD300 Storage" folder videos are saved as "MOV" files, whilst in "Video Cache" they are "MP4" files.
I would prefer not to save both folders because they are both over 50GB and I don't want duplicate files that I don't need... ;)
2016-11-23
Use props
sparkosmo
New

United States

#bellavitaotto Posted at 2016-11-23 06:35
Hey, thanks!
Actually, the "HD300 Storage" folder contains videos also. So I was wondering which one between the two folders contains the original (best quality) videos. In the "HD300 Storage" folder videos are saved as "MOV" files, whilst in "Video Cache" they are "MP4" files.
I would prefer not to save both folders because they are both over 50GB and I don't want duplicate files that I don't need... ;)

It appears that the hg300 storage has duplicates of the videoCache videos.  They are both h.264 movies.  The hg300 videos are wrapped in a QuickTime container.  I'm going to assume that on the phone, this is a QuickTime wrapper that "links" to the original MP4 file in the videoCache, so there is no duplicate media on the phone.  Probably needed for compatibility with the phone.  This is pure speculation on my part.  Once you copy them off the phone, they become duplicate files.

You will need to copy the videoCache if you want the original videos, and the hg300 storage for the still photos. deleting the duplicate videos.  That said, the MOVs should be the exact same video as the MP4s... so, it doesn't really matter which one you keep.

What a ridiculous and convoluted process!
2016-12-16
Use props
deremic
Flight distance : 335423 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I've deleted number of videos via DJI GO app using the Editor.

Now when I connect the app to the Osmo and open Library (while on the capturing screen) -  I can see that deleted videos are still there and playable.

It seems that DJI GO Editor and Library are working with different set of files? Can someone explain what's going on? Is it possible to sync these two?
2018-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules