Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iphone battery life
1565 14 2016-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jg9
lvl.1

United States

How is everyones iphone battery holding up?

I have an older Iphone 5 right now( getting a 7 this weekend)
My phone dies before i can even fly one full battery. talk about buzz kill haha.

2016-11-23
Use props
ferrari-458-ut
lvl.1

United States

Ouch not even one flight?  My iPhone 6 Plus can get 3 full battery flights but it's pretty close to 0% after that.  So today I flew with my iPad using a cable to the USB port but you have to remove the micro usb cable on the side in order for it to recognize the lower usb port.  I launch it from my driveway walk back into my office and fly it watching it out my window, IT'S EPIC!  This is my first drone and I'm totally addicted to it!! Awesome job DJI, it was worth the wait!
2016-11-23
Use props
AusAir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 425049 ft
Australia

iPhone 7 fully charged is sitting around 60% after three flight batteries have been taken to around 25%. Just over an hours flight time.
2016-11-23
Use props
Great_Cookie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391512 ft
Japan

On my now 1yr old Iphone 6S Plus, i'm seeing about an average drop of about 18-20% per flight (with average flight time around 17-20min/flight) - so it works out to be roughly 1% per minute for battery life.

I'm just hoping that the battery in the RC is able to be replaced (at some stage) WITHOUT the need to replace the entire unit.
2016-11-23
Use props
Jg9
lvl.1

United States

good to hear the newer phones are doing better than mine, hope to end up with a new phone over the weekend.  Thanks
2016-11-24
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105558 ft
United States

It would be interesting to see if something like this can be used to charge and use data at the same time (i know micro usb you would need a apple one)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Micro- ... cable-/272077405206

2016-11-24
Use props
Maverick2
New

China

I have the same issue in my iPhone6. I found a battery case (called "Smart Battery Case") in Apple Store but not sure if it can be used at the Mavic Pro remote control.
this case will keep the two sides of iPhone basically the same thickness because the battery is placed at the middle of the case. thus, I think it can be put into the remote control.
it provides a lightning slot outside the case and claims to be working for data transfer and charging as well.  
the core question: is it ok when the iPhone is being charged by the battery case, and is connected with the Mavic remote control at the same time?
anyone has the idea on it?
see below for the product details in Apple Store:
http://www.apple.com/shop/produc ... 6fh%3D458b%252B45bf
2016-12-4
Use props
gavin,walker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 431706 ft
United Kingdom

My Iphone 6 used 56% in 15 minutes using the flight simulator today. since installing the app I have had my phone shutdown with low battery and after plugging it in to see it immediately at 65%. I have been to see a genius at the Apple store, they checked the battery and all was ok, then they tested the software to find some errors. they recommended wiping the phone and setting it up as a new phone. spend ages installing all my apps passwords payment card details and all the usual stuff, it has taken me 4 days to do it all and it still has battery low warnings and shutdowns for no reason.  any one help?
2017-1-3
Use props
ascendcam
New
United States

I have serious battery consumption issues on an iPhone 6 too. It was down to 0% after 3 flights with the Mavic Pro. DJI needs to look into the cause of this problem!
2017-1-3
Use props
ryannewell
New

United States

gavin,walker Posted at 2017-1-3 03:20
My Iphone 6 used 56% in 15 minutes using the flight simulator today. since installing the app I have had my phone shutdown with low battery and after plugging it in to see it immediately at 65%. I have been to see a genius at the Apple store, they checked the battery and all was ok, then they tested the software to find some errors. they recommended wiping the phone and setting it up as a new phone. spend ages installing all my apps passwords payment card details and all the usual stuff, it has taken me 4 days to do it all and it still has battery low warnings and shutdowns for no reason.  any one help?

I have had similar issues. Started a flight with about 87% battery. Flying for 15 minutes or so when my phone shuts down and request I charge it. I put it in my pocket for a few minutes take it back out and restart it and it back up to 65%.
2017-1-3
Use props
gavin,walker
lvl.1
United Kingdom

ryannewell Posted at 2017-1-3 13:23
I have had similar issues. Started a flight with about 87% battery. Flying for 15 minutes or so when my phone shuts down and request I charge it. I put it in my pocket for a few minutes take it back out and restart it and it back up to 65%.

I have had many talks with Apple about this and have been into their store three times. each visit is a 90 mile round trip and I have to take my wife out for dinner each time. after having my issue escalated to a more senior manager, it seems Apple know about this issue and they tell me that their engineers are working on a patch to their IOS 10.2 with a new software update. they assure me this will fix my battery issues. one of the in store Geniuses wasn't interested in diagnosing my problem, he just wanted to sell me an iphone 7.
2017-1-17
Use props
gavin,walker
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have had many talks with Apple about this and have been into their store three times. each visit is a 90 mile round trip and I have to take my wife out for dinner each time. after having my issue escalated to a more senior manager, it seems Apple know about this issue and they tell me that their engineers are working on a patch to their IOS 10.2 with a new software update. they assure me this will fix my battery issues. one of the in store Geniuses wasn't interested in diagnosing my problem, he just wanted to sell me an iphone 7.
2017-1-17
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

I have iPhone battery life issues (as do many others) but it's mostly cold weather related I started this thread which contains tips to getting around the problem:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid645741

2017-1-17
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

Try putting your phone in airplane mode when you fly. Since doing that, my 6S+ uses about 10% in a 15 minute flight.
2017-1-17
Use props
richard 1957
lvl.1
Canada

Watty2000 Posted at 2017-1-17 08:51
Try putting your phone in airplane mode when you fly. Since doing that, my 6S+ uses about 10% in a 15 minute flight.

it is to cold where i am in canada to try flying my mavic pro but i will remember this when i do thank you .
2017-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules