Camera bag for Mavic (compact but specific to protect RC joysticks)
1314 7 2016-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116165 ft
United States

Hey everyone,

I am looking to purchase a camera bag for my Mavic Pro, RC, batteries and charger. The problem I worry about is the RC joysticks being knocked around while in a camera bag/while in transport.

How does everyone ensure the joysticks to their RC aren't being pushed around/jammed while transporting in a camera bag? I see online all sorts of huge, hard cover cases, but to me that is very wasteful as it ruins the very reason I bought a small compact drone. I don't want to carry around a huge briefcase like I'm dropping off a case full of loot. I want something small and compact, that protects the integrity of the drone and RC (specifically the joy sticks).

Thank you for your info

2016-11-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are concerned about it I did see somewhere online where a company 3d printed a small cover that went over the sticks and kept them centered. If I see it again I'll post the link.
2016-11-23
Use props
Warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Fleabay I've seen them on their.
2016-11-23
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

http://forum.dji.com/thread-70800-1-2.html

An even cheaper solution to protect the joysticks.  Look at post #35 in the attached thread.
2016-11-23
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116165 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-24 00:07
If you are concerned about it I did see somewhere online where a company 3d printed a small cover th ...

Thank you Ken

I did see this on eBay which I am considering buying, it seems the foam is specifically fitted which would probably protect the joysticks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterpro ... :g:h4MAAOSwB09YMqRn
2016-11-23
Use props
Nerds=Drones
lvl.2

United States

Pelican Micro case is the route I when in the other thread is a picture
2016-11-23
Use props
Warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Wind Junkie Posted at 2016-11-23 16:17
Thank you Ken

I did see this on eBay which I am considering buying, it seems the foam is specific ...

Thanks for that that bag is great just what I was looking for, it's a pity I don't have a mavic to put in it.
2016-11-23
Use props
jayh410
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11266 ft
United States

Elena Posted at 2016-12-20 07:31
Maybe you could find your baghere.

Based on a suggestion from a different post on this forum I picked up a Lowepro Slingshot Edge 250 AW Camera Case.  It's got more than  enough space for the fly-more package with multiple batteries, etc.  I also picked up a pelican 1520 hard case for if I do any serious travel.  Haven't touched the pelican yet because the Lowepro fits everything so well.
2016-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules